Hellmuth Down To Final Two Tables In $1500

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or has gmanshade made the transformation from “somewhat ignorant, but tolerable FCP community member” to “completely annoying zero added content troll who is not nearly as funny, clever, nor intelligent as he thinks he is”?Seems to have started around the time he started posting about treating his girlfriend like crap.
zero added content? search vinny vinh in the forum. my posts are not only most of the content in the thread, but they were quoted by texasholdem.com and other sites as breaking information on his whereabouts. if i write r.i.p. vinny vinh, his family members are like "oh, ok he's dead b/c gmanshade reported it"
If Doyle made a big bet on Phil to win one, it could be he's laying off a bet he made with Phil about which would win #11 first. He mentioned it on HSP, or somewhere.
I think doyle told phil about it to give him extra incentive to windon't they know how gmanshade playssssss?
if i write r.i.p. vinny vinh, his family members are like "oh, ok he's dead b/c gmanshade reported it"
From dictionary.com:e·go·ma·ni·a (ē'gō-mā'nē-ə, -mān'yə, ěg'ō-) Pronunciation Key n. Obsessive preoccupation with the self.

Would many of us be different then Phil if we were him?He appears to be arrogant, but he also seems to be dedicated to his family. A lot of guys with his money and fame would have traded in the original wife for a newer model.I think its an act. He's a charector. I find him amusing and I hope one day to be good enough to sit at the same table and have him tell me how much I suck.

Is it just me or has gmanshade made the transformation from “somewhat ignorant, but tolerable FCP community member” to “completely annoying zero added content troll who is not nearly as funny, clever, nor intelligent as he thinks he is”?
It's just you. Gman has just Lots Of Energy!
Would many of us be different then Phil if we were him?He appears to be arrogant, but he also seems to be dedicated to his family. A lot of guys with his money and fame would have traded in the original wife for a newer model.I think its an act. He's a charector. I find him amusing and I hope one day to be good enough to sit at the same table and have him tell me how much I suck.
It's not an act, at least not in the way that you mean. I thought the same thing (he played it up for the cameras) prior to playing golf with him, but he's just a very competitive person with a big ego. I'm sure we all have friends like him, and you pretty much just put up with it except for once in a while where you have to tell them to STFU.
It's not an act, at least not in the way that you mean. I thought the same thing (he played it up for the cameras) prior to playing golf with him, but he's just a very competitive person with a big ego. I'm sure we all have friends like him, and you pretty much just put up with it except for once in a while where you have to tell them to STFU.
Defintely not for the cameras. He does it all the time. Matusow too. Those two are hilarious to watch, it's just non stop.
Obv concealed brag post. But I agree with the bolded part. Good post PMJ.
I call them asshole friends, and yea, I think we all have them.When you mix a super ego with ultra competitive personality... asshole is the end result. And it doesn't necessarily make them a bad person (not the best either) but you deal with it and somehow call them friend.The worst part is when you beat them and think that it will somehow be satisfying... but no. They still find a way to rob you of that.EDIT: P.S. Go Phil, get #11!
Obv concealed brag post. But I agree with the bolded part. Good post PMJ.
pmj posted after he went golfing with hellmuth, and the story got a lot of views. so i don't consider this a brag post since it is a well known story. I can try and find it if you want. more likely he's trying to one up me, saying hellmuth wont even respond to your emails gmanshade but he'll play 9 holes with me
I call them asshole friends, and yea, I think we all have them.When you mix a super ego with ultra competitive personality... asshole is the end result. And it doesn't necessarily make them a bad person (not the best either) but you deal with it and somehow call them friend.The worst part is when you beat them and think that it will somehow be satisfying... but no. They still find a way to rob you of that.EDIT: P.S. Go Phil, get #11!
wow...this seems personalis this with regard to me or someone else?
pmj posted after he went golfing with hellmuth, and the story got a lot of views. so i don't consider this a brag post since it is a well known story. I can try and find it if you want.
I was kidding....

Anyone know of anywhere other than pokernews and the like covering this? As it's an FT and pokernews' final table coverage has been awful so far due to the delay, cameras not working and loss of connection at times. Doesn't look like the audio will be on :club: .

I hope he does the 'I Think it's Time for Me to Make History' speech again, PH should be a writer for professional sportsmen evrywhere.Pokernews are the only website with the rights to live WSOP floor coverage.

Phil has got to be a 40-1 favorite here. Maybe 50-1He is so due this bracelet
Wish someone would have taken my bet.Man I layed you 50-1.

Phil Hellmuth has:1 braclet!2 bracelets!3 bracelets!4 bracelets!5 bracelets!6 bracelets!7 bracelets!8 bracelets!9 bracelets!10 bracelets!11 bracelets coming soon!