I'm sure a lot of you guys watched the episode last night from Foxwoods. I wonder if you guys were as angry as I was about Tuan Le, the guy who won it. Man, he was terrible. I felt so bad for Bradley Berman because I don't know how you overvalue AK as Tuan did, especially since he picked a fight with the guy second in chips to him. Isn't it a cardinal sin to pick fights with big stacks, just in case you do run into a monster? I mean Berman seemed to be playing tight, so I don't know what was in his mind. He had to figure with Berman,, he was, AT BEST a coin flip, maybe in worse shap but definitely not ahead.,., i don't seem the rationale behind his 1.5 million reraise. His card catching was unbelievable last night, but on a side note- didn't Tuan and the guy he ended up playing heads up give a clinic for the basic of all tells. I swear every time they were strong, they acted weak and everytime there were weak they acted strong. It was like watching amateurs battle it out in a 20 dollar home game tourney.

Temp did not have a very stony face and Tuan like to bark raises with weak cards. Tuan must have had a horseshoe up his censored !

I'll go ALL-IN that we never see either of those two again ever unless it's on a re-run of this episode. I wanted to see Tran, Pham, Brenes and Berman duel it out. The other two were a nuisance to good poker

Tuan is an excellent player and is a protege of Barry Greenstein. He is extremely aggressive and there were many hands that we didn't see where he was jsut running the table

If he is, I don't think you could get many current pros to rate his overall performance last night as anything but poor. I understand there were a plethora of hands played outside the tv spotlight, but many of the hands shown on TV were pivotal, and thus, very indicative of how he played on the whole.

I felt so bad for Bradley Berman because I don't know how you overvalue AK as Tuan did, especially since he picked a fight with the guy second in chips to him.
He overvalues 8-4 also.
Tuan is an excellent player and is a protege of Barry Greenstein. He is extremely aggressive and there were many hands that we didn't see where he was jsut running the table
I believe he must be decent to have gotten to the final table, but EVERY hand shown was embarassing. The guy was raising every hand, which I'm sure won him some blinds and antes that were not shown, but he refused to lay anything down. He should have been down to 200k twice, and both times got extremely lucky to draw out. It pissed me off that he won.But then again, the table talk from the guy who placed 2nd was annoying also.
I believe he must be decent to have gotten to the final table, but EVERY hand shown was embarassing. The guy was raising every hand, which I'm sure won him some blinds and antes that were not shown, but he refused to lay anything down. He should have been down to 200k twice, and both times got extremely lucky to draw out. It censored me off that he won.But then again, the table talk from the guy who placed 2nd was annoying also.
would you ever be pissed off if Amir Vahedi won like that, cause that's how Amir plays too. Barry said on 2+2 that there was a ton we didn't see where Tuan was just cutting them to bits
I believe he must be decent to have gotten to the final table, but EVERY hand shown was embarassing. The guy was raising every hand, which I'm sure won him some blinds and antes that were not shown, but he refused to lay anything down. He should have been down to 200k twice, and both times got extremely lucky to draw out. It censored me off that he won.But then again, the table talk from the guy who placed 2nd was annoying also.
So basically you're saying he plays alot like Gus, who has won a few of those himself. I agree he played overplayed AK horribly but with blinds and antes that high you have to take some chances. His frequesnt raises gave him extra chips to gamble with. He got lucky to win, but it takes luck. Look at last week 99 vs 22, look at DN's win a few weeks ago A2 vs QQ and a flop of x22. Alot of tourneys come down to who gets lucky at the end.
I felt so bad for Bradley Berman because I don't know how you overvalue AK as Tuan did, especially since he picked a fight with the guy second in chips to him.
He overvalues 8-4 also.
I was going to say that too. Of all the hands that Tuan played, I have a hard time believing that the OP picked the one where Tuan wouldn't lay down A-K four-handed as the one most worthy of criticism.

I know it's r@cist but I think it's an Asian thing. Not even necessarily bad. They just don't admit defeat, and if you're in a hand with one where they have equity they aren't gonna give it up too easily. They even like to play those underdog hands cause in the poker game of like they are underdogs.

the 84 wasn't HORRIBLY played. It wasn't played great, but you could argue that every move he did had was reasonable that hand.Raised on the button- nothing wrong with thatGot reraised- wasn't a huge reraise, most people woulda folded, but it isn't a HORRIBLE callcalled the all in- this was an ok call if he really did put him on 2 high cards. Of course it was a horrible call if the guy had a made pair higher then an 8, but he appearantly made a decent read and called. A chance to take him out and become a hugestack heads up, and he had 10 outs.

