Random Entertainment Observations

So, let's start things off. Often I've wondered why Nic Cage has picked so many terrible movies the past few years. After starting his career off with a bang, with raising arizona and wild at heart, and occasionally having some great performances along the way ( leaving las vegas and adaptation) for hte most part, Nick Cage is in terrible blockbuster after terrible block buster. And today I read a story, where it finally came all together. He's a degenerate shopping addict. http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...ulsive-spender/

If you can dream it, Nic Cage bought it: yachts, a jet, a castle, over 50 cars, over a million dollars' worth of comic books, multiple (supposedly haunted) mansions in New Orleans, two Bahamanian islands, shrunken heads that may or may not have been human, and, famously, a $500k Lamborghini once owned by the Shah of Iran. Most amusingly, Cage spent $276,000 on a dinosaur skull in a "heated auction with Leonardo DiCaprio." And though the article has details about Cage's many pets -- claiming that he kept antidote serum on his wall for the poison of his two King Cobra
Apparently he's like 20 million in debt because of this nonsense. Obv he's been pumping out garbage to stay ahead of his bill collectors, and to keep hording more garbage.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

From his IMDB biography:Where Are They Now(August 2007) Bought the sprawling Gray Craig estate in Middletown for $15.7 million, a purchase price that ranks among the highest ever for a home in Rhode Island.(October 2008) He's selling the sprawling Gray Craig estate in Middletown, Rhode Island.It still boggles my mind that there was almost a Tim Burton directed, Nic Cage starring Superman movie. I can't even fathom what that would've been like.

I can't believe that Nic Cage was in Adaptation, that role is so out of his league. To be honest, I do feel as though I would enjoy that movie even more if there were a better actor in the lead role.
I really? I thought he was great on it. So many people mock nic cage, but I think he's mock worthy because of his role choices.. I think he is a really talented actor, who's just been in some bad movies.
I really? I thought he was great on it. So many people mock nic cage, but I think he's mock worthy because of his role choices.. I think he is a really talented actor, who's just been in some bad movies.
I think he overacts, but I still like him in certain roles. I liked Matchstick Men a lot.
I still really like the movie (Adaptation) and thought he did a good job in it, just think I might like it even more with someone else in the lead. I will be honest and admit that my opinion is based in part on the fact that his hair in that film makes me feel a bit nauseated. It was a horrible wig thing that looked like sparse ginger pubic hair.I enjoyed Matchstick Men. Pretty sure I have cried at the ending once or twice. I also like Face/Off, in an "its so bad its good" kinda way. I could eat a peach all day.
I also like Face/Off, in an "its so bad its good" kinda way. I could eat a peach all day.
Man, I love face off. I think it's one of travolta's best performances, actually ( I don't rate his acting high at all, fwiw). His impression of Cage's castor troy cracks me up.

LOL @ Cage "kicking off" his career with Raising Arizona and Wild at Heart.He was great in Valley Girl and OK in Rumble Fish long before those two.Face Off - John Woo is pretty awesomeI thought Snake Eyes was better if only because of the multiple point of view tracking shots. That really was masterful.Red Rock West was not bad. Sort of a mildly Coen Brothers feeling Film Noir.

this is supposed to be random! not about nic cage!mila kunisnatalie portmanjennifer anistonmandy moorescarlet johanssonkiera knightlyjessica bielmiley cyrusalyssa milanojennifer love hewitt jessica albaemma watsonrachel mcadamsall pretty hot females we got there. odds are pretty damn good though that at least one of them is taking a shit RIGHT NOW.

LOL @ Cage "kicking off" his career with Raising Arizona and Wild at Heart.He was great in Valley Girl and OK in Rumble Fish long before those two.Face Off - John Woo is pretty awesomeI thought Snake Eyes was better if only because of the multiple point of view tracking shots. That really was masterful.Red Rock West was not bad. Sort of a mildly Coen Brothers feeling Film Noir.
LOL yikes, fanboy, I didn't mean to step on your boyfriend's toes. I meant he used to be in good moves and good roles, and is in shit roles now. LOL @ valley girl being great, btw.
I thought Snake Eyes was better if only because of the multiple point of view tracking shots. That really was masterful.
Has there ever been a greater disparity between the first 15 minutes of a movie and the rest of it? Opening sequence - awesome. Everything else - steaming pile.
natalie portmanmila kuniskiera knightlyscarlet johanssonjessica albaalyssa milanoemma watsonrachel mcadamsjennifer love hewitt jennifer anistonjessica bielmiley cyrusmandy moore
I think that's the correct order.
LOL yikes, fanboy, I didn't mean to step on a Nic Cage's toes. I meant he used to be in good moves and good roles, and is in shit roles now. LOL @ valley girl being great, btw.
I guess that could make me look a little Cage "stalkerish"!I heard a commercial for a local hospital that claimed their drug and record tracking procedures could help avoid "situations like the one that nearly claimed the lives of Dennis Quaid's new born twins"Seems like a pretty lousy attempt to tie in your hospital to some famous guy's near tragedy.
I guess that could make me look a little Cage "stalkerish"!I heard a commercial for a local hospital that claimed their drug and record tracking procedures could help avoid "situations like the one that nearly claimed the lives of Dennis Quaid's new born twins"Seems like a pretty lousy attempt to tie in your hospital to some famous guy's near tragedy.
Jesus christ that's in poor taste. Kaiser permenente?

We're going to take your face...off.Take my face...off?Your face...off.Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good. I actually kind of like the fact that Cage does well in solid roles but totally mails it in when it comes to the shitty movies.Random...uh...oh, I'm not so sure about the new Portman/Gylenhal (sp)/Maguire (sp) movie. It seems like they can't even figure out how to correctly market it. I bet it's a decent film (I'm not sure I buy "ANGRY TOBEY"), but my guess is it won't do so well in theaters.

I was thinking of starting a 'What tv show are you watching' thread. Does that sound like a good/bad idea? Basically a thread for random tv observations, old shows you might be watching that don't have their own thread, or some new show that you're watching, whatever.

I was thinking of starting a 'What tv show are you watching' thread. Does that sound like a good/bad idea? Basically a thread for random tv observations, old shows you might be watching that don't have their own thread, or some new show that you're watching, whatever.
I've heard there is quite the interest in Miami Vice.
in which you'd like to watch them poop?
To do anything, Sal, to do anything.
Random...uh...oh, I'm not so sure about the new Portman/Gylenhal (sp)/Maguire (sp) movie. It seems like they can't even figure out how to correctly market it. I bet it's a decent film (I'm not sure I buy "ANGRY TOBEY"), but my guess is it won't do so well in theaters.
I want to see this movie.I used to get excited for the summer blockbuster movie season. Now I'm much more excited for the Oscar hopefuls movie season.