Dear Chrozzo

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chorrizo I need a new beer. I like dark beers, like porters and stouts, and of course Belch Beers, like Chimay ( I know it's Belgian, but I think Belch sounds cooler) I live in Nebraska, so it can't be something too exotic or regional. Recommendations?

Chorrizo I need a new beer. I like dark beers, like porters and stouts, and of course Belch Beers, like Chimay ( I know it's Belgian, but I think Belch sounds cooler) I live in Nebraska, so it can't be something too exotic or regional. Recommendations?
i like belch as well....i might use that....with your permission of course.Anyways...first id say find out the closest microbreweries near you. Don't settle for any Sam Adams dardker beers..its really not the same thing. Look for some of the more popular names....like Beck's Dark and Heineken Dark...they're not to bad. Find at least some kind of pub...and they should have some type of Ayinger beer.....from Germany. Ayinger Dunkel, Ayinger Dopplebock...those are good too.Next time u find a place..take note of the stuff they have and tell me ok.

Ok this is going to be Difficult because It is help for my dad. I would like to buy him a beer of high quality while still being in his taste range. He is a huge fan of Coronas and thinks that budweiser is too watery. He has drank Guinness on occasion although It is not his favourite and preferees kilkenny for fuller beers but still is not one of his regular beverage. I dont know if you have had crown larger (made by the same guys who make fosters) but he is a fan.Any suggestions.

i like belch as well....i might use that....with your permission of course.Anyways...first id say find out the closest microbreweries near you. Don't settle for any Sam Adams dardker beers..its really not the same thing. Look for some of the more popular names....like Beck's Dark and Heineken Dark...they're not to bad. Find at least some kind of pub...and they should have some type of Ayinger beer.....from Germany. Ayinger Dunkel, Ayinger Dopplebock...those are good too.Next time u find a place..take note of the stuff they have and tell me ok.
I was thinking more home consumption I did get this today, and I like it.. it's no black Butte, but it'll doporter_bottle.jpgI'm going to try Goose island oatmeal stout next.
close.. Nebraska.
There is no place like Nebraska Dear old Nebraska U Where the girls are the fairest The boys are the squarest Of any old place that I knew There is no place like Nebraska Where they're all true blue We'll all stick together in all kinds of weather For dear old Nebraska U.
Ok this is going to be Difficult because It is help for my dad. I would like to buy him a beer of high quality while still being in his taste range. He is a huge fan of Coronas and thinks that budweiser is too watery. He has drank Guinness on occasion although It is not his favourite and preferees kilkenny for fuller beers but still is not one of his regular beverage. I dont know if you have had crown larger (made by the same guys who make fosters) but he is a fan.Any suggestions.
Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic) or Stella Artois (Belgium)hope he likes

I don't normally drink a lot of beer, not because I don't want to, but because, being middle-aged, I'd weigh 300 pounds. (Too much poker).Anyway, a friend who is a beer connoisseur recently gave me a six-pack of a variety of selected micro-brews from southern and central Wisconsin. He also introduced me to a beer from the Beer Connoisseur brewery of the year, Surly Brewing Company, which happens to be from here in town. He wanted to try their Darkness, but that was a bit much for me, but I did enjoy their Bender.Anyway, of the six-pack he gave me, the Gray's Oatmeal Stout was horrible, really not to my tastes at all. Tonight I'm trying the Furthermore Fatty Boomblatty Belgian Ale and it is a wonderful treat, making me wish I was at a bar drinking it instead of watching babies throw Playdough around.He also gave me a Tyranena Brewing Co Headless Man Pale Ale, a New Glarus Brewing Company Uff-da, and a couple others.Discuss.

I don't normally drink a lot of beer, not because I don't want to, but because, being middle-aged, I'd weigh 300 pounds. (Too much poker).Anyway, a friend who is a beer connoisseur recently gave me a six-pack of a variety of selected micro-brews from southern and central Wisconsin. He also introduced me to a beer from the Beer Connoisseur brewery of the year, Surly Brewing Company, which happens to be from here in town. He wanted to try their Darkness, but that was a bit much for me, but I did enjoy their Bender.Anyway, of the six-pack he gave me, the Gray's Oatmeal Stout was horrible, really not to my tastes at all. Tonight I'm trying the Furthermore Fatty Boomblatty Belgian Ale and it is a wonderful treat, making me wish I was at a bar drinking it instead of watching babies throw Playdough around.He also gave me a Tyranena Brewing Co Headless Man Pale Ale, a New Glarus Brewing Company Uff-da, and a couple others.Discuss.
Yeah, you have to learn to love oatmeal stouts. That belgian ale sounds pretty good. Most micros and even larger brewers that make a belgian style or an abbey are very nice, even if they arent the real thing...i still get them regularly.

Chrozzo, I have a very big problem I'm a college student with a roomate who won't drink beer. Yes I know I was in shock as well... he does drink Boonsfarm (sp?) Anyway what is a good way to break him into beer so that I could better leach leech off of him his parents?P.S. if all fails I still will have beer I would just rather his parent's pay for it sense well I'm a broke college student who works at lowes.

Chrozzo, I have a very big problem I'm a college student with a roomate who won't drink beer. Yes I know I was in shock as well... he does drink Boonsfarm (sp?) Anyway what is a good way to break him into beer so that I could better leach leech off of him his parents?P.S. if all fails I still will have beer I would just rather his parent's pay for it sense well I'm a broke college student who works at lowes.
Tell him he likes a girly drink. Then tell him beer makes his penis bigger and is a natural aphrodisiac. Then go out and buy the best belgian beer you can find (Leffe will do) and forcefeed him.
Tell him he likes a girly drink. Then tell him beer makes his penis bigger and is a natural aphrodisiac. Then go out and buy the best belgian beer you can find (Leffe will do) and forcefeed him.
Tell him he likes a girl drink [X]Tell him beer makes his penis bigger [X]Tell him it is a naural aphrodisiac [X]buy best belgian Texas beer I could afford [X] (shiner bock)Forcefeed him [X]his response... threw up the beer...kicked his ass for alcohol abuse [X]
Tell him he likes a girl drink [X]Tell him beer makes his penis bigger [X]Tell him it is a naural aphrodisiac [X]buy best belgian Texas beer I could afford [X] (shiner bock)Forcefeed him [X]his response... threw up the beer...kicked his ass for alcohol abuse [X]
when at first you don't succeed....try try again

Dear Chrozzo,While at the supermarket the other day, I spotted a 12 pack of Leinenkugels that was a mixed pack. Six different beers, two of each flavor. I can't recall all of the flavors, but I was wondering if this was a worthwhile purchase?