Steve7stud Training Program

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BR requirements? A couple of good examples are Adam(vick12), Teddy(tb17), and Mike(mikeysong). Adam wanted to train in the worst way, but he was VERY short on cash. I told him to donate what he could, and we would work the rest out when he had ample funds. He struggled for about a year. Ironically during that time, I wanted to see him play higher stakes, he just never had the liquidity to do so. Finally this last month he broke free and won about 150k in tourneys. Staking The Team? I am proud to say that I have staked each and every person who completed s7s training at one point or another. Marchant(cobaltblue) was largely responsible for breaking me even on my investment. JC(prtypsux) and Adam(vick12) all conveniantly won money when I was not staking them. Grrrrr.I hope that I have answered most of your questions. If you have others feel free to ask. This should also help specify what I am looking for, and what I expect from people. If you've sent me a pm. Please let me know that you've read this and understand the guidelines.Steve
I am sure it was after dealing w/ my broke ash, that Steve makes sure everyone has a real roll now!!! In my case, I had just taken 2nd in the $5r on Stars and had something of a roll. I decided to literally spend 1/2-3/4 of my roll to do the training. As I said to Steve at the time "I don't care if I have to start off from scratch w/ my roll if that means u will make me 1/10 the player u made JC..." Well....I am still not 1/20th the player JC is, but I am hardly complaining!!!! So my advice to anyone interested and has like a 5k roll...U can ALWAYS make the money back....u may NEVER have this opportunity again...And as for the Staking...well u know I have been trying to be just like JC since the day u met me!!! =) (I want to be like JC the poker player...I'm too old to be the young, hip, cool gangster he is in real life!!!)

i would just like to say that i'm also available to talk about what steve does if anyone wants to talk to someone about it. best of luck to everyone who applied!

Good luck to whoever gets in. From all Ive heard, you'll be well on your way to being successful.Thanks to Steve for doing this for the community. It's great to be able to help others the way you've surely been helped along the way.I wish Pay it Forward was a better movie, since it would be so fitting here.

Wow, back in the ring again. Good for you, Steve. I'm sure you've just made a lot of people very happy.

Good luck to whoever gets in. From all Ive heard, you'll be well on your way to being successful.Thanks to Steve for doing this for the community. It's great to be able to help others the way you've surely been helped along the way.I wish Pay it Forward was a better movie, since it would be so fitting here.
You know his training isn't free, right?

Steve, how do you think this would work with someone in the southern hemisphere? I haven't played much recently due to family commitments and work but it looks like I will be able to get right back into it shortly. I've had a reasonable year and think this kind of training could be exactly what I need to go to the next level. I fear the time zone differences could be hard to overcome but if you think it could work I'd like to send you a pm outlining the rest of my details.CheersBrett

Steve, how do you think this would work with someone in the southern hemisphere? I haven't played much recently due to family commitments and work but it looks like I will be able to get right back into it shortly. I've had a reasonable year and think this kind of training could be exactly what I need to go to the next level. I fear the time zone differences could be hard to overcome but if you think it could work I'd like to send you a pm outlining the rest of my details.CheersBrett
Send me a pm and we can take it from there.Steve
i dunno I just dont like him, if he does 6 students a year its 18k a year not tax involved and like andy "bkice" seth said the people he would help the most cant afford the 3k........and as he said the new students wont get as much time or attention as his former students when theprice was much cheaper.......i just dont like itand for all applicant this is mainly a cash game "lesson" as he doesnt know much about tourneys----former student
i dunno I just dont like him, if he does 6 students a year its 18k a year not tax involved and like andy "bkice" seth said the people he would help the most cant afford the 3k........and as he said the new students wont get as much time or attention as his former students when theprice was much cheaper.......i just dont like itand for all applicant this is mainly a cash game "lesson" as he doesnt know much about tourneys----former student
"The grapes are sour anyway!"

