• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man, the NL strat forum really ate shit over the past few months. I blame Acid who lives in the challenge thread now.
The challenge thread has almost single handedly killed this forum.There are a lot of players who would be posting hands, and there are a ton of great players and posters that could provide feedback.As it is, they all post strategy hands in there and maybe get a response or two, but a ton of stuff gets lost in the middle of all the graphs, BBV, and random junk.
Man, the NL strat forum really ate shit over the past few months. I blame Acid who lives in the challenge thread now.
yeah everyone switched to heads up too, which most of the answers are "It depends"
the trick is to find a roulette wheel that has hit red like three times in a row... that way black is due :club:
Zach and Naked Cowboy and someone else and I were at MGM playing Texas Holdem Bonus. The roulette wheel at the end of the pit hit red 21 times in a row. Not only that, but it hit 23 3 times in a row (if 23 is not red, gfy) and basically over 16 or 17 spins, it'd only hit about 6 or 7 spaces. There was a huge crowd. Eventually one black popped up and everyone left.
yeah everyone switched to heads up too, which most of the answers are "It depends"
If I start playing live again, I'll post hands. I used to post constantly becuase it helped me as well as other people. I really have a hard time opening all of these threads (tbh, I don't open most anymore) and reading the same standard situation over and over and over again. I am not bashing on the newer players who are still learning, I just don't really have the energy to post in all of the threads.Maybe once I quit my job and play for a living and have more time to waste, I'll come back and tell everyone what they're doing wrong :club:
Zach and Naked Cowboy and someone else and I were at MGM playing Texas Holdem Bonus. The roulette wheel at the end of the pit hit red 21 times in a row. Not only that, but it hit 23 3 times in a row (if 23 is not red, gfy) and basically over 16 or 17 spins, it'd only hit about 6 or 7 spaces. There was a huge crowd. Eventually one black popped up and everyone left.
RACIST!
that was also when i got chastised by the dealer for value betting 88 on a 993 board in texas hold em bonus because I didn't have a 9. We all lost when her far superior K6 spiked a K after we put our bets in. that roulette crowd was probably 6-7 deep all the way around the table.
If I start playing live again, I'll post hands. I used to post constantly becuase it helped me as well as other people. I really have a hard time opening all of these threads (tbh, I don't open most anymore) and reading the same standard situation over and over and over again. I am not bashing on the newer players who are still learning, I just don't really have the energy to post in all of the threads.Maybe once I quit my job and play for a living and have more time to waste, I'll come back and tell everyone what they're doing wrong :club:
if somebody is looking to pay a decent poker coach I can vouch for your input being invaluable
The challenge thread has almost single handedly killed this forum.
That's another reason I've been opposed to that thread. =/I also hate the fact that I haven't read it in two weeks and it'll take me hours if I want to catch up.

It really is a shame some of the great New Challenge players don't come here more frequently. The discussion really does get lost in that thread.

It really is a shame some of the great New Challenge players don't come here more frequently. The discussion really does get lost in that thread.
I'm not sure I really see the problem. Nothing gets lost, as it is all still discussed on the forums, in a place more people actually probably look.It is not like people look back at old threads that have been discussed in strat, they just look at the couple of posts at the of top the first page.
I'm not sure I really see the problem. Nothing gets lost, as it is all still discussed on the forums, in a place more people actually probably look.It is not like people look back at old threads that have been discussed in strat, they just look at the couple of posts at the of top the first page.
Yeah, but the discussion can be more focused if a thread concentrates on a hand or concept. And people can point back to that specific thread. You might remember the title or whatever. When it gets buried in Challenge, it'll be back on some random page and intermingled with all sorts of discussion. Challenge is essentially a chat room...which has its benefits, no doubt...but it's not taking advantage of the forum format.
that was also when i got chastised by the dealer for value betting 88 on a 993 board in texas hold em bonus because I didn't have a 9. We all lost when her far superior K6 spiked a K after we put our bets in. that roulette crowd was probably 6-7 deep all the way around the table.
omfg that dealer had me on tilt...not even the same one who mocked us... that was retarded too.

I agree with Cobalt on the challenge thread, I find it really difficult to find stuff in there and difficult to follow unless you read like the previous 10 pages.Someone go over there and tell them to post in NL strat instead lol.

