• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not as much as i am i assure you.I was watching a NFL show on British TV yesterday and they were talking about people accusing the Colt of running up the score, how the hell can you accuse someone of scoring points in a football game????Isn't that the whole point of the game???

Not as much as i am i assure you.I was watching a NFL show on British TV yesterday and they were talking about people accusing the Colt of running up the score, how the hell can you accuse someone of scoring points in a football game????Isn't that the whole point of the game???
They were doing that on the Pats about the Redskins game... because... well... they were running up the score. After it's clear you win the game keeping in your starters and passing the ball is -EV.But I guess that's what happens when the Skins went for it on 4th down in easy field goal range...

Well i get that, but how can other team 'accuse' them of doing it? It's not like they're breaking any laws or inconveniecing anyone.

no one has accused them except for the media about running up the score (as far as I have read/heard)but to be blunt, these are professional athletes - it's not like this is a high school or college game where a Division 1 team is playing a Division 3 team...grow the **** up, your team sucks. This would be like having the mercy rule in MLB.

Someone from the Patriots had a great line about them running up the score. Possibly paraphrased:"Coach doesn't send the offense out there to punt."

The last two weeks, I've given 16 winners and 8 losers! Here are the guaranteed 12 games, Naismith style!San Francisco + 3.5Cinci -1Seattle +1New England -5San Diego + Atlanta/SF OVER teaseRavens + NE/Indy OVER teaseDallas -3.5Dallas/Philly OVER 46San Diego -6.5SD/Minny OVER 41Carolina +4KC/GB OVER 37

They were doing that on the Pats about the Redskins game... because... well... they were running up the score. After it's clear you win the game keeping in your starters and passing the ball is -EV.
Points are still a tie-breaker for the play-offs, right?

Just finished an 11 hour session. At deepest, I think I was stuck ~$3k. I'm not sure of the final tally, but my guess is that it's -$1.5k or so.Edit: I have some major BO action going on.

Points are still a tie-breaker for the play-offs, right?
It's so low teir on the tiebreaker list it doesn't matter.This is the Pats, they're getting in the playoffs.They play the Colts HU, which are like the only team they have to worry about home field from, and that's the first tie break.After that it would be W/L against common opponents etc etc.It wasn't a poor move to stay aggressive on offense. It was a poor move to keep the starters in. Also it's a poor investment strategy in case Brady goes down later. Backups need game exp too.To preserve a shutout I can see keeping the defensive starters in... but that's it basically. Belichick must have Brady on his fantasy team.
http://www.donkeytest.com/report.html?uid=...-330-1194161441Oddly, while my overall score hasn't changed much since I took this a year ago, my play with big pairs (which used to be a weakness) has improved greatly and my play with small pairs (a real strength, IMO) has dropped significantly.EDIT: Just found my old score. Turns out, my overall score has changed more than I remembered. I feel like I took it another time and got a different score, but I couldn't find another score on any of my 200 e-mail addresses. And yes, my name was changed to protect the innocent (me).http://donkeytest.com/report.html?uid=6d65...&score=true

So playing 3/6 NL last night, this hand came up (I mis-click re-raised PF)...Bodog 3/6 NLHE (9-handed)Cobalt is SB w/ 9 :D 7 :D.Pre-flop:UTG calls, UTG+1 raises to $12, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, Cobalt re-raises to $18, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 re-re-raises to $24, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Cobalt calls, BB calls, UTG callsFlop ($144): 8 :D 8 :club: 7 :) (6 players)Cobalt checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $6, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Cobalt calls, UTG callsTurn ($180): 5 :) (6 players)Cobalt checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $6, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Button calls, Cobalt calls, 1 fold, UTG raises to $32, 2 folds, Button calls, Cobalt callsRiver ($294): K :D (3 players)Cobalt checks, UTG bets $35, 1 fold, Cobalt calls

WAS @ NYJ 1:00 PM SF @ ATL 1:00 PM ARI @ TB 1:00 PM GB @ KC 1:00 PM CIN @ BUF 1:00 PM SD @ MIN 1:00 PM DEN @ DET 1:00 PM CAR @ TEN 1:00 PM JAC @ NO 1:00 PM SEA @ CLE 4:05 PM HOU @ OAK 4:15 PM NE @ IND 4:15 PM DAL @ PHI 8:15 PM BAL @ PIT 8:30 PM 31 points

WAS @ NYJ 1:00 PM SF @ ATL 1:00 PM ARI @ TB 1:00 PM GB @ KC 1:00 PM CIN @ BUF 1:00 PM SD @ MIN 1:00 PM DEN @ DET 1:00 PM CAR @ TEN 1:00 PM JAC @ NO 1:00 PM SEA @ CLE 4:05 PM HOU @ OAK 4:15 PM NE @ IND 4:15 PM DAL @ PHI 8:15 PM BAL @ PIT 8:30 PM 37 pointsSan Francisco + 3.5Cinci -1Seattle +1New England -5San Diego + Atlanta/SF OVER teaseRavens + NE/Indy OVER teaseDallas -3.5Dallas/Philly OVER 46San Diego -6.5SD/Minny OVER 41Carolina +4KC/GB OVER 37

WOW what a game, thanks for the "they will win by two touchdowns" almost jinxed our ass. Alright I will be paying up tomorrow.mtn you have to be getting more worried we will go 19-0

WOW what a game, thanks for the "they will win by two touchdowns" almost jinxed our ass. Alright I will be paying up tomorrow.mtn you have to be getting more worried we will go 19-0
Have to admit, the road looks EXTREMELY easy for the Pats from now until playoff time. Ooooops, wait .... there is one real game on the schedule yet ... I expect there will be additional action on that game.Sun 11/18/2007 1:00 PM @ Bills CBS / WBZ Channel 4Sun 11/25/2007 8:15 PM vs Eagles NBC / WHDH Channel 7Mon 12/3/2007 8:30 PM @ Ravens ESPN / WCVB Channel 5Sun 12/9/2007 vs SteelersSun 12/16/2007 1:00 PM vs Jets CBS / WBZ Channel 4Sun 12/23/2007 1:00 PM vs Dolphins CBS / WBZ Channel 4Sat 12/29/2007 8:15 PM @ Giants NFL Network