Dn Playing Some 100/200 Nl

Can anyone with a tiny bit of civility explain to my why that every time DN posts something, people need to get in the middle of the discussion and berate each other like a pack of starving wolves? Just one time, can't ya'll take the backbacking male pissing hormones to another place and let us read in peace?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone with a tiny bit of civility explain to my why that every time DN posts something, people need to get in the middle of the discussion and berate each other like a pack of starving wolves? Just one time, can't ya'll take the backbacking male pissing hormones to another place and let us read in peace?
I agree. DN and I were having a very civil conversation until the vultures came in.
No, its more like saying a football team is the greatest ever because they are up on a another top team 7-0 in the first 4 minutes of the game.
Stop.This hurts.Painful memories.(Pot Odds RAC - BA from University of Michigan)
I must be losing my sensibilities - I didn't feel that I was being the least bit offensive until someone insulted me and called me a nuthugger because I happened to disagree with him. These guys just go on the personal offensive whenever someone has the gall to disagree with them. Sincerely sorry if I offended you in the process.
I must be losing my sensibilities - I didn't feel that I was being the least bit offensive until someone insulted me and called me a nuthugger because I happened to disagree with him.
I called you a nuthugger because at no time did you try and defend your statement with facts, just that DN plays "world championship poker".
Who let you out of the cage?borat_narrowweb__300x367,0.jpg

Okay, here's how I see it.ADZ has shown himself to be a big winning online NL player. He's also very young with a massive ego based on some of the things he's done online and things that I've heard from somebody who played with him at Tourning Stone where he won (chopped) the main event. A massive ego doesn't have to be a bad thing for a heads up poker player.Daniel hasn't faired that well in the past online. Mainly in my opinion to a lack of focus when playing. Remember that I've railed him an awful lot when's he's played.There is no question that Daniel is a better short handed and heads up player then he is a full table player. If Daniel focuses and plays one table at a time heads up or short handed he can compete with the "internet pros". People forget how early in Daniel's tournament career he had something like 10 tournament wins before he got his first second place finish. The reason for that is he plays heads up very well. Also, limit holdem is probably Daniel's worst game if you want to bring up the losses to Antonius in the past.Where Daniel might get in trouble is trying to multi-table games or playing in fuller table games, especially limit hold em.

Okay, here's how I see it.ADZ has shown himself to be a big winning online NL player. He's also very young with a massive ego based on some of the things he's done online and things that I've heard from somebody who played with him at Tourning Stone where he won (chopped) the main event. A massive ego doesn't have to be a bad thing for a heads up poker player.Daniel hasn't faired that well in past online. Mainly in my opinion to a lack of focus when playing. Remember that I've railed him an awful lot when's he's played.There is no question that Daniel is a better short handed and heads up player then he is a full table player. If Daniel focuses and plays one table at a time heads up or short handed he can compete with the "internet pros". People forget how early in Daniel's tournament career he had something like 10 tournament wins before he got his first second place finish. The reason for that is he plays heads up very well. Also, limit holdem is probably Daniel's worst game if you want to bring up the losses to Antonius in the past.Where Daniel might get in trouble is trying to multi-table games or playing in fuller table games, especially limit hold em.
Nuthugger.
Okay, here's how I see it.If Daniel focuses and plays one table at a time heads up or short handed he can compete with the "internet pros".
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but, to 'compete' and to have a significant advantage are two wildly different things. He might beat some, might lose to some.. DN's obv a very good poker player. I think also, though, that since a lot of these guys are winning, and not just competing, on 2, 3, 4, up to 7 and 8 tables, shows the caliber of player they are.
Nuthugger.
I see what you did there..I see that you also fail to realize the vast difference in your posts versus Bob's.

>>Who let you out of the cage?<<Here's my beef......ya'll ain't gonna care but since this seems to be the day to let it all hang out, I'm telling my story anyway! I joined FCP because I am a DN fan! Saw him on TV a year or so ago and was amazed by his ability to call out his opponents cards almost perfectly. Got to reading about him on here and other places and I just generally like the guy. Started reading here on General and actually started enjoying some of you folks as well. I ain't asking for nut huggin luv, just a little respect. I'm not easily offended so don't worry bout that. But I do enjoy reading Daniel's posts and sometimes (like today) understand why he doesn't spend more time interacting on this website. It's a shame really....what could have been a really constructive discussion got an overload of male hormones and it appears Daniel went on to do something else this evening.

