what the ... ? (wpt tourney)

Date / Time: 2005-04-21 18:35:00Title: Jennifer Harman Is OutLog: Jennifer Harman moved her last $142,000 into the pot, leaving George Miller with a decision. Miller took several minutes to call her all in. This was very strange since Miller turned over pocket aces. Harman showed A-10 and was in serious trouble. The board came 8-8-6-7-2, Harmon was eliminated.wtf was this guy doing slow rolling against JH? What an a**. Does this piss anyone else off, or am i alone there?

.. he might have been thinking if it's worth his tournament life to risk on A-A when she could very well have a pocket pair, and he might still be on the outskirts of the money. If he places in the money while this is happening, he's a dick. If he is behind 100, then he could just be thinking if it was worth it.

i'm quite sure that was some sarcasm there...i think we need the rule for using the :wink: sign. because their are a few dummies out there that might think that this guy was wondering if he was beat (seriously, no wink)

.. he might have been thinking if it's worth his tournament life to risk on A-A when she could very well have a pocket pair, and he might still be on the outskirts of the money. If he places in the money while this is happening, he's a dick. If he is behind 100, then he could just be thinking if it was worth it.
you know any pocket pair below AA against AA is a horrible underdog? and that 78s is the best statisticaly against aces? Also, he wasn't risking all his life, he had her covered

Its just plain wrong. People like to say nasty things about guys like Josh Arieh or Matusow for some of their behavior (basically when they act like 7 year olds). But I doubt either of them would slowroll someone like that. Thats about the worst thing I could ever think of anyone doing. You just leave some twisting in the wind, and wait to turn over your Aces. Thats just ridiculous.

Its just plain wrong.  People like to say nasty things about guys like Josh Arieh or Matusow for some of their behavior (basically when they act like 7 year olds).  But I doubt either of them would slowroll someone like that. Thats about the worst thing I could ever think of anyone doing.     You just leave some twisting in the wind, and wait to turn over your Aces.  Thats just ridiculous.
If your title is quoting the term I used in my post, I'll just let you know that I was attempting to put what I thought nicely.

This guy had already cashed. The top 100 cash. He knocked Harman out in 60 something place. Its possible that he was debating whether or not he wanted to risk chips when the next jump in money is around 50th place, but thats highly unlikely. The way I see it, there is only 1 possible explanation: He is a total jerk.

Yeah, was there someone else left to act behind Miller? If so, then I can understand--there may still be action post-flop, and if he calls immediately, anyone behind him is going to know to get out of the way (Which may not be what he wants with aces).If not, though, then yeah, he's just a jackass.

????? I hope you're kidding. He had her covered, and he was hoping she had a pocket pair. That's the best he could hope for. Worst thing he could see was something like 10-9s. That's got the best chance of cracking aces, and even that is remote.If you've put up $25K and don't want to "gamble" preflop with AA against one of the best players in the world, you should have your poker license revoked. I don't even care if you're one off the money and won a freeroll sat to get in. You don't take that long to turn this hand over.

It happened like Card Player said it did.George raised one from the button. I was in the big blind with A-T and moved in. We were heads up. He asked me how many chips I had. I counted it down and had 142, 000. He then counted his chips and thought for about 30 seconds more and then called. To say the least I was a little shocked to see Aces. I was a little ticked off but figured I would be in big trouble if I asked him to go outside. lolJennifer Harman

It happened like Card Player said it did.George raised one from the button.  I was in the big blind with A-T and moved in.  We were heads up. He asked me how many chips I had.  I counted it down and had 142, 000.  He then counted his chips and thought for about 30 seconds more and then called.  To say the least I was a little shocked to see Aces.  I was a little ticked off but figured I would be in big trouble if I asked him to go outside.  lolJennifer Harman
Psssh, you should have showed him his nuts. Hard.But, congrats on making the cash =)

Maybe he's an avid Phil Hellmuth "Hand of the Week" reader. I back this guy's taking his time with the hand. Everyone is there to get paid, I'm sure he wasn't doing it to be mean, that's silly. I'm sure he didn't have JH covered by THAT much, so it could have made or broken his tournement. It was smart to mull it over a little. Relax.

Maybe he's an avid Phil Hellmuth "Hand of the Week" reader.  I back this guy's taking his time with the hand.  Everyone is there to get paid, I'm sure he wasn't doing it to be mean, that's silly.  I'm sure he didn't have JH covered by THAT much, so it could have made or broken his tournement.  It was smart to mull it over a little.  Relax.
No, no it wasn't. What better opportunity are you going to have to get chips than calling an all in with AA? If he had just a few more than her, he was getting low and needed to make a move, or he wasn't going to make it to the next bubble anyway. There is no way he was folding there.
Maybe he's an avid Phil Hellmuth "Hand of the Week" reader.  I back this guy's taking his time with the hand.  Everyone is there to get paid, I'm sure he wasn't doing it to be mean, that's silly.  I'm sure he didn't have JH covered by THAT much, so it could have made or broken his tournement.  It was smart to mull it over a little.  Relax.
yah it's tough to call with AA :roll: