Dn Playing Some 100/200 Nl

Daniel, you say that most of these internet guys aren't as good as you thought, could it be that they are really good and you are better? I mean you are one of if not the best player of your generation, and you've been playing for most of your life. Good luck on PS Daniel.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoosier for President.
Should be interesting to see what happens if DN continues to play 100/200nl and higher. Its pretty hard for anyone to be handicapping a high-stakes hu matchup unless you are actually playing or railing with the ability to see the holecards. If ADZ won 40k everyone would be saying what a doink DN is, and if DN won a couple buyins people would tout him as having "crushed" ADZ. In reality a short heads up session means very little.This is just my humble opinion, but I feel like DN will be a slight dog in these high-stakes NLHE games. My opinion has nothing to do with the internet/live superiority complex(which does exist for many players). The players who are winners at 100/200nl and above came up through the ranks focusing solely on one thing: NLHE cash games. I think even DN would admit that most of the guys playing nosebleed nlhe have more experience than him playing nlhe cash games. Also, one of Daniel's largest strengths is being able to read people and pick up physical tells. Online this edge is negated, and he will have to learn to pick up new online tells and nuances that all of the top players already have mastered. Finally, the player base at nosebleed NLHE is very very small. All of the long-term winners have played extensively with most anyone that sits in the 100/200nl+ box. They know their opponents styles and tendencies; DN is basically going in blind without much prior knowledge.I really hope Daniel continues to play and doesn't give up at first if he loses a few buy-ins because I imagine it might be rough sailing at first. If he sticks it out for a while who knows what can happen.edit: I wouldn't be suprised in the least if DN won half a million in the next week or so, he is obviously never a big dog in any poker game he sits in. I just think at the moment he is playing at a slight disadvantage. (although in this current 3 handed game on Stars Im pretty sure he is a fav)
Daniel, you say that most of these internet guys aren't as good as you thought, could it be that they are really good and you are better? I mean you are one of if not the best players ever and you've been playing for most of your life.
FYP

I know there are levels of thinking beyond my comprehension going on in this hand but it seems like a lot of value was missed.PokerStars Game #11984522636: Hold'em No Limit ($100/$200) - 2007/09/10 - 18:05:40 (ET)Table 'Kayala' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 4: OnTheRize ($14173 in chips) Seat 5: KidPoker ($21172 in chips) Seat 6: ktrieu ($24886 in chips) Seat 7: $tinger 88 ($26390 in chips) OnTheRize: posts small blind $100KidPoker: posts big blind $200*** HOLE CARDS ***ktrieu: raises $400 to $600$tinger 88: folds OnTheRize: folds KidPoker: calls $400*** FLOP *** [8d 3h 9c]KidPoker: checks ktrieu: bets $1000KidPoker: calls $1000*** TURN *** [8d 3h 9c] [Ac]KidPoker: checks ktrieu: checks *** RIVER *** [8d 3h 9c Ac] [9d]KidPoker: checks ktrieu: bets $2200KidPoker: calls $2200*** SHOW DOWN ***ktrieu: shows [Js Jh] (two pair, Jacks and Nines)KidPoker: shows [Kh Ks] (two pair, Kings and Nines)KidPoker collected $7695 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $7700 | Rake $5 Board [8d 3h 9c Ac 9d]Seat 4: OnTheRize (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: KidPoker (big blind) showed [Kh Ks] and won ($7695) with two pair, Kings and NinesSeat 6: ktrieu showed [Js Jh] and lost with two pair, Jacks and NinesSeat 7: $tinger 88 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

interesting handPokerStars Game #11984577193: Hold'em No Limit ($100/$200) - 2007/09/10 - 18:08:38 (ET)Table 'Kayala' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 4: OnTheRize ($13473 in chips) Seat 5: KidPoker ($25362 in chips) Seat 6: ktrieu ($20486 in chips) Seat 7: $tinger 88 ($27290 in chips) OnTheRize: posts small blind $100KidPoker: posts big blind $200*** HOLE CARDS ***ktrieu: folds $tinger 88: raises $500 to $700OnTheRize: folds KidPoker: calls $500*** FLOP *** [3c 9d 9c]KidPoker: checks $tinger 88: bets $1200KidPoker: calls $1200*** TURN *** [3c 9d 9c] [Td]KidPoker: checks $tinger 88: bets $3400KidPoker: calls $3400*** RIVER *** [3c 9d 9c Td] [Ad]KidPoker: bets $6000$tinger 88: folds KidPoker collected $10695 from potKidPoker: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot $10700 | Rake $5 Board [3c 9d 9c Td Ad]Seat 4: OnTheRize (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: KidPoker (big blind) collected ($10695)Seat 6: ktrieu folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: $tinger 88 (button) folded on the River

Pretty standard when the ace hits the turn, IMO. No sense in betting the turn or raising the river.
I assume he means no re-raise pf or on the flop, but it looks like DN played it to move on the turn, and with that A he obv couldn't.

