Bkice 1/4 In Sunday Mulligan On Ftp

what im implying is that it seems to take having been there and had it happen to you to support what he ha said in this thread
i agree with this. if you havent been there its almost impossible to understand. from an outsiders prospective its easy to say "man, you won 11k be happy" but until youve been there and LOST the oppurtunity at another 30k or whatever, its hard to understand
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is 8, right?

Is that French for "tilt"?

Dude really? Life tilt? grow up

Weeee I <3 threads that waste time at work! TYTYTY all who were involved!Congrats Andy...I really don't have much to add to this whole debate that hasn't been said by one of the parties involved. I can see how people would be annoyed with BK's comments, and I'm sure BK realizes that 'life tilt' was a little extreme. On the other hand, if I would have come in...let's say 10th in the WCOOP 1k for 17k...when first place is 580k+, I would have been seriously upset today, regardless if I consider 17k a nice score or not. Even if I would have come in 7th (like Kenny Rap did) for 67k or whatever, I would have been disappointed, and that would be my 2nd biggest score ever. It's just a matter of a player's mentality. BK has won enough money at this point where 12k just isn't enough to satisfy him, nor should it if he wants to be the best.Also consider this - I spent probably 5k or so this week on buy ins, and I'd say I'd don't play 1/3 the volume Andy does. 12k sounds great and all, and he has had a great week (gfy andy :club: ), but all it takes is a bad month or two and the negative number starts piling up.Finally, I think jealousy is a part of any negativity towards BK, intentional or not. It's the nature of tournament poker to be jealous/envious of your peers, because more often then not, when someone else did well you did not. It's rare if both a friend of mine and I have big scores on the same day, so usually you can't help but be a bit envious of someone who just won a ton of money, and you are stuck for the day. So I can honestly say I'm jealous of BK for his past week, and I consider him a good friend. I always wish my friends the best of luck, I'm happy for them when they do well, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't wish it was me instead.

Don't mean to be a nerd, here. But this is actually all goes back to simple psychology. The fact that your mindset adapts to your surroundings. 2-3 years ago Bkice might've been very happy to get a $10k+ score, but now that he's moved up he's very disappointed because his surroundings have changed. He used to not be good at poker at one point and I'm sure $10k was a LOT of money for him being a college kid, but now it's not.For example: Studies show that if you are dating a girl you intend to marry and if she were to break up with you, you would expect to be less happy a month after that fact than you were while you were dating her, right? In fact, in a survey, 95%+ of people say "Yes" they would be less happy a month after the fact. But when they do studies that survey people before they breakup and 1 month after, their happiness level remains the same. 95%+ of people rate themselves rate themselves the same on their 1 to 10 rating of happiness and thusly you adapt to your new mindset and what your idea of happy means.Basic psychology says that if all of you were playing at BKiCe's levels with similar success, you would be equally disappointed as he was. If you want to try and go against proven psychology, be my guest./game over

Weeee I <3 threads that waste time at work! TYTYTY all who were involved!Congrats Andy...I really don't have much to add to this whole debate that hasn't been said by one of the parties involved. I can see how people would be annoyed with BK's comments, and I'm sure BK realizes that 'life tilt' was a little extreme. On the other hand, if I would have come in...let's say 10th in the WCOOP 1k for 17k...when first place is 580k+, I would have been seriously upset today, regardless if I consider 17k a nice score or not. Even if I would have come in 7th (like Kenny Rap did) for 67k or whatever, I would have been disappointed, and that would be my 2nd biggest score ever. It's just a matter of a player's mentality. BK has won enough money at this point where 12k just isn't enough to satisfy him, nor should it if he wants to be the best.Also consider this - I spent probably 5k or so this week on buy ins, and I'd say I'd don't play 1/3 the volume Andy does. 12k sounds great and all, and he has had a great week (gfy andy :club: ), but all it takes is a bad month or two and the negative number starts piling up.Finally, I think jealousy is a part of any negativity towards BK, intentional or not. It's the nature of tournament poker to be jealous/envious of your peers, because more often then not, when someone else did well you did not. It's rare if both a friend of mine and I have big scores on the same day, so usually you can't help but be a bit envious of someone who just won a ton of money, and you are stuck for the day. So I can honestly say I'm jealous of BK for his past week, and I consider him a good friend. I always wish my friends the best of luck, I'm happy for them when they do well, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't wish it was me instead.
ty/ggpmj's reply here sums up what weve been arguing about for the last 11 pages./thread

