Yeah, only difference is, I can delete them! I'm just not going to entertain posters that clearly aren't here for healthy discussion, and instead, just want to get a rise out of me or others here in the forum.
Will this be a forum-wide policy or just here in the blog area? I'm for stamping out trolls and having mods that read the posts daily. And I think that's a great decision. Some advice: it's hard to read and not respond to people who are just baithing you; when you find one, use the Ignore function or the Ban - being as it is your forum....
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been difficult to make the necessary changes with the move and all. I still plan on living a more energy conscious lifestlye, but it will have to wait until I settle in to the new house, etc. As for global warming, I still see it as a major threat to our world.
That's, in my opinion, great news. Please stop by in one of the threads I'm not giving up on to get some ammunition for discussions on the topic.
It's been difficult to make the necessary changes with the move and all. I still plan on living a more energy conscious lifestlye, but it will have to wait until I settle in to the new house, etc. As for global warming, I still see it as a major threat to our world.
Thanks for your reply and I'm glad you still think like that. I just worry people's feelings die down after a few weeks have passed after watching things like An Inconvenient Truth. Mind you, all you have to do is look at any respectable news site these days to see the overwhelming evidence. IMO the bbc is possibly the most respected in the world and there are alarming articles regarding this problem pretty much daily. Everytime I read one I am tempted to post a link on some of the threads here but I gave up a while ago on arguing this issue on this forum. I applaud Zeatrix's patience and persistence with it as I found it impossible to reason with a lot of people here.As for living a more energy conscoius lifestyle (something everyone should do regardless of stance on GW) it'd be amazing to make big changes like getting better cars and stuff but even small changes like using less electricity and recycling is a great step and no big hassle to anyone. I know in the UK in the last 2 years or so we've got loads better and now have collections with normal garbage collections that take recycled goods and we are provided with certain bins/trash cans for certain materials. I've just come back from Japan where literally ALL garbage is separated and recycled. Even their bins on the street are separated for plastic bottles, cans, etc. Put's most countries to shame.

This is rather hypocritical. You posted a negative 'blog' about Ram Vaswani. As a result there has been some responses.The post was controversial and negative...........are you going to delete it?You cannot state that you only have one side of a story, as you did, and expect this to qualify a derogatory post.The consensus of opinion on UK sites is that you made a mistake, can you rectify this?Questions that have been raised ... did Ivey know you were posting?.Did you expect your blog to help the situation?.Do you accept you may have made an error in posting?.Once Ivey had decieved, not by ommision but to a direct question, do you think the wager stands?.There seems to be a clash in personal values/standards between the parties involved, therefore it is up to them to sort it out. Abusive and racist posts should be deleted, and of course you can choose which posts to respond to, as can anyone else, I findyour recent posts rather bizarre, are you OK Danny?.

This is rather hypocritical. You posted a negative 'blog' about Ram Vaswani. As a result there has been some responses.The post was controversial and negative...........are you going to delete it?You cannot state that you only have one side of a story, as you did, and expect this to qualify a derogatory post.The consensus of opinion on UK sites is that you made a mistake, can you rectify this?Questions that have been raised ... did Ivey know you were posting?.Did you expect your blog to help the situation?.Do you accept you may have made an error in posting?.Once Ivey had decieved, not by ommision but to a direct question, do you think the wager stands?.There seems to be a clash in personal values/standards between the parties involved, therefore it is up to them to sort it out. Abusive and racist posts should be deleted, and of course you can choose which posts to respond to, as can anyone else, I findyour recent posts rather bizarre, are you OK Danny?.
Why are you hijacking this thread with this bs? It's people like you why the new rules are in place.There's already 20 threads about that Welching bloke Ram Vaswani.

It's a pertinent post. I qualified my position and ask reasonable questions.Danny posted a negative about Ram and now states he will not respond to negative posts. This is hypocracy.It is easy to call another a welcher, in fact you have made my point for me.The original post by Danny about the incident was puerile and ill conceived, has he the nuts to reply?.