Yeah, but the discussion can be more focused if a thread concentrates on a hand or concept. And people can point back to that specific thread. You might remember the title or whatever. When it gets buried in Challenge, it'll be back on some random page and intermingled with all sorts of discussion. Challenge is essentially a chat room...which has its benefits, no doubt...but it's not taking advantage of the forum format.
meh, I suppose I wish FCP strat was better, but really there are few people that post in that thread that ever posted in stat anyways, besides Acid, Jay, and myself, all of who play mostly HU now, which is difficult to discuss specific HH's.

Brag: Get sent home from work because it's raining :)Beat: I get only 1 hour of pay for today...Variance: I skipped yesterday too :club:

Your join date @ FCP is over 2 years old and you still play this way??this thread = lame potatoes
I want to copy this post and put into all other threads in the forum.Irony?
Brag: Get sent home from work because it's raining :)Beat: I get only 1 hour of pay for today...Variance: I skipped yesterday too :club:
What's your job?

Seat 1: Simo123 ($67.90)Seat 2: dizzblickets ($50.50)Seat 3: cmgiboerse ($86.50)Seat 4: Mr HoldEm4 ($6.70)Seat 5: Ironhard ($81.50)Seat 6: iBenga ($50)cmgiboerse posts the small blind of $0.25Mr HoldEm4 posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Simo123 [Jh Js]Ironhard foldsiBenga raises to $2Simo123 calls $2dizzblickets foldscmgiboerse calls $1.75Mr HoldEm4 calls $1.50*** FLOP *** [Td 8c 5s]cmgiboerse checksMr HoldEm4 checksiBenga checksSimo123 bets $5.50cmgiboerse calls $5.50Mr HoldEm4 foldsiBenga adds $2iBenga folds*** TURN *** [Td 8c 5s] [2d]cmgiboerse checksSimo123 bets $14cmgiboerse calls $14*** RIVER *** [Td 8c 5s 2d] [Ad]cmgiboerse bets $22Not much in the way of stats/reads. I'd usually 3bet pre, but the opener was pretty nitty, and raised 4x rather than pot. I have no idea what he's representing other than precisely AT or a slowplayed set.

Seat 1: Simo123 ($67.90)Seat 2: dizzblickets ($50.50)Seat 3: cmgiboerse ($86.50)Seat 4: Mr HoldEm4 ($6.70)Seat 5: Ironhard ($81.50)Seat 6: iBenga ($50)cmgiboerse posts the small blind of $0.25Mr HoldEm4 posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Simo123 [Jh Js]Ironhard foldsiBenga raises to $2Simo123 calls $2dizzblickets foldscmgiboerse calls $1.75Mr HoldEm4 calls $1.50*** FLOP *** [Td 8c 5s]cmgiboerse checksMr HoldEm4 checksiBenga checksSimo123 bets $5.50cmgiboerse calls $5.50Mr HoldEm4 foldsiBenga adds $2iBenga folds*** TURN *** [Td 8c 5s] [2d]cmgiboerse checksSimo123 bets $14cmgiboerse calls $14*** RIVER *** [Td 8c 5s 2d] [Ad]cmgiboerse bets $22Not much in the way of stats/reads. I'd usually 3bet pre, but the opener was pretty nitty, and raised 4x rather than pot. I have no idea what he's representing other than precisely AT or a slowplayed set.
I'd add A-8, J-9, and 9-7. Not as often but they'll show up.
I'd add A-8, J-9, and 9-7. Not as often but they'll show up.
I was meaning that he isn't representing J9 or 97. He's representing a really narrow range.Getting 3:1 is it a call?

I've been watching Verneer's videos on CR, and I feel I really get continuation betting now. Such a good resource. Defo worth $225 for 6 months.

What's your job?
I landscape :club:
I was meaning that he isn't representing J9 or 97. He's representing a really narrow range.Getting 3:1 is it a call?
I'm weak, but I think I'd fold.
I'm weak, but I think I'd fold.
I've pretty much ironed curiosity out of my game, but for 1/2 pot I just wanted to see. He had QQ, which was just really weird.TBH I think that might make my call ok because it was seemingly a 1/2 value, 1/2 block bet that he can probably make with a KT/QT type hand as well.