Far be it from me to agree with FWP, but he is allowed to question the whole thing. What his reasons might be for doing so, I don't know, but that doesn't mean he can't chime in with some negativity. Ultimately, the decision is that of the student as to whther or not they can afford the tutorship and if they think the money is worth it. Clearly, a lot of people are satisfied with Steve's mentorship, regardless of cost, so what difference does it make if FWP says some negative stuff?"If everybody's thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton

Far be it from me to agree with FWP, but he is allowed to question the whole thing. What his reasons might be for doing so, I don't know, but that doesn't mean he can't chime in with some negativity. Ultimately, the decision is that of the student as to whther or not they can afford the tutorship and if they think the money is worth it. Clearly, a lot of people are satisfied with Steve's mentorship, regardless of cost, so what difference does it make if FWP says some negative stuff?"If everybody's thinking the same thing, then nobody's thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton
Pretty sure this thread was originally intended to see who (if any) wanted or would be best suited for Steve's unique brand of mentoring. It wasn't meant as a debate as to whether or not Steve's program is worth it. FWP's response is a little inappropriate.Steve has a much different take on poker than most are used to. If you are chosen, and once you are through the program, you will see, approach and play the game much differently. It is also more geared towards and will greatly benefit the most the players who play poker for a living.It is NOT a poker 101 curriculum. It is for better players (imo) not beginners, people with talent but who will benefit from some expert nudging and direction from a guy who has been there done that (for over 11 years and at some of the highest levels possible) and who himself has been taught and mentored by some of the games best.You still may suck when it's over...but probably not. Is it for everyone?...no. But who better than Steve himself to decide who it's right for and who it's not right for? Save your personal criticsms for another thread.
Pretty sure this thread was originally intended to see who (if any) wanted or would be best suited for Steve's unique brand of mentoring. It wasn't meant as a debate as to whether or not Steve's program is worth it. FWP's response is a little inappropriate.Save your personal criticsms for another thread.
So you think its better if FWP starts a new thread called: Why Steve sucks? ;)I think its best all contained in here. If people want to post bad experiences or their comments, thats part of what you open yourself up to as a business imo. Its well known that FWP doesn't like anyone that gets more/takes away attention from himself. I think most people don't have a hard time figuring out whats up when its FWP vs Steve7stud/Vick12/AASnake/checkymcfold/nutzbuster/wrto/tb17/wiskyvi/hblask/mikeysong/cobaltblue etc etc...
Steve has a much different take on poker than most are used to. If you are chosen, and once you are through the program, you will see, approach and play the game much differently. It is also more geared towards and will greatly benefit the most the players who play poker for a living.It is NOT a poker 101 curriculum. It is for better players (imo) not beginners, people with talent but who will benefit from some expert nudging and direction from a guy who has been there done that (for over 11 years and at some of the highest levels possible) and who himself has been taught and mentored by some of the games best.
QFT. I think thats pretty important. If you suck at playing Stud or NLHE or whatever you play, Steve isn't going to fix that. (although the other players in the group are always helping each other improve) If you are someone who wants to learn what being a poker pro is like, how to conduct yourself, how to deal with the mental side of the game, then I think working with Steve is for you.Mark

One other word of advice for the potential new students...I am sure it goes without saying but make sure you have the time to devote to the training. You'll get a lot more out of it if you have time to be included when the group is getting together. Sometimes it's short notice, other times it's later at night when the real talking gets going, so if you aren't up for that the training might not be for you.I learned a TON from training and continue to learn more each day that I can play. Basically you'll get out of it what you invest into it with not only the money you invest (i.e. steve's tuition) but the time you are able to devote is even more important.

ya i'm interested but i don't know anything about the program, anyone got a link or something?
OMG can you say F-ing lock if he applies that would be a sick pairing and I'd love to see what develops.....j/s<3
FWP vs. Steve7stud/Vick12/AASnake/checkymcfold/nutzbuster/wrto/tb17/wiskyvi/hblask/mikeysong/cobaltblue etc etc...Mark
See....this is why I am easily lost sometimes....1st Kevlar...a known great player and P-Haus member shows interest...FWP gets very excited about the prospect of Kevlar "potentially" joining s7s to become an even better player than he is. Then....he decides he hates Steve?I think the bolded part of Mark's post says it all...