I'm not usually in OT that much but couldn't think of where else to discuss the Stern show.Anyone listen nearly as religiously as I do?The Star Wars interviews they've been playing lately are gold...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have Sirius and damn I miss the show especially Artie. The pig story had to be the funniest thing I've ever heard.
QFTI just heard that night that Stern/Sirius are getting sued for $100 million for talking crap on some product.

Howard Stern is a very clever person, and very funny, and does a good job of hiding real humor behind all the crudity and lesbian talk. The thing I don't like about Stern is what he did to the rest of radio. Since he came around, every station has to have a Stern wannabe who knows the style but isn't clever or interesting or funny. What you are left with is the equivalent of '3rd graders sitting around swearing because it's naughty'.I rarely listen to him, he's just not really my style of humor most of the time. Stern himself is good, but all the imitators have ruined FM radio for the first 4-6 hours of the day.Now, if you want a style of humor that *I* can live with, listen here: The Morning ShowIt's an acquired taste.

Howard Stern is a very clever person, and very funny, and does a good job of hiding real humor behind all the crudity and lesbian talk. The thing I don't like about Stern is what he did to the rest of radio. Since he came around, every station has to have a Stern wannabe who knows the style but isn't clever or interesting or funny. What you are left with is the equivalent of '3rd graders sitting around swearing because it's naughty'.I rarely listen to him, he's just not really my style of humor most of the time. Stern himself is good, but all the imitators have ruined FM radio for the first 4-6 hours of the day.Now, if you want a style of humor that *I* can live with, listen here: The Morning ShowIt's an acquired taste.
What are you, 92 years old?

My favorite part of the show are Richard and Sal's prank phone calls. I've been listening since 1990 and the show seems to get better every year. Although the last couple before Sirius were a little rough with the censorship and all.Just the sound of Howards' voice in the morning wakes me up, even if what he's saying is boring.Bubbas' show is starting to grow on me also. Never could tolerate anyone but Howard, but it's pretty funny.

same here, I respect what Howard does but I don't find it all that entertainingThis is the only morning show that I need: Baseball This Morning
Bubbas' show is starting to grow on me also. Never could tolerate anyone but Howard, but it's pretty funny.
I was with you all the way until you said that last part. Bubba is a hick, and his stupid radio show is the same thing you'd hear if you parked your car at the front gate of any trailer park in America. The only one with ANY comedic value is Ned, and that's only because he doesn't pretend NOT to be a hick, he just goes with it. Bubba rambles on about his nice house in Tampa or whatever and name drops all his cool friends (pfft - Hulk Hogan?!) He's the anti-Stern...You can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy.

I'm a fan of both shows, but especially Bubba. Of course, I live a few miles south of Ontario. Did anybody hear Ned's call to the Catholic priest? Instant classic.

what kind of argument against Stern is this? How is it his fault that people try to copy him?You have made no sense, and I am dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Bob & Tom FTW
I enjoy bob and tom too. But Howard has all the nakedness and doing things that i have always wanted to do to women. lol
I enjoy bob and tom too. But Howard has all the nakedness and doing things that i have always wanted to do to women. lol
...because listening to naked women on the radio is so erotic...

I started listening to Howard when he moved to Sirius. Prior to that I was unable to get his show but did enjoy his movie and his Letterman/Leno appearances. The show is very funny but the way Robyn crowbars her opinions into every conversation at the top of her lungs has been really annoying me lately. The best part of the show are the bits and the first hour of the show when there just BSing with everyone. If the show does lose Arty in the new year it will be a major blow.As for Bubba, I started listening the first day on Sirius. It took me a about a month to warm up to his show but for the first year on Sirius I actually enjoyed his show the most. As of late the show seems real stale however. I would like to see spiceboy leave the show and someone new join. Lasker is good but he overdoes it with the redneck hillbilly role. Ned(Manson) is the best character on the radio period.PS: If you are a sportsfan check out Ferrall on Sirius 101. Its the most original sportsshow out there and probally the one american radio show that actually knows what it is talking about when it comes to hockey.

what kind of argument against Stern is this? How is it his fault that people try to copy him?You have made no sense, and I am dumber for having read that. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
It wasn't exactly an argument against Howard Stern; more a comment on what he has indirectly done to radio. I said Howard is a clever funny person. But the state of morning radio is a direct result of his success.
Ned(Manson) is the best character on the radio period.PS: If you are a sportsfan check out Ferrall on Sirius 101. Its the most original sportsshow out there and probally the one american radio show that actually knows what it is talking about when it comes to hockey.
Both items QFMFT
same here, I respect what Howard does but I don't find it all that entertainingThis is the only morning show that I need: Baseball This Morning
I agree.. it reminds of Led Zeppelin.. LZ was great, but they created this genre of arena rock band that was god freaking awful.. I think stern can be clever, but some of it is really mean spirited as well..As for Mark Patrick.. man < I miss the show he used to have, MPOS that was on late night of fox radio .. I'm always up on that time, and I thought that guy was the wittiest sports talk host I'd ever heard.. Terribel call by fox booting him, but I guess they need to dumb it down for the over night meth'd out truck driver crowd
What are you, 92 years old?
I'm old enough that I take this attempted insult as a compliment! :club: Sophisticated subtley > potty mouthNot that there's anything wrong with discussing breasts, lesbians, and lesbian breasts. It's just not something that I like every morning while I'm still waking up, day after day. At that time of the day, I need something a little more fulfilling.