Yeah, only difference is, I can delete them! I'm just not going to entertain posters that clearly aren't here for healthy discussion, and instead, just want to get a rise out of me or others here in the forum.
I could be in real trouble.
Dude. It is his house.Wipe your feet.
dam you now the good people are going to miss my witty post.If you missed it then go back and see it. I cant promise it is funny but i can promise that i tried really hard to make it so.
Dude if you would have paid attention to the thread and read DN's responses, he stated that he will still post in controversial threads as long as the discussion maintains a healthy and productive atmosphere. He doesn't mind being disagreed with, but he is simply no longer going to give people the time of day when they do it in a disrespectful manner. These people are not helping the thread, but just trying to cause trouble and stir up bad feelings. Probably people like you. Stop postingAnd I didn't find anything witty or remotely humorous about your post.
Why would anyone ever disagree with me?I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!! In all seriousness, I actually do enjoy having healthy, civil debates on a wide range of topics. It's rare to find those types of discussions online as things tend to turn nasty rather quickly. Having said that, I'll just delete the nast ones, lol.
:club: J/KYou know better than anyone here that it's better to ignore the worthless, negative, insulting stuff and focus on those of us who :D you. I think that's the attitude one should take not only here, but in life, too. Why entertain the negative opinions of people who don't care about you?
:club: J/KYou know better than anyone here that it's better to ignore the worthless, negative, insulting stuff and focus on those of us who :D you. I think that's the attitude one should take not only here, but in life, too. Why entertain the negative opinions of people who don't care about you?
QFT, nh nikki
It's a pertinent post. I qualified my position and ask reasonable questions.Danny posted a negative about Ram and now states he will not respond to negative posts. This is hypocracy.It is easy to call another a welcher, in fact you have made my point for me.The original post by Danny about the incident was puerile and ill conceived, has he the nuts to reply?.
who the heck danny ??? i think you may mean daniel he's name is daniel not danny d ick smack
That's encouraged! You are part of the "in crowd" it's the "others" that need to pay their dues before they can start pressing other people's buttons. You have carte blanche, lol.
Everyone......be afraidbe very afraid
Everyone......be afraidbe very afraid
Yeppers...Lock up all of your livestock.
This is rather hypocritical. You posted a negative 'blog' about Ram Vaswani. As a result there has been some responses.The post was controversial and negative...........are you going to delete it? NOThe consensus of opinion on UK sites is that you made a mistake, can you rectify this? POSSIBLYQuestions that have been raised ... did Ivey know you were posting?. YESDid you expect your blog to help the situation?. YESDo you accept you may have made an error in posting?. NOT REALLY, BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW SOME MIGHT SEE IT THAT WAY.Once Ivey had decieved, not by ommision but to a direct question, do you think the wager stands?. THIS IS A LIE. HE DID NOT DECIEVE. HOWEVER, TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, IF IVEY WERE TO DECIEVE HE WOULD BE A JERK AND A HUSTLER... BUT WOULD STILL BE OWED EVERY PENNY. IT'S THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BETTORS TO EITHER EXCEPT WHAT AN OPPONENT IS TELLING THEM, TAKING THEM AT THEIR WORD, OR TO INVESTIGATE IT ON THEIR OWN. HAD IVEY LOST $500,000 YET LATER THE OTHERS FOUND THAT HE "LIED" ABOUT HIS HANDICAP, WOULD THAT MEAN THAT IVEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE CONSIDERED A FREEROLL. IF YOU WIN, IT'S FAIR, IF YOU LOSE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY.There seems to be a clash in personal values/standards between the parties involved, therefore it is up to them to sort it out. Abusive and racist posts should be deleted, and of course you can choose which posts to respond to, as can anyone else, I findyour recent posts rather bizarre, are you OK Danny?.
I'm just fine thank you. I spoke with Phil today and they are working on getting some arbitrators to settle the dispute. I don't believe it's going to make any difference at all, as no high stakes golfer will say anything other than Phil is owed the full amount.
Hey man....leave me outta this. :club:
I'm just fine thank you. I spoke with Phil today and they are working on getting some arbitrators to settle the dispute. I don't believe it's going to make any difference at all, as no high stakes golfer will say anything other than Phil is owed the full amount.
I know both Ram and Phil pretty well and would consider them friends, I do not know Marc as well but he has always been good to me and I do not know Phil’s caddy/ coach. A few things I do know Phil Ivey does not know what his true handicap is as he does not post scoresPhil truly believes that he won the money fair and square so the thought of cheating has never crossed his mind. Phil has also lost and paid his golf losses when he clearly had the worst of it. Ram honestly believes he was hustled and does not owe Phil anything and I do not know what Marc or Phil partner thinks.Trying to get an extra stroke IS part of the American golf game for the most part and the term “most golf matches are won on the first tee box is an accurate statement”I would arbitrate this for them but I don’t think either of them would like my ruling.Matt Savage
http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopi...c&start=195
:club: nice one daniel. It's clear you no little if anything about gambling/etiquette in golf, neither you nor your poker playing/would be golfer friends are correct on this subject. It would pay you to not comment on a subject before speaking to some real high stakes golfers (with much more experience)...When it comes to betting in golf, the poor judgement or gamble element of the losing player (if he/she is dominated) is acceptable, NOT on a misrepresentation of facts from a lying participant in what is considered to be a friendly game with wagering. That is flat out dishonorable and should not be respected (which you should no, ask your pro golfers). Check back to the days of the real golf hustlers, men like Titanic and Butch Baird (who is still alive, look him up) who knew what was acceptable, and not once will you see a wager made on the basis of a flat out, face to face lie. It is always based with a challenge or care free attitude of a player. Phil Ivey has now been shown to be dishonourable and ONLY his friends will support him. I stand by Ram's decision 100%....as will all big betting golfers.

You must have mistaken Daniel for one of your putt putt golf friends.This is the golf with the little cars that you're not old enough to drive.Understandable mistake though.I'm sure you just didn't no

Thanks for your reply and I'm glad you still think like that. I just worry people's feelings die down after a few weeks have passed after watching things like An Inconvenient Truth. Mind you, all you have to do is look at any respectable news site these days to see the overwhelming evidence. IMO the bbc is possibly the most respected in the world and there are alarming articles regarding this problem pretty much daily. Everytime I read one I am tempted to post a link on some of the threads here but I gave up a while ago on arguing this issue on this forum. I applaud Zeatrix's patience and persistence with it as I found it impossible to reason with a lot of people here.As for living a more energy conscoius lifestyle (something everyone should do regardless of stance on GW) it'd be amazing to make big changes like getting better cars and stuff but even small changes like using less electricity and recycling is a great step and no big hassle to anyone. I know in the UK in the last 2 years or so we've got loads better and now have collections with normal garbage collections that take recycled goods and we are provided with certain bins/trash cans for certain materials. I've just come back from Japan where literally ALL garbage is separated and recycled. Even their bins on the street are separated for plastic bottles, cans, etc. Put's most countries to shame.
bold area #1....LMAO if you think there is such a thing.Bold area #2 and 3....uhhh, yeah...we've been doing this in most cities in the US for damn near 10 years at least. Easy on the liberal use of the word "most" when the UK is WAY behind the "evil, resource depleting, ozone eating US of A"But thanks for playing.
Well considering I have a handicap of 11 at the moment i'm pretty sure i can hold my own on this subject...
Not trying to be a di.ck but do you really think you are a good golfer? 11 handicap on a easy par 72 course will shoot 83. Thats not too good.