October Goals  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Net Profit

• 100-500
    • 500-2,000
    • 2,000-5,000
    • 5,000-10,000
    • 10,000+
  2. 2. Game Selection (choose all that apply)

• NLHE Cash
    • Tourneys/Sngs
    • LHE
    • PLO
    • O8 (L, PL, NL)
    • Stud, Stud8, Razz
    • Other
  3. 3. Hands Played

• 1-2,500
    • 2,500-10,000
    • 10,000-20,000
    • 20,000-30,000
    • 30,000-50,000
    • 50,000+
  4. 4. Mtt/Sng Played

• 1-25
    • 25-100
    • 100-300
    • 300-500
    • 500+

As if I hadn't been ****ing up enough lately, I got another goddamn DUI last night. Back off to jail for a month or so. I swear to god, if I wasn't close to my mom, I'd be ****ing suicidal right now. I'm such a piece of shit.
Least jail will keep you from blowing your roll :club:
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well technically i am over the 4k mark after i won my seat into the PCA 650 however i will be playing that tourny. I am juiced about it i hope i run well and play well. I spent about 120 trying to sat. into the 650 so i think that is really great. i should work on satelliting into the sunday mill this week but really not stressing it. apart from my PCA win my br is at 3.6k so 4 buy in of 100NL and i will be jumping back into 200NL. i think i will 4 table with one being 200NL initially try and get a buffer zone of about 500 bucks and then go full time 200NL. i am ready to destroy them. finally got some money of FTP thanks to bdc but he was only willing to transfer 100 bucks so i have been nutbarring the HA 10 dollar buyin. i limp everyhand no exception and play completely post flop. its great to tilt ppl because your so involved and then u hit big and just start pounding out the bets and they call u down with A high or call off all their chips on a draw. so i have 130 there now. probably start playing a little 25NL or something. ppl definately seem to be better on ftp and this is at a 10NL table. i will get aggro and ppl to my left will make adjustment that i will likely see at 100NL but not too much more in lower stakes on PS. so thats kinda lame but whatever. So wish me luck with the PCA seat.and i still want to get more money on ftp so i will trade 1.1:1 on the dollar and i want to get 300 more bucks on ftp. pm me if u want to transfer i will transfer first and u have to be trustworthy and known on this forum with a good reputation. peace... thats a free 30 bucks just for the transfer ok thanks byepeace

So wish me luck with the PCA seat.and i still want to get more money on ftp so i will trade 1.1:1 on the dollar and i want to get 300 more bucks on ftp. pm me if u want to transfer i will transfer first and u have to be trustworthy and known on this forum with a good reputation. peace... thats a free 30 bucks just for the transfer ok thanks bye
congrats I pulled you up yesterday and there were 70 players left and you were 3rd in chips so you must've ended strong as well
congrats I pulled you up yesterday and there were 70 players left and you were 3rd in chips so you must've ended strong as well
TYit was definately close when we got down to 8. everyone was pretty close just by folding both my blinds would take me from 2nd to 5th or 6th. I got damn lucky in that tourny too. I really didnt feel that lucky though cuz it was a turbo and everything was going on so fast. during the rebuy period my JJ held in a four way all in AK v 44 v 99 v JJ. that was a good start and then almost everytime i picked up QQ in the middle stages which was like 3 times i got pushed on by AK and held as well. the worst suck out was when i raised with A9o in mp and bb called flop comes 9T3 two spades he checks i bet thinking he is likely to push with a flush draw and i am willing to gamble so he c/r all in and i insta call and get shown T9 for top two well i have the A of spades and proceed to go runner runner for the flush heh. poker is so easy

October is going swell so far.Hands played: 8,983Money won: $41,780Already passed how I did last month. I half want to keep up the commitment and hours, but I also am tempted to just chill and do nothing for like a week now haha.

So unbelievable disappointed in myself...I was having such a great month..and I had a little correction day and let it get away from me...Still running at 2PTBB/100 at .5/1 shlhe, but now its back to rebuilding. I really need to work on my tilt control...I think from now on if i feel any desire to chase losses that will be the moment that I quit for the day or for that time.

So unbelievable disappointed in myself...I was having such a great month..and I had a little correction day and let it get away from me...Still running at 2PTBB/100 at .5/1 shlhe, but now its back to rebuilding. I really need to work on my tilt control...I think from now on if i feel any desire to chase losses that will be the moment that I quit for the day or for that time.
you hit a big concept that a lot of us don't employ. keep up the good work.

I failed so far aas I was semi bluff raised and told by a female player that eveyone knew they could do that to me; no one wants told off. Also I was thrown out of were I live for gambling? and laughing at a raw Vegas cut(this is no joke) but Im willing to kill so I won't leave. I have to steal computer time I am sneeking this in if they know it was degrading poker I would be in another shouting match.