There is a lot of hype surrounding the online players and I think I may have bought into it a little bit myself. A lot of them are excellent players I'm sure, but I genuinely believe after talking to several, and playing with them from time to time, that there is stuff I know that most of them don't. Compared to playing live poker, I absolutely suck online. Having said that, I believe I'd easily be a winning online player playing 100-200 NL. My "horrible" online play is still better than most, especially heads up. Oh and Bob? My worst game is NOT limit hold'em! Are you insane? Just because you used to call me down with Ace hi and win all the time doesn't mean I suck. I lost to Patrick in a realitively small sample playing limit hold'em because A) he was very good, B) he was more comfortable online, and C) He ran insanely lucky! I've never lost money online playing NLH. Actually, the only real money I've lost online has been in PLO and limit hold'em vs a great player in Patrick Antonius. This 100-200 NL game, from what I've seen, isn't very tough at all. As for my perception of ADZ, I played 250 hands vs him and his strategy heads up vs me was horrendous. Maybe he is good and doesn't match up well with me, or maybe he was "feeling me out," but either way, if he plays that way against on a regular basis without completely changing his approach he has no chance whatsoever.

Stinger has been a consistent winner for a while.And now you get to see quite perhaps the biggest problem with online nlhe or PLO: THE SHORTSTACKERSMaybe DN will get so frustrated with the shortstackers he will have Stars increase the min-buyin on nl and pl tables,,,Please : )

Hi Daniel this is the first time ever to say whats upand let you know that i really enjoy everything you do for poker. Oh yeah I hope some day I get the chance to play against the best.Anyways i am usually on the rail so GLBigSlickTJ

Now I can honestly say that I'm not comfortable in this game. I prefer playing short handed online as I can focus on my opponents better. Too many players at the table and a slower pace hurts my game big time. I'll likely quit soon.
Don't worry..most of them will leave once they double.
Oh and Bob? My worst game is NOT limit hold'em! Are you insane? Just because you used to call me down with Ace hi and win all the time doesn't mean I suck. I lost to Patrick in a realitively small sample playing limit hold'em because A) he was very good, B) he was more comfortable online, and C) He ran insanely lucky!
Okay, what I should have said is that Limit Holdem isn't your best game and that you play Omaha 8, Stud 8, Triple Draw, NL Holdem and PL Holdem better :club: You still remember those calls I see B) PS: Balloon Guy was Antonius' coach and he taught him what the lucky cards were going to be.

$tinger 88: daniel, adz said to tell u that he read ur post about him on fcpKidPoker: ok coolKidPoker: is his chat banned?$tinger 88: yeah$tinger 88: from him:KidPoker: I hear he is good, but he doesn't match up well against me$tinger 88: dammit i cant copy/paste$tinger 88: lol$tinger 88: "i never knew he could play for 30 mins and leave and then call someone bad who hes never played b4"KidPoker: its a style thing mostlyKidPoker: played 250 hands actually$tinger 88: and "ask him if he wants to play 4 200/400 hu tables all at once"JohnSmiley1: the king of talking smack is gonna cry about something daniel saidJohnSmiley1: what happened to the jman matchJohnSmiley1: lmao$tinger 88: ok done quotingKidPoker: lol tell him I couldnt play two games, I suck$tinger 88: he can read ur chat heh$tinger 88: just cant talk himselfKidPoker: i get too confused playing more than oneKidPoker: why was his chat banned?$tinger 88: he said its his 3rd or 4th chatbanKidPoker: now this is a game where I'm CERTAIN I'm an underdog inKidPoker: does he talk a lot of smack or something?

ahhhhhhh...Adz is exhibiting that young internet player bravado that I find oh so annoying.Edit: And it looks like everyone finally noticed DN's playing. full table + a 60 person waiting list now. HAHA.