>>Who let you out of the cage?<<Here's my beef......ya'll ain't gonna care but since this seems to be the day to let it all hang out, I'm telling my story anyway! I joined FCP because I am a DN fan! Saw him on TV a year or so ago and was amazed by his ability to call out his opponents cards almost perfectly. Got to reading about him on here and other places and I just generally like the guy. Started reading here on General and actually started enjoying some of you folks as well. I ain't asking for nut huggin luv, just a little respect. I'm not easily offended so don't worry bout that. But I do enjoy reading Daniel's posts and sometimes (like today) understand why he doesn't spend more time interacting on this website. It's a shame really....what could have been a really constructive discussion got an overload of male hormones and it appears Daniel went on to do something else this evening.
Me just keeding :-(...I actually tend to agree with you, which was why I was trying to diffuse the acrimony...
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but, to 'compete' and to have a significant advantage are two wildly different things. He might beat some, might lose to some.. DN's obv a very good poker player. I think also, though, that since a lot of these guys are winning, and not just competing, on 2, 3, 4, up to 7 and 8 tables, shows the caliber of player they are.
By compete I mean be a winning player overall in those games.Some players will have an edge on him and he'll have an edge on some others. To have a significant advantage either way is probably going to be a stretch.There's an arrogance of youth involved in the online vs live player debate. Some of the "kids" seem to think that they've invented a new game and that anybody who started playing poker live can't be as good as them and there used to be the same attitude when it came to "internet" players playing live. Last week when Daniel won the 10K heads up tourney at Stars they were saying at 2+2 that Daniel probably didn't realize how large an underdog he was to genius who was his first opponent. In a heads up tourney situation to say that Daniel is a massive underdog to anybody is just stupid.I think any top online player with a normal adjustment period is going to be successful in live games and tournaments and a player like Daniel will adjust to online play if he takes it seriously and focuses. If Daniel doesn't take it seriously and doesn't focus he won't be a winner online.Edit: When I talk about the arrogant kids I'm mostly talking about a lot of the railers and "fans" of the online players and not most of the top online players themselves.
Edit: When I talk about the arrogant kids I'm mostly talking about a lot of the railers and "fans" of the online players and not most of the top online players themselves.
Card me. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase card me. I ain't been carded in like 30 years! :club:
Also, limit holdem is probably Daniel's worst game if you want to bring up the losses to Antonius in the past.
Wasn't his first bracelet in LHE? Judging from his writing about the big game I always thought PLO was the game he was the biggest dog in, and LHE was one of his stronger games behind Stud8 and Omaha8.
To think that Daniel stopped posting because of the prevailing attitude of this thread is silly. He really never spends that much time here. Thus, his 'Player Profiles' and 'Quizzes' and 'Hand of The Day' have all fallen by the way side. Though, during Hockey season, he crushes the hockey forum.
By compete I mean be a winning player overall in those games.Some players will have an edge on him and he'll have an edge on some others. To have a significant advantage either way is probably going to be a stretch.There's an arrogance of youth involved in the online vs live player debate. Some of the "kids" seem to think that they've invented a new game and that anybody who started playing poker live can't be as good as them and there used to be the same attitude when it came to "internet" players playing live. Last week when Daniel won the 10K heads up tourney at Stars they were saying at 2+2 that Daniel probably didn't realize how large an underdog he was to genius who was his first opponent. In a heads up tourney situation to say that Daniel is a massive underdog to anybody is just stupid.I think any top online player with a normal adjustment period is going to be successful in live games and tournaments and a player like Daniel will adjust to online play if he takes it seriously and focuses. If Daniel doesn't take it seriously and doesn't focus he won't be a winner online.Edit: When I talk about the arrogant kids I'm mostly talking about a lot of the railers and "fans" of the online players and not most of the top online players themselves.
It's like I said, things usually aren't nearly as extreme as one might be led to believe. Daniel's not as big of a favorite in this scenario as he thinks he is, but, he's not nearly as big of a dog in most of the situations as the average 2+2er might have you think. Regarding the high stakes showdown; to call anyone a huge underdog in a HU SNG is silly.Realistically though, I don't see DN being a winner at the 100/200 NL+ levels unless he's exercising awesome table selection. ADZ is good, very good, but, he's not top 5 on Poker Stars.
To think that Daniel stopped posting because of the prevailing attitude of this thread is silly. He really never spends that much time here. Thus, his 'Player Profiles' and 'Quizzes' and 'Hand of The Day' have all fallen by the way side. Though, during Hockey season, he crushes the hockey forum.It's like I said, things usually aren't nearly as extreme as one might be led to believe. Daniel's not as big of a favorite in this scenario as he thinks he is, but, he's not nearly as big of a dog in most of the situations as the average 2+2er might have you think. Regarding the high stakes showdown; to call anyone a huge underdog in a HU SNG is silly.Realistically though, I don't see DN being a winner at the 100/200 NL+ levels unless he's exercising awesome table selection. ADZ is good, very good, but, he's not top 5 on Poker Stars.
Humor us and fill in the list:1. DN2.3.4.5.

**To think that Daniel stopped posting because of the prevailing attitude of this thread is silly. He really never spends that much time here.**Not JUST this thread. Pretty much any thread he steps into. And I can't say as I blame him about not showing up more often. But anyway........carry on. I'm just saying that if I were him and the conversation went the way it did as usual, I probably wouldn't spend much time posting here either. Not much point to it.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
Cool for DN to play some online poker on this Monday morning...another day at work...what net +8K from the last HH heads up ? And 4-tabling ?