I failed so far aas I was semi bluff raised and told by a female player that eveyone knew they could do that to me; no one wants told off. Also I was thrown out of were I live for gambling? and laughing at a raw Vegas cut(this is no joke) but Im willing to kill so I won't leave. I have to steal computer time I am sneeking this in if they know it was degrading poker I would be in another shouting match.
Seriously, why even bother posting. The only useful discussion that your posts spark is people either saying you are speaking total rubbish or trying to immitate your amazingly horrible grammar.

I know its mid-october, but figured I'd get this in writing somewhere.1) Play 150 additional SNG's by end of month ($6.50 /18 Turbos on Stars)2) Get bankroll upto 1k ($250 profit off of $975 invested... ~25% ROI, running at about 50% through today..common sense says this is a good run, but just thinking back on hands... I think the SNG's are just that soft?)3) Move up from 6-tabling to 8-tabling.I don't really get much time to play poker since I'm always either in school or working fulltime. It's initially why I started playing cash games for a bit trying out 10NL.. and while I was fairly successful I felt that it became more of a task rather than a hobby and went back to SNG's. That small stint into cash games really helped out my SNG game though, probably because I was playing 6-max 4 tables, which improved my shorthanded play and as a result, my SNG end-game. So nowadays, whenever I have an hour of time where I'm sitting on my computer, I'll just fire up 6 tables right after another, and play what I call a mini-session of poker. Right now its been more of a hobby than anything.. but it would be nice to start making some decent cash for living expenses on the side once I get a decent bankroll. I spend quite a bit of time studying the game and reading strategy when I'm just on my computer talking on MSN, etc., and even though I play the low limits, I feel like I have a fairly genuine understanding of the game.Seems like this was mentioned earlier in this thread: for those who are building a bankroll off the $6 SNG's... is there really much difference to the softness of the games between the /9's, /18's, /45's? And once you move up to the next level (the $12, $16)... is there that much of an increase in skill level?

So, I haven't posted in the goals thread ever.This month, since I'm just starting out truly playing online for the first time, I'm setting reasonable goals for myself in terms of hands and buyins.I want to play as close to 15K hands as I can and hopefully come out about 10-15 buyins ahead of where I started. Right now, since poker hates me, I'm down a little, but I feel that overall I've played well. I'm gonna tweak some things in my game and hopfully the cards will be nicer to me.

did not run well in the 650 on sat. next mission get into a 175 DS and try and get into another 650... after that i dont know if i will continue to pursue a seat.current br at 3.8k just two buy ins from jumping into 200NL again. i am excited. unfortuneately i have about 140 on FTP and like to nutbar on the 10 buy in HA table so i am not playing my normal fr 100NL lol. I will jump back on the 100NL horse on tues and hopefully that will be a good session or thurs wed's session will go well. trying to balance poker with my wife lately so we agreed that the nights that she has class i can play all night which is tues and thurs, and she has a church thing on wed so that works as well. if i get into big tournies for the week end that is when i will play on the weekend, last weekend it was the PCA sat. on saturday. this week i will make an attempt at a sunday mill ticket too. i think i will hit a couple of those 24 dollar sat.s for the daily 100k's see how i do with the big dogs. i think once i get rolling in 200nl i will also start dabbling in 100 6 max. last time that was a real killer to my br during my downswing. i think i just need to calm down a bit and not be so laggy over aggro.peace

was hoping that today would be the day i cross over the 4k mark but the cards had something different in mind. i however did win a sat into the 100 grand so thats coollost two buy ins (200) bucks and about 50 in tourny entries tonight. br at about 3.55k havent played the 100 grand yet so i hope i do well and it will make up fo rthe poor cash session. had to stop playing cash because of my two buy in stop loss... games were juicy though. my head jsut wasnt in it. stacked off with tptk in a b v b battle when an over card came on the turn.... when he called my raise on the flop i knew i was in trouble but i had so many tables going all at once my head was spinning and i jsut said eff it... he had me drawing dead... top set

How come some of the more rewarding sessions are when you barely win any money? I took down 1.5BB today in about 500 hands (was up more at shlhe and down in FR), but with the way the session went, I was pleased with how I played. One good clean session without tilt down..infinite more to go.

I don't know about you but my most rewarding session was where first hand i rivered a king AIPF with kings against aces and promptly left.

put in another bad session... making very poor plays just didnt work out...made a play on a guy i knew was likely to call cuz probably 10 hands before i raised kk he rr i call to see no A and plan on c/r all in just so i dont announce KK or AA preflop and maybe his QQ or JJ calls or whatever, well flop is safe i c/r all in... he calls he has KK so i know he will stack off with an over pair... next hand i raise w/ 66 he rr but small i smell AA call hoping a 6 comes, i flop a gut shot so i got 4 outs plus 2 including my set value... i c/r all in... new it wasnt going to likely win but ... i wanted to gamble. started running good again after that got to just stuck a quarter buy in... then the wheels just fell off, LAGgy dude ended up taking me for a good sized pot.. several times, i knew he would pay me off so i was playing pots with him, then a couple hands where ppl made pretty funky plays that cost me quite a bit of money...br at 3.3k gotta climb that hill again...