*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

looking good so far..From a closer observer than me, why doesnt this team have a much better record with all this talent..??
Injuries + youth + goalie past his prime = inconsistent The veteran players brought in to hedge the rookie ups and downs ( Jason Williams, Sopel, Kevyn Adams and Zyuzin) have either been injured or are injured. Plus, "The Bulin Wall" has been up and down all year, and now he's out for a couple of weeks. Toews is really showing that he should be the Rookie of the Year. The team just looks different when he's out there, and he's out there in all situations. Why they are waiting to patch the "C" on his jersey is just crazy. So many things to look forward to with the Hawks. It's kinda like when you go to a movie in the theaters and you see a totally awesome preview. This year is just a tease for the upcoming years. Hopefully Crawford gets some time in the nets now. Also, for the first time, the Hawks will be having a Hawks Convention in July. The Bears, Cubs and Sox do this every offseason and it's a great chance to hang out with players and coaches and talk about teams in the offseasons. Great chance to get some autographs. I'm so going to be there!
  • Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

barker looks like he's finally starting to 'get it' now, whats the word on him dave?
He looks good in the offensive zone and on the PP. He starting to learn you don't always have to get the buck into the back of the net. Just making sure the puck gets past defenders is the main goal. He used to take his sweet ass time getting a shot off trying to be hard and perfect, but now he's putting it either at a teammate in front of the net, or giving rebound chances. Funny thing is though, now they start going in for him more. I think Sopel has been a huge help for the young d-men. Defense wise, he's prob 4th best behind Keith, Seabrook and Wisneiwski.
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=353815With their new goalie M Broduer now with the Hawks I think they should be a whole lot better team. Just seeing that name between the pipes in practice should raise the teams confidence 110%! :club:
Crawford is the goalie of the future, and they want him to get playing time so Broduer is just up to sit on the bench and be a backup. He'll probably be sent down as soon as the game is over.
Crawford is the goalie of the future, and they want him to get playing time so Broduer is just up to sit on the bench and be a backup. He'll probably be sent down as soon as the game is over.
Davey I was joking about his name. :club:
Davey I was joking about his name. :club:
I was just trying to provide some hometown insight into the goalie prospects. I caught on to the joking part. Moving on...Yes the Hawks are playing much better and with more confidence. Is Toews the difference? Maybe, or maybe they are more relaxed. At this point the season is a success no matter what. Yesterday was the fifth sellout this year (shut up, that's a great sign for the Hawks). They are fun to watch again, and they have players that you can allow yourself to root for because they are good guys and should be around for a few years. Playoffs would be awesome this year, but not at the price of trading young talent.

If the Hawks don't make the playoffs I hope they end up with another very high pick since I'd like them to be one of the top teams in the future after putting up with Dollar Bill.Whenever I see Toews the player he most reminds me of in what he brings to his team is Steve Yzerman with size.

I was just trying to provide some hometown insight into the goalie prospects. I caught on to the joking part. Moving on...Yes the Hawks are playing much better and with more confidence. Is Toews the difference? Maybe, or maybe they are more relaxed. At this point the season is a success no matter what. Yesterday was the fifth sellout this year (shut up, that's a great sign for the Hawks). They are fun to watch again, and they have players that you can allow yourself to root for because they are good guys and should be around for a few years. Playoffs would be awesome this year, but not at the price of trading young talent.
Nice to see.
If the Hawks don't make the playoffs I hope they end up with another very high pick since I'd like them to be one of the top teams in the future after putting up with Dollar Bill.Whenever I see Toews the player he most reminds me of in what he brings to his team is Steve Yzerman with size.
Disclaimer:Toews is a Big M in the AHL...
  • 2 weeks later...

Davey...what do we think about the trade between our respective GM's?I think you got a good one in Ladd, but I like the risk/reward of T.Ruutu. I'm pretty happy with the move, but then again, always been a fan of Ruutu, and Ladd only recently has started to come into his own. Very curious to see what happens with these guys over the next few years.

Davey...what do we think about the trade between our respective GM's?I think you got a good one in Ladd, but I like the risk/reward of T.Ruutu. I'm pretty happy with the move, but then again, always been a fan of Ruutu, and Ladd only recently has started to come into his own. Very curious to see what happens with these guys over the next few years.
I liked Ruutu. He was our best young player for the past few years. He always had a problem putting in goals though. He plays hard, and dishes out a lot of hits. His goal totals should have gone up this year while all the skill players who came in, but instead he was in a 32 goal-less streak. I like the move by both teams. Sometimes you just need a change, and I wish Ruutu all the best as a Hurricane. The Hawks did an ok job of shedding some salary.

Lalime Shuts Out Coyotes And Havlat InjuredFebruary 28, 2008, 12:14 AM ET [16 Comments] Lalime sparkled and the Hawks held off the Coyotes for a 1-0 win. In the beginning of the 2nd Period Havlat went down in front of the Coyote net and skated off with an apparent right shoulder injury. No further details are available now and Havlat will not make the trip to Dallas. Marty will be examined tomorrow and a specific diagnosis should follow. -------------------------------------Lol

Lalime Shuts Out Coyotes And Havlat InjuredFebruary 28, 2008, 12:14 AM ET [16 Comments] Lalime sparkled and the Hawks held off the Coyotes for a 1-0 win. In the beginning of the 2nd Period Havlat went down in front of the Coyote net and skated off with an apparent right shoulder injury. No further details are available now and Havlat will not make the trip to Dallas. Marty will be examined tomorrow and a specific diagnosis should follow. -------------------------------------Lol
His days are numbered in Chicago anyways. They probably weren't getting offered what they wanted in a trade, so maybe over the summer he'll be gone. There are too many good forwards in their system, and he's just taking up cap space. The Hawks aren't in a "need to win now" mentality. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but his salary combined with his injuries just piss me off something fierce.
They probably weren't getting offered what they wanted in a trade, so maybe over the summer he'll be gone. There are too many good forwards in their system, and he's just taking up cap space. The Hawks aren't in a "need to win now" mentality. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but his salary combined with his injuries just piss me off something fierce.
I'm surprised they didn't let someone take Havlat off of their hands for nothing.

You can't give Havlat away for nothing, he's not totally useless. The off season is their best chance to get good value for him. Maybe wait until after the FAs are signed and there might be one or two teams that missed out that will want a potentially very dangerous scorer. He's worth the risk if you have the cap room.

The Hawks played very well tonight. Ducks couldn't get anything going and pretty much played their worst 1st period of the season.
I thought the Ducks were going to pick it up after they killed off that 5-3, then the 4 minute PP.