Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

Like Hilm. I still don't understand why he decided to take a stand so early with that big of a stack. Why not wait until you get a better hand because you know the guy is going to pay you off.
To be fair to Hilm, he was the first player t be knocked out so he didn't have as much info at that point. Watkinson however should have known better as a so called 'pro', he will regret that move for a very long time I promise you, I can see him at home now still shaking his head 8 hours later.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Who is in and who is out? Or who Won???I dont have the Time to read 132 Pages.And on the First Page from this Thread are no news or updates.Greets and thank you.Turbo-Boost2000
Seriously?

Yeah,but even Wikipedia dont Know the Winner.And on the Official WSOP Site ist the Newest Blog 6 hours old.So i do what is the best: I Ask in a Forum with lots of nice Guys that will tell me in a Minute,and you did. TY :club: GreetsTurbo-Boost2000

Yeah,but even Wikipedia dont Know the Winner.And on the Official WSOP Site ist the Newest Blog 6 hours old.So i do what is the best: I Ask in a Forum with lots of nice Guys that will tell me in a Minute,and you did. TY :club: GreetsTurbo-Boost2000
It is all over WP. In fact the winner, 2nd place and 4th place all have articles now.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_World_Se...Limit_Hold.27em
Naja.. so viel Englisch wirst du noch können , um die englischen Pokerseiten abzuklappern, oder? :club:
Habs ja auch am ende herrausgefunden,verstehe nur nicht warum sich hier alles aufregt wenn jemand mal nachfragt.Fragen kostet ja nichts und hier weiß jeder worum es geht. Also sollen mal alle die Füße stillhalten. Ich mache mich auch nicht über andere lustig. Dafür sind Foren schlieslich da. :D Aber schön zu sehen das es auch noch andere aus Deutschland hier gibt. :D Beste Grüße Turbo-Boost2000
Habs ja auch am ende herrausgefunden,verstehe nur nicht warum sich hier alles aufregt wenn jemand mal nachfragt.Fragen kostet ja nichts und hier weiß jeder worum es geht. Also sollen mal alle die Füße stillhalten. Ich mache mich auch nicht über andere lustig. Dafür sind Foren schlieslich da. :D Aber schön zu sehen das es auch noch andere aus Deutschland hier gibt. :club: Beste Grüße Turbo-Boost2000
If you do that you better clean it up!

I thought we'd never have a worse champion than Jamie Gold, but this guy makes Jamie Gold look like Phil Ivey.This is probably the worst thing that could possibly happen to poker right now.

I thought we'd never have a worse champion than Jamie Gold, but this guy makes Jamie Gold look like Phil Ivey.This is probably the worst thing that could possibly happen to poker right now.
Jerry Yang is the ME champion and you're not and you never will be. He is better than you.
I disagree. His story is better than Moneymakers. The media will love it and we make have 10k in the ME next year.
Don't take a race VS. JERRY YANG! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
You know how to play poker? I know you know how to donk away several thousand dollars...congrats on that.How about QQ < AQ? Yang had his share of bad luck at the final table. He may not have been the most experienced player but he made up for it in other ways, and I think he deserved to win.
How about QQ < AQ? Yang had his share of bad luck at the final table. He may not have been the most experienced player but he made up for it in other ways, and I think he deserved to win.
QFT. Yang didn't play by-the-book poker (or, more XYZ than ABC :club: ), but most of his decision were reasonable and his mistakes (like the JT call) were not that significant to the overall outcome.All the criticism against the ME winner was unfair to Raymer and Hachem, mostly unfair to Moneymaker and Gold and is unfair to Yang as well. He didn't play in a way most of the online poker forum users would have played but that doesn't necessarily make him a donk (and I'm saying that as someone who was fairly harsh on Yang at the beginning of the final table).And equally as important: Yang apparently is a friendly guy with an intriguing life story, so at least try to stay objective with your review of his plays.

It's hard to say without the hole cards but all appearances are that Yang played terribly.- huge overbets pre and post flop that simply cannot be justified by any holding- the all-in call with A9 vs Watkinson was miserable- the all-in call with AK vs Hilm was questionableYou have to give him credit for being aggressive and taking everyone else at the table out of their game but if he doesn't win a few big hands early - where he undeniably got very lucky with marginal at best hands - he goes out the door in 9th place and is never heard from again.It's hard to tell for sure without the hole cards but it seemed like Yang got more than his fair share of hands early. And I don't think you can deny that he overplayed a lot of his hands and got lucky in the key spots - specially early on.In think that more than Yang winning this the others at the table lost it. How many times did we see people limp and fold to a Yang raise or raise and fold to a Yang re-raise? How many times do you need to bang your head into a wall before you realize it hurts and change your tactics. People got frustrated with Yang and made some bad decisions - Watkinson's push, Hilms push, Rahme's KK hand. I saw nothing from Yang to indicate that he was anything other than an aggrodonk.