*** Official Blackhawks Thread ***

OK story time:So my friend goes to college in Chicago, he's a film major and wants to do artsy things like make movies/direct/do whatever in the business. Every now and then I catch up with him, haven't in a while but finally got around to doing it tonight. You know the usual things "How are you's?" and "How is classes?" Well for some reason I ask him about Chicago hockey and if a lot of people around the town are stoked about it, and if it gets good advertising. He then tells me how it's pretty awesome, and how he's never liked hockey but is getting into this year (you'll see why). He sad he went a game and saw one of the greatest goals ever. I immediately think it was the Toews goal, I asked him who they played and he said the Avs. so I can see why he was stoked. "dude this one shot was UNBELIEVABLE." I told him how I wish I was there and then he busts this one out on me. "oh, and one other thing, im dating the coach's daughter." I flip out ("WGHAIsfhg[eraief gpe87ftaewp8fyaewp98fyw[ea89fyqwe[09fyeqw\") and ask him more about it..."when i met him all i could say was, nice to meet you sir and we shook hands, but there is a ****in awesome story that goes with it. lets just put it this way, this is the night that sparked my friend and i to write a sitcom." Then promptly tells me that he's got to go, what a way to leave me hanging. But he said he liked her a lot and that she was are really nice and cool girl. So I'm pretty envious at this point.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bollig87: You think @88PKane's stick handling video was good, check out my version. Much better.   http://t.co/BuZZ8wOq8X   Boller?

I like you guys, but please stop calling him Kaner.   Thanks.  

so how am I supposed to talk about Penner without Bob making fun of me?

I was pretty disappointed with their performance in Boston, but Boston looked pretty good though. Thomas is solid. The hawks need to figure out what to do with this Samsonov guy. I realize that he is propably better than having Cullimore, but they have too many forwards in the A that could be up here. He's had that wound for a couple games now. The whole game I was just waiting for Kane to skate right under Chara legs. That's 4G and 4A in 8 games for Toews. Koci and Zyuzin on IR, and Dave Bolland has been called up.

3 losses in a row, ouch. They are still playing well for the most part. Benching Samsonov was a great move, now just make it permanent and call up Skille. What i really liked was how Ruutu and Keith both jumped in when someone took a run at Toews last night.

3 losses in a row, ouch. They are still playing well for the most part. Benching Samsonov was a great move, now just make it permanent and call up Skille. What i really liked was how Ruutu and Keith both jumped in when someone took a run at Toews last night.
Toews point streak continues also, he's scored a point in every game he's ever played in the NHL.

Hey Davey, who's going to fight Chara next LOL. That guy is a freaking monster, and who calls their kid Zedeno?Samsonov is a bum. It won't be long until he bolts off to Russia IMO.

Hey Davey, who's going to fight Chara next LOL. That guy is a freaking monster, and who calls their kid Zedeno?Samsonov is a bum. It won't be long until he bolts off to Russia IMO.
Chara is not that good of a fighter. Koci is just crazy, he'll go anytime anywhere. Zedeno sounds more like a soccer player's name, in fact, he should have Zedeno on the back of his jersey instead of Chara. Samsonov is a bum. I was fine with the trade when they made it because it saved us a little bit of dough and it got Cullimore out of here. There was a small chance that he could regain some of his scoring touch that he had when he was in Boston. He should go back to Mother Russia, the Hawks have plenty of young forwards who could contribute more than he can.
Chara is not that good of a fighter. Koci is just crazy, he'll go anytime anywhere. Zedeno sounds more like a soccer player's name, in fact, he should have Zedeno on the back of his jersey instead of Chara. Samsonov is a bum. I was fine with the trade when they made it because it saved us a little bit of dough and it got Cullimore out of here. There was a small chance that he could regain some of his scoring touch that he had when he was in Boston. He should go back to Mother Russia, the Hawks have plenty of young forwards who could contribute more than he can.
I don't know how you can say Chara is not that good of a fighter.Chara is definitely very tough. He doesn't fight that much because he is more valuable on the ice unlike Koci and other tough guys.
I don't know how you can say Chara is not that good of a fighter.Chara is definitely very tough. He doesn't fight that much because he is more valuable on the ice unlike Koci and other tough guys.
Chara's as useful as tits on a bull.

