update on kurt (suited up) in las vegas

Well Kurt is out sadly :(He went out on the river this is the hand as he relayed it to me on the phone.J-10 BB - 2 LimpersFlop comes Q - K - A RainbowKurt - ChecksMP - Checks MP1 - Bet to 1,200Kurt and MP callTurn is another AceKurt - ChecksMP - ChecksMP1 - Bet to 3,500Kurt figures him for trip Aces and pushes all-in for 16,500Guy calls and turns over A-9River is a K, Guy wins and Kurt is out of the tournament.I know it sucked when I heard this and I'm sorry I have to relay it. I'm bummin right now but I guess that's Poker.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well he got his money in with the best hand, thats all you can ask for in this game. definitely a tough beat. i look forward to a full report from kurt when he gets back. everything from dinner and lessons with TJ and Daniel to the tournament itself, tabling with Gus Hansen, etc.

Gee didnt i post a very similar post last night and NOBODY believed me? hmmmm where are my apologies?
Not coming - but I'm sure the flames will come if you keep asking for apologies.
he got too fancy, fancy play syndrome
Doubtful. The guy with the ace probably would have called on the flop, hit trips on the turn, and been all in to hit his river card. There was really no avoiding it.

Yeah obviouslySomeone eliminated from a tournament claims they lost to runner-runner after trapping their opponent with the best handThis is a highly unusual thing to hearI heavily doubt its untrue.

I think he played it well. I would do it the same way with no flush draw out there. We all know that making the right play isn't always good enough. Kurt's play on that hand seems pretty solid. I certainly wouldn't describe it as overly fancy. Let's hope he gets another shot at another big buyin event.

with this board, I think slow playing it is usually disaster, there was no raise pre-flop, but still doesn't mean somebody couldn't have limped in with AK or AQ. That flop needs to be played fast because you know somebody hit it good most of the time. The nuts can easily turn into 2nd best with this board A strong raise was definitely in order here on the flop to see what your opponent has, otherwise you get yourself in a situation where if the board pairs, you have no idea where you are as someone could have been betting out 2 pair on the flop and hit a boat on the turn.

Well Kurt is out sadly :(He went out on the river this is the hand as he relayed it to me on the phone.J-10 BB - 2 LimpersFlop comes Q - K - A RainbowKurt - ChecksMP - Checks MP1 - Bet to 1,200Kurt and MP callTurn is another AceKurt - ChecksMP - ChecksMP1 - Bet to 3,500Kurt figures him for trip Aces and pushes all-in for 16,500Guy calls and turns over A-9River is a K, Guy wins and Kurt is out of the tournament.I know it sucked when I heard this and I'm sorry I have to relay it. I'm bummin right now but I guess that's Poker.
Just a few questions hopefully will be answered later on.1. How did Kurt go down to a little over $21,200 at the first place?2. When MP1 called the all-in $16,500, what's the size of the pot? I am just wondering if MP1 had the pod odd to make the call (Anyway I don't think MP1 had the pod odd to call given the data above since he had only 10 outs over 46 remainings. It's either a bad call or MP1 put Kurt on bluff).3. Now who the heck is that MP1?