• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Here we go...Another roller coaster evening in the Serge household...Unfortunately with the late start my son wont be able to catch any of the game..GO LEAFS GO

Good start...I think we got the A team going tonight...Lets hope..Leafs are wearing their home uniforms for some reason....

Zach,I watched the game unlike the previous Slurpee Machine washers...They started off great and had a chance to put Dallas away with some Power plays...Including a 5-3...but didnt happen...One bad giveaway and boom....Dallas just shutdown them down the rest of the game with their boring style

Eh, I didn't watch all of it, but from what I saw, there's no way they played an awful game, right?
They played Ok...they generated almost nothing offensively, Turco didn't have to make a single big save the entire game. If fans want to get excited in losing a boring no chance 2-1 game on the road against a 500 team then they are welcome to do so.

You know what I don't like about the Leafs? I live in Victoria, and have lived in Vancouver. No one here likes the Leafs. Sure, there are a few fans around, but in general people like one Canadian team as much as the next. The problem I have is when the Leafs (sporting a crappy team like this year) have their games televised on CBC against crappy teams like the Coyotes, when instead a great match up like the Sens - Flyers doesn't get shown over here unless you get the alternate feed. CBC is a national network, not the Leafs channel.

You know what I don't like about the Leafs? I live in Victoria, and have lived in Vancouver. No one here likes the Leafs. Sure, there are a few fans around, but in general people like one Canadian team as much as the next. The problem I have is when the Leafs (sporting a crappy team like this year) have their games televised on CBC against crappy teams like the Coyotes, when instead a great match up like the Sens - Flyers doesn't get shown over here unless you get the alternate feed. CBC is a national network, not the Leafs channel.
Then your beef should be with CBC, not the leafs organization.

The bottom line is the Leafs draw better ratings...Do you think CBC would have the Leafs on if Ottawa drew better ratings??I am positive that its not even close...The game between the Habs and the Leafs in the regular season will draw more than most of the Stanley Cup Finals..This is a fact...From Victoria to Halifax people want to watch the Leafs, if they didnt CBC wouldnt show them..

The bottom line is the Leafs draw better ratings...Do you think CBC would have the Leafs on if Ottawa drew better ratings??I am positive that its not even close...The game between the Habs and the Leafs in the regular season will draw more than most of the Stanley Cup Finals..This is a fact...From Victoria to Halifax people want to watch the Leafs, if they didnt CBC wouldnt show them..
FACT - You can't know if the Sens will draw unless you give them a string of national games.FACT - The HABS do draw.FACT - On a national level, this mediocre Leafs team vs the Coyotes will not have more interest than a powerhouse Senators team vs the Flyers.My tax money pays for this channel. I respect and appreciate CBC and HNIC, but when the Leafs are stinking and are playing against a bottom feeder, I want to see another game. HNIC is almost always a must watch, but for the first game tonight I have made different plans.
Have to agree on this. More people in Canada would rather watch the Leafs vs Coyotes than Ottawa vs Philly. I am of course am not 1 of them. CBC is supposed to show the games that give them the most ratings not the ones with the best teams.At least now when I watch it in the background of our card game tonight I will have something to post tomorrow in this thread.

I find it funny that this 2007/08 Leafs thread is 200 posts behind the Penguins thread when the Penguins thread was started a full year earlier. This is exactly why CBC shows the leafs. Love them or hate them everyone is interested in the Leafs. That and Serge has 60% of the posts in this thread.

You can watch any of the games online, apparently.Also, I find it interesting that they have the west coast crew calling the Leafs game here.
It's the West Coast. Come on out have a few drinks a couple of laughs.Toronto plays in LA on January 12th. Their last three visits to LA.November 13th 2003March 12th 1998December 18th 1997One reason I hate the Leafs is because the get what ever they want and the NHL gives it to them.
from rotoworld:Jiri Tlusty-W- Maple Leafs Nov. 24 - 7:13 pm et Jiri Tlusty did not dress on Saturday.Uh...He was a healthy scratch.
Apparently he had more photos to upload.

We were out at a restaurant and saw the first period...I am obviously not happy with this situation...There is no way to spin this anymore...I am humbled and most of you MAY be right....Something has to be done and I will support whatever happens...I see the following scenarios..A)Major move will come down very soon where JFJ and Paul Maurice are both fired and we bring in new blood..B)A small move is made to shake up the team, maybe a few callups, benching of veterans, a minor trade...Something to change the mediocrity.I know you outsiders(non leaf fans) see this and are happy and laughing...However this is so painful for me right now...I love this team , and they mean everything to me after my wife and son...Thats how involved I am with this team..Its so hard to be a Leafs fan right now, however I believe that as long as they put a team on the ice I will support them 100%...It feels very lonely on the Leafs bandwagon this evening..What a difference a week makes..Last weekend we were flying high after the Ottawa win..Go ahead and make fun of me...I am being honest here and not much else I can say...

We were out at a restaurant and saw the first period...I am obviously not happy with this situation...There is no way to spin this anymore...I am humbled and most of you MAY be right....Something has to be done and I will support whatever happens...I see the following scenarios..A)Major move will come down very soon where JFJ and Paul Maurice are both fired and we bring in new blood..B)A small move is made to shake up the team, maybe a few callups, benching of veterans, a minor trade...Something to change the mediocrity.I know you outsiders(non leaf fans) see this and are happy and laughing...However this is so painful for me right now...I love this team , and they mean everything to me after my wife and son...Thats how involved I am with this team..Its so hard to be a Leafs fan right now, however I believe that as long as they put a team on the ice I will support them 100%...It feels very lonely on the Leafs bandwagon this evening..What a difference a week makes..Last weekend we were flying high after the Ottawa win..Go ahead and make fun of me...I am being honest here and not much else I can say...
I think JFJ will be fired. I don't think they should fire Maurice.