Comcast SportsNet To Broadcast Nov. 11 Home Game vs. Detroit Chicago Blackhawks Press Release Oct 29, 2007, 3:05 PM EDT The Chicago Blackhawks and Comcast SportsNet have announced that Comcast SportsNet will televise their first home game of the season on Sunday, November 11 when the Blackhawks play host to the archrival Detroit Red Wings at 6:00 p.m.The November 11 game will be the first in a series of home games to be broadcast live and in high-definition on Comcast SportsNet. The full schedule will be released next week with additional home games airing throughout the remainder of the 2007-2008 season.“It’s time to share the energy and excitement of the Blackhawks with all of our fans,” said Blackhawks Chairman W. Rockwell “Rocky” Wirtz. “We are entering a new era and putting home games back on TV is the first step to supporting our great players and fans.”The inaugural Blackhawks home game package telecast on Comcast SportsNet will be presented by the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers.“We are very happy to be bringing home games to Blackhawk fans beginning November 11,” said James J. Corno, President of Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “In addition to home games being presented in crystal-clear high-definition, we will deliver the experience of what it’s like to be at a Blackhawk game at the United Center with live, on-site coverage during the pre and post-game show, locker room access and player interviews, on-ice/in-game player access, along with a number of additional in-game elements fans will certainly appreciate.With a big thanks to our advertising partner Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers, Chicago sports fans are in for a television experience like never before.”The evening gets underway on Comcast SportsNet at 5:30 pm with “Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live” featuring live reports from the United Center. The game will be immediately followed by post-game coverage including locker room interviews and head coach Denis Savard’s press conference on “Blackhawks Post Game Live.”Those in attendance at the November 11 game will join the team and special guests in celebrating this season’s inaugural home telecast. Live music will be featured throughout the main concourse before and after the game and fans will enjoy period breaks throughout the night to mark the occasion with celebration.The Blackhawks have beaten the Red Wings in both of their meetings this year: 4-3 on October 6 and 3-2 on October 12.“Those who have been to a game this year have seen the great talent and non-stop excitement of our players,” Wirtz noted. “Whether watching the November 11 game in high-definition or in person, our fans will be in for an incredible experience.”

Comcast SportsNet To Broadcast Nov. 11 Home Game vs. Detroit Chicago Blackhawks Press Release Oct 29, 2007, 3:05 PM EDT The Chicago Blackhawks and Comcast SportsNet have announced that Comcast SportsNet will televise their first home game of the season on Sunday, November 11 when the Blackhawks play host to the archrival Detroit Red Wings at 6:00 p.m.The November 11 game will be the first in a series of home games to be broadcast live and in high-definition on Comcast SportsNet. The full schedule will be released next week with additional home games airing throughout the remainder of the 2007-2008 season.“It’s time to share the energy and excitement of the Blackhawks with all of our fans,” said Blackhawks Chairman W. Rockwell “Rocky” Wirtz. “We are entering a new era and putting home games back on TV is the first step to supporting our great players and fans.”The inaugural Blackhawks home game package telecast on Comcast SportsNet will be presented by the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers.“We are very happy to be bringing home games to Blackhawk fans beginning November 11,” said James J. Corno, President of Comcast SportsNet Chicago. “In addition to home games being presented in crystal-clear high-definition, we will deliver the experience of what it’s like to be at a Blackhawk game at the United Center with live, on-site coverage during the pre and post-game show, locker room access and player interviews, on-ice/in-game player access, along with a number of additional in-game elements fans will certainly appreciate.With a big thanks to our advertising partner Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers, Chicago sports fans are in for a television experience like never before.”The evening gets underway on Comcast SportsNet at 5:30 pm with “Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live” featuring live reports from the United Center. The game will be immediately followed by post-game coverage including locker room interviews and head coach Denis Savard’s press conference on “Blackhawks Post Game Live.”Those in attendance at the November 11 game will join the team and special guests in celebrating this season’s inaugural home telecast. Live music will be featured throughout the main concourse before and after the game and fans will enjoy period breaks throughout the night to mark the occasion with celebration.The Blackhawks have beaten the Red Wings in both of their meetings this year: 4-3 on October 6 and 3-2 on October 12.“Those who have been to a game this year have seen the great talent and non-stop excitement of our players,” Wirtz noted. “Whether watching the November 11 game in high-definition or in person, our fans will be in for an incredible experience.”
As soon as I saw this on their website, I sent it out to almost everyone I know. I've been talking up the BlackHawks all summer, and when Wirtz "was gone" I said that it's a new era for them. This just goesto show that thiungs are changing for the better here in Chi-Town. I know Adam (owner of The Lost Cause), and a few others, have recognized the Hawks as a team on the rise. To everyone else, jump on the wagon while there is still room. Oh, and to the Penguins fans, see you in the finals soon!

Backhawks at Dallas 10/31Toews already has a goal, so that makes it his first 10 NHL scoring a point. Kane has a goal and assist, and Ruutu has 2 assists. Hawks look good. I just wish that Bourque would break his slump and get a point tonight. He's been my favorite player for the past couple years, and he's just having a tough time this year. 10 times better than Samsonov, who was a healthy scratch for the second straight game. :club: 3-1 after 2 periods, let's and finish them off!

That game got really exciting there in the third. Too bad they announced then took away Modano's assist. I'm glad the the Hawks didn't just fold and pack it in when they were down by 1, that shows you something about the team. Now they start a string against Central div. foes. 8 straight, 2 against each team.

Toews still has not failed to register a point in a professional game. He's got to be flirting with the rookie record to start a career (I still don't know what it is), and if he keeps it up, Paul Stastnys rookie point streak record could be in jeopardy.