Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

Man, this guy drove me crazy and now he's gonna go ahead and make me like him with this great interview.By the way, anyone else watch the entire final table? I've been watching since 3PM EST. :club:
I agree. Seems like a nice guy.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah we get itSome of you are Atheist.and some Atheist go a step further to rag on religious people
No, I just don't think God would take an interest in random poker games.
Anybody want to give me a recap?
Lots of bad poker.Jerry Wang re-raised every other hand.Tuan Lam was clearly chip dumping to him before the heads up.Head ups, Lam was in position to get the stacks even when his AQ outflopped Wang's 88. Wang went runner-runner straight and became the nicest person to ever win the WSOP.
I watched the whole table, and for me it started at 9PM and right now it's 1PM and I really need to go to bed :D
Props to you. I wussed out after the dinner break for a couple hours. But I'm fit now. :club:

I think he will do a lot of good with his money.I've actually fantasized about winning the main event and going out on the strip, finding a homeless person, and trying to help them get their life straight.and then the hookers and blow, of course.

Horrible way for Tuan to go out. Must've been disgusting.
QFTI couldn't even fathom "losing 4 million dollars" on runner-runner like that.. Well, not like he would have been a lock to win if his queenball held.. but still.. I'm not entirely sold human beings are ever able to function emotionally for weeks after something like that. I mean, yeah, he'll go buy himself a house the size of Soldier field and cry himself to sleep at night but.. man.. I've cursed myself mentally for days after losing out on ten or twenty bux in a Stars tourney based on one bad play before a pay jump or inching up a FT slot or two but man... $4 million? I don't think anyone could honestly look in a mirror fully envision that kind of swing, and just say "ahhh f it, it's cool".. You'd need a couple of frisky strippers and strong bottle of whiskey just to begin that train of thought...

On the plus side, perhaps poker will get a boom similar to the 18-30 year-olds who caught on with Moneymaker, but it'll be middle-aged religious folk and they'll all suck at poker.

Chances of that $8 million getting back into the poker community: 1%.
Amen. And therein lies the true tragedy of it all..

i was rooting against this guy at 1st cuz i didnt want a donk to win...at this point, i could care less how good or bad he is at poker, im so happy he won...what a nice guy and a class act, wow.he's gonna be a great ambassodor.(sp?)

QFTI couldn't even fathom "losing 4 million dollars" on runner-runner like that.. Well, not like he would have been a lock to win if his queenball held.. but still.. I'm not entirely sold human beings are ever able to function emotionally for weeks after something like that. I mean, yeah, he'll go buy himself a house the size of Soldier field and cry himself to sleep at night but.. man.. I've cursed myself mentally for days after losing out on ten or twenty bux in a Stars tourney based on one bad play before a pay jump or inching up a FT slot or two but man... $4 million? I don't think anyone could honestly look in a mirror fully envision that kind of swing, and just say "ahhh f it, it's cool".. You'd need a couple of frisky strippers and strong bottle of whiskey just to begin that train of thought...
Totally. Even worse was the atmosphere. Taking a huge lead, then a dagger hitting in the biggest event in poker, and hundreds of people either A) Gasping, B ) Going ballistic. I'd rather the AQ just bricked off.
Serves him right for jumping around like an idiot when the Q hit the flop, wasn't a suckout it just looks unlucky the way the cards fell. It was all in preflop so it doesn't really matter what order they came out.

Did anyone else think that Tuan played just a horrible, horrible final table?