Regarding this jealousy that gets thrown around. Jealous of 12K? Seriously? Maybe jealous when Grinder took down the 57K but 12K? Get real.Plus lol at people continually missing points. I love fcp. gogogo fcp

Finally, I think jealousy is a part of any negativity towards BK, intentional or not. It's the nature of tournament poker to be jealous/envious of your peers, because more often then not, when someone else did well you did not. It's rare if both a friend of mine and I have big scores on the same day, so usually you can't help but be a bit envious of someone who just won a ton of money, and you are stuck for the day. So I can honestly say I'm jealous of BK for his past week, and I consider him a good friend. I always wish my friends the best of luck, I'm happy for them when they do well, but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't wish it was me instead.
That's pretty much what I wanted to say, and I'm glad you said it.
Your post was nowhere near as clever as you think. Spouting off Psych 101 level analysis doesn't mean / anything.
It is a 101 level analysis, yet most people on this forum can't seem to comprehend it. It's really dumbfounding. I'm really questioning whether most people on this forum have a higher level education of some sort.
<3 PMJOh and "life tilt" is having Tuan Le on your left at the Cali St. Poker Champs ME.....jhvabkjlbkjfslgu9ghfbhihbfknvbnmvbhaliughiuaeh
It is a 101 level analysis, yet most people on this forum can't seem to comprehend it. It's really dumbfounding. I'm really questioning whether most people on this forum have a higher level education of some sort.
Nope.Too easy.
I'd say it's a mix, but even a higher level of education doesn't help in some cases. Many cases. Ok, most cases.
<3 PMJOh and "life tilt" is having Tuan Le on your left at the Cali St. Poker Champs ME.....jhvabkjlbkjfslgu9ghfbhihbfknvbnmvbhaliughiuaeh
Meh, I was going to PM you and ask how it went, structure, turn out etc. Tuan Le on your left would be very bad, esp if he didn't have anyone on his left keeping him in check. :club:
However, DePodesta>Colletti? I think the Dodgers would be winning the west if so.
:(People were so quick to dump on DePo but he and Dan Evans are the people responsible for the depth of young players they have now. I don't trust anything that comes from the Giants organization until proven not to be a loser (see Jason Schmidt), so I wasn't overly happy with Colletti...Blah, I was trying to pretend that the rest of the baseball season got cancelled, you just put me on tilt Andre. :club: On a side note, I really shouldn't watch the Niners play a game I knew they were going to lose before playing on Sundays either.
Meh, I was going to PM you and ask how it went, structure, turn out etc. Tuan Le on your left would be very bad, esp if he didn't have anyone on his left keeping him in check. :club:
Structure= Great...5k chips...1hr level...25/50 to start...Turn out= Goot...over 200 runners...Besides Tuan, saw Nam Le, Men and crew, Can Kim Hua, David Baker (who was on my left before Tuan), Eskimo (who wore SAME FRIGGEN OUTFIT FOR THE WHOLE WEEK I WAS THERE), and the Schneider dude who had 2 WSOP wins.Ummm...let's see who was keeping Tuan in check....oh yeah...NOBODY!!! I was the only one who would even play pots w/ him. Guy on his left was calling station monkey who practically peed down his leg when Tuan sat.Tuan felted me when his QQ>AK...go figure. He held over me SOOOOOO BAD. I raise AQ...he flatty's...I float flop...flatty's...I give up on turn and show him...he flashes 10's...folds to me in sb...I show him 3h5h and tell him I'm not gonn try and outplay u here....he flips JJ...etc. etc...meh
You typed all that out so you could brag?
ty/ggpmj's reply here sums up what weve been arguing about for the last 11 pages./thread
40/page. Learn it. Love it.
Structure= Great...5k chips...1hr level...25/50 to start...Eskimo (who wore SAME FRIGGEN OUTFIT FOR THE WHOLE WEEK I WAS THERE
LOL, did you sit with him at all? Not the most pleasant aroma. Seems like a nice guy, but he isn't exactly the poster boy for poker professionals...well, in actuality he was probably a great example of what most tournament pros were like pre-poker boom.