Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

Congrats to Jerry :club: WOW did this FT show us how lucky you need to be to WIN a tournament !!!!!
But he wasn't really that lucky, lets be honest about it. There was one or two bad plays but he had the best hand most of the time. I thought this guy was a total donk at first, but his early aggression got a couple of the players to get their money in bad when they thought he was bullying. OK he ain't no Phil Ivey, but he deserves alot of credit for the way he played, aggression is seen as an important part of a winning strategy and he was ther most aggressive by far, so good luck to him.He also seems like a nice guy, I'd rather he won than some over cocky swaggering 21 year old internet kid who would be broke within a year living the dream.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There wasn't alot of post flop play actually, Yang forced big pots the whole time.
Here were a lot of the potsYang raises to 1M, 1 call rest fold.Pot: 2.4MFlop: x x x Yang bets 4M, other dude folds.
Scotty Nguyen totally ruined that for everybody. What a donk. I also woulda like to see Lee Watkinson play more, since I actually didn't see him at all.
Wait, Lee was at the final table today?
I think he had AA or KK.In fact, I thought he was just getting smacked by the deck in the beginning and still kind of felt that way when I made the bet. I still think he had KK or AA, but I would've been less eager to make the bet right now after watching him re-raise every hand. :club:
yea me too but I do not think it is impossible for him to have JJ
That being said, to say that you have a pretty good grasp of his schedule and priorities sounds 10X as stupid as someone who thanks God for helping them accomplish whatever it is they do. Get over yourself already.
I don't believe in God aaaaand I never said I had a "good grasp of his schedule." I just thought it was a little silly that Yang didn't want to give himself any credit. There's no need to overreact.
yea me too but I do not think it is impossible for him to have JJ
Agreed. And, after watching him play, 88, 99, TT or AcKc.It still felt like AA or KK to me, though.
But he wasn't really that lucky, lets be honest about it. There was one or two bad plays but he had the best hand most of the time.
Because he got good cards/ran well.
he took 8th i believewatched some of the live feed last night, but for me not seeing the hole cards makes it boringshieky & matusow showed up for a bit and after that i just lost interest....yes i know, i'll be banned for saying i lost interest in the WSOP ME
I also woulda like to see Lee Watkinson play more, since I actually didn't see him at all.
Watkinson probably made the most donkiest play in the history wsop me FT last night. The play was so bad, I couldn't believe it was real.
Watkinson probably made the most donkiest play in the history wsop me FT last night. The play was so bad, I couldn't believe it was real.
Possibly, but his record was quickly surpassed when the African overplayed his Kings, and then talked Yang into calling him.
I don't agree with this. Wang was raising every hand! Lee had to establish some control with what likely was the best hand. It turned out not to be and Wang made a good/loose call and won.I don't have a problem with Lee's play. I don't think he makes it if he plays long enough to know how unlikely Wang was to fold ever, but I don't hate it.
I think he felt invincible and it made him hyper-aggressive and he ran over the table.
Totally agree with you and you can't fault him for that. He didn't play it like a deep stack event should be played probably because he's used to the normal tourneys we all mostly play, but his aggression won it for him. He's gonna get called a donk by many, but I don't think thats fair, he played the way he thought he would have the best chance of winning and it worked.
Glad I wasn't the only person who blinked and missed it..
Because he got good cards/ran well.
Yes thats partly true, but its not as if he has getting AA/KK every other hand. He had playable hands (not great) that were marginally better than his opponents. WTF was Lee Watkinson and that Danish guy doing? They gifted their chips to him.
Possibly, but his record was quickly surpassed when the African overplayed his Kings, and then talked Yang into calling him.
Yeah. That was almost as bad. Jerry was gonna fold, and there goes Grandpa opening his damn mouth talking him into the call. :club:
But he wasn't really that lucky, lets be honest about it. There was one or two bad plays but he had the best hand most of the time. I thought this guy was a total donk at first, but his early aggression got a couple of the players to get their money in bad when they thought he was bullying. OK he ain't no Phil Ivey, but he deserves alot of credit for the way he played, aggression is seen as an important part of a winning strategy and he was ther most aggressive by far, so good luck to him.He also seems like a nice guy, I'd rather he won than some over cocky swaggering 21 year old internet kid who would be broke within a year living the dream.
getting lots of chances to get your money in good is one way of being lucky.
getting lots of chances to get your money in good is one way of being lucky.
Then its the fault of his opponents for playing weak hands not his. Several of the 'better' players were far too impatient and should have waited for better spots and they gifted their chips to him. It was always going to be serious pain for them all once he has big chips.
Then its the fault of his opponents for playing weak hands not his. Several of the 'better' players were far too impatient and should have waited for better spots and they gifted their chips to him. It was always going to be serious pain for them all once he has big chips.
Like Hilm. I still don't understand why he decided to take a stand so early with that big of a stack. Why not wait until you get a better hand because you know the guy is going to pay you off.