*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

Big game for the Hawks tonight against the Rubber Duckies. They finally had to put Williams on the IR, and Savard has put Byfuglien on the top line with Havlat and Langer. Hopefully Tazer and Kaner can break out of their little funk and start scoring again.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

I can't wait until next Saturday, going to the Sabres-Hawks game. I'm having a bit of a moral dillema about the game though, can't decide if I should wear my Drury jersey or my new Patrick Kane...I think I have to support my boys in blue though, so it'll have to be the Drury.

I can't wait until next Saturday, going to the Sabres-Hawks game. I'm having a bit of a moral dillema about the game though, can't decide if I should wear my Drury jersey or my new Patrick Kane...I think I have to support my boys in blue though, so it'll have to be the Drury.
Come on, you HAVE to wear the Kaner. I look forward to getting Toews and Kane's autographs tomorrow at a signing.

This is why I hate not being able to see all the Hawks games:15:09 Adam Burish: 5 Minutes for Fighting Derek Armstrong15:09 Derek Armstrong: 5 Minutes for Fighting Adam Burish15:09 Brad Stuart: 10 Minutes for Misconduct Tuomo Ruutu15:09 Brad Stuart: 5 Minutes for Fighting Tuomo Ruutu15:09 Brad Stuart: 10-Minute Game Misconduct Tuomo Ruutu15:09 Derek Armstrong: 10-Minute Game Misconduct Adam Burish15:09 Tuomo Ruutu: 2 Minutes for Charging Lubomir Visnovsky15:09 Tuomo Ruutu: 5 Minutes for Fighting Brad Stuart15:09 Adam Burish: 10-Minute Game Misconduct Derek Armstrong15:09 Brad Stuart: 5 Minute Major Instigator - Face Shield Tuomo Ruutu15:09 Brad Stuart: 2-Minute Bench Penalty for Instigating Tuomo RuutuDid anyone see the game, what happened?

Dave, you think Eager replaces Koci in lineup? I think this hurts Koci...Im assuming they were only using him at fwd anyway.(got Koci in a pool, need his pims)
I like Koci, but he's a weak skater. He's been working with Dan Jansen(?), the Olympian, at improving his skating but they still view him as a liability on the ice. When he hasn't been in the lineup, teams have really pushed us around, so Eager may be replacing Koci until he (hopefully) improves his skills. Adam Burrish has the mentality to be a "gritty player," but he's not big or strong enough to protect Tazer and Kaner every night. Same with Wisneiwski and Byfuglien. IF they keep Koci, Eager and Burrish around for a couple of years and then bring in Aliu, then watch out Philly cause we're gonna be one bad ass team.
  • 2 weeks later...

Ouch, Toews to miss about 4 weeks with a knee injury. They looked like crap against the Kings after he went out of the game. Hopefully they are being a little on the cautious side. I truly believe this team has playoff potential when healthy, but right now they are looking more and more like the Rockford Icehogs.

New things to report in Hawk-Nation:A. Keith has been named to the All-Star team. This is kinda surprising because I thought Sharp was going to make it from the Hawks, but with Keith's play and the amount of ice time he's logged, he deserves it. B. Sopel has been signed to a 3-year ext. I like this move, and it shows that he's having a very positive effect on the younger rearguards. C. The Hawks have traded Johansson to the Panthers for a 09 7th round pick. He's wasn't fitting in here. That is all. Enjoy the games tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, so Toews is back and they scored 7 last night against the Bluejackets. Tonight is going to be a tough test against a hot Radulov and the Preds. The offense looks much improved now that Toews is back.
looking good so far..From a closer observer than me, why doesnt this team have a much better record with all this talent..??