the 84 wasn't HORRIBLY played. It wasn't played great, but you could argue that every move he did had was reasonable that hand.Raised on the button- nothing wrong with thatGot reraised- wasn't a huge reraise, most people woulda folded, but it isn't a HORRIBLE callcalled the all in- this was an ok  call if he really did put him on 2 high cards. Of course it was a horrible call if the guy had a made pair higher then an 8, but he appearantly made a decent read and called. A chance to take him out and become a hugestack heads up, and he had 10 outs.
The call on the flop was actually correct if he put the guy on two high cards. I agree there. But the raise Temp made, though not huge, was also significant because it pot-committed him to the hand. Tuan had to know that the guy wasn't laying his hand down on the flop no matter what came. There were pretty much no implied odds either because Temp just didn't have anywhere near enough to make it worth gambling to hit a big flop. I didn't really have as big a problem as one might initially think with the flop call, but pre-flop? Yeah, it was bad.
the 84 wasn't HORRIBLY played. It wasn't played great, but you could argue that every move he did had was reasonable that hand.Raised on the button- nothing wrong with thatGot reraised- wasn't a huge reraise, most people woulda folded, but it isn't a HORRIBLE callcalled the all in- this was an ok call if he really did put him on 2 high cards. Of course it was a horrible call if the guy had a made pair higher then an 8, but he appearantly made a decent read and called. A chance to take him out and become a hugestack heads up, and he had 10 outs.
The call on the flop was actually correct if he put the guy on two high cards. I agree there. But the raise Temp made, though not huge, was also significant because it pot-committed him to the hand. Tuan had to know that the guy wasn't laying his hand down on the flop no matter what came. There were pretty much no implied odds either because Temp just didn't have anywhere near enough to make it worth gambling to hit a big flop. I didn't really have as big a problem as one might initially think with the flop call, but pre-flop? Yeah, it was bad.
Tuan knew temp was pot commited, but tuan could have gotten away from it post flop if the flop was like akq or something like that, so he figured he can make the call preflop, and if the flop is good, he can call and try to bust him, and if the flop is bad he can still fold it.

I agree that Temp played about as good as he could for being an amateur. He never rushed himself, he always took the time to think, granted it was kinda annoying to hear him trying to put his opponents on a specific hand, but he really didn't make any awful moves. The cards just didn't hold up at the end. Tuan reminded me of a John Juanda starter kit that was missing a couple parts.

Tuan knew temp was pot commited, but tuan could have gotten away from it post flop if the flop was like akq or something like that, so he figured he can make the call preflop, and if the flop is good, he can call and try to bust him, and if the flop is bad he can still fold it.
Meh, still a bad call IMO pre-flop. There was an upside though. Temp didn't have nearly enough to really hurt Tuan anyway and the remaining players are going to be scared as heck to ever try and bluff Tuan from then on.

how can u actually be angry about the way tuan played??????did you lose any money?? do you really think that gambling in this game is a cardinal sin?? gambling with big drawing hands like AK is just what the big stack allows you to do. if tuan had had the kings and berman had the AK, would you be angry about berman getting lucky?? no. you just hate to see people get knocked out when they had the best hand. just because you get all your chips in with the best hand, doesnt mean you are entitled to win. sure tuan made a bad call, but how can that make you angry?? this is poker and that stuff happens constantly, even at final tables. no one is entitled to win any given hand, no matter how bad is opponent played. berman made like 470 grand and is daddy probably pads his bankroll anyway.whoever said tuan le is a calling station doesnt know jack. i have seen tuan le play cash games, and his is very aggressive, raising every other pot and seeing a lot of flops. can you think of any other players that employ this style? gus, daniel, ivey, flack....and how can u say that tuan played horribly?? did you see the foxwoods final table? no you saw like 16 hands edited down for television. the WPT only shows 3 types of hands, allins, bluffs, and bad beats, and thats it.and BTW, tuan probably wouldnt have called if berman hadnt hesitated when tuan asked him how much he had left.

It wasn't great poker to watch last night, but Humberto is hilarious. I'm glad we get to see a much better table next week, and Humberto.
Yeahhhhhhhh, next weeeeeek. Can you believe Negreanu has 6.8 and rest average less than 1????? This is crazy impressive.

Yes the pre flop call with 84 was bad but not disasterous (spelling?) and the flop ofcouse wasn't bad he had ten outs. Pushing with AK there is really not a gamble he needed to take probably . but really AK vs KK is nearly only 2 to 1. Not as big as an underdog as some might think. Tuan Le is supposeldy a big cash game player. He's got a lot of gamble in him and AK is neck and neck with any hand except kings and aces and near 2 to 1 with Kings. He might of got Bradley off any other hand except KK or Aces for the exact reason you state which is not to get involved with the big stacks. Many pros play AK this way, hek some play even AQ this way. As for tells I thought Tuan look as a confident with an 84 as he did with AK. But Temp was a open book but still played well betting wise. Another thing since Tuan is so aggressive with weaker hands and he knows they know this. He has a reasonable reason to believe that Bradley is making a play on him because Tuan could easily be playing 8 4. I actually thought his reraise of David Phan with A 4 was questionable as he is risking doubling up a very dangerous player with a weak hand.

I agree that Temp played about as good as he could for being an amateur. He never rushed himself, he always took the time to think, granted it was kinda annoying to hear him trying to put his opponents on a specific hand, but he really didn't make any awful moves. The cards just didn't hold up at the end. Tuan reminded me of a John Juanda starter kit that was missing a couple parts.
Yea Temp was quite possibly the most irritating player to ever witness on WPT - "what could you have what could you have what could you have" There's a difference between pro-talk and "I see pros talk so I like to talk" talk. and his *SIGH... there's a club.. I guess I'll bet half a million" that was probably the worst attempt at getting called ever. & That a-7 hand was marginal @ best - to call 1.2 million with a critical card exposed - if he thinks brenes has a bigger ace he has TWO outs - if he thinks he has a pair above 7's he has THREE even if he thinks it's an underpair I think it's still a horrid call.