Why I Hate Online Poker.

I use barrygreenstein.com's 1-10 scale, he rates other pros...I guess your selfrating of 8 tells us what you think of yourself, which is of somewhat use... lol.Are you really better than most of the pros on that site who score 7 or less?Another variation of insults/attitude that are hard to understand in B&M play is this concept of emphasizing 'respect' as in, "he respected my raise" or "I'll teach him to respect my blinds" ...I never understand my friends when they get emotional about that concept.It's far better to just do your thinking in a detached manner all the time.Less stressful... I don't know how to teach that... any suggestions?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i rate myself 8 at the stakes and events I put myself in...higher stakes, i'm probably outclassed..I'm in a genesis of a new approach to how I play and tweaking my game, and remain untested at higher levels.

no i rate myself 8 at the stakes and events I put myself in...higher stakes, i'm probably outclassed..I'm in a genesis of a new approach to how I play and tweaking my game, and remain untested at higher levels.
Probably outclassed? dude, judging by many of your posts you would get crushed at any stakes higher then 0.25/0.50Right now, I think you have too much of a narrow mind to poker. Once you open up your mind and realize there are a gajillion ways to do a gazillion things in poker you will be alright.The fact your rate yourself an 8 shows you are very narrow minded about poker. You dont even realize how many things you are forgetting about, because you dont even know they exist.I have never seen you play, but by reading posts of various hands you have played I would say you are more like a 4-5 out of 10. even at those micro limits. This doesnt mean you wont win money, it just means you are playing more ABC poker then you might want to believe
Probably outclassed? dude, judging by many of your posts you would get crushed at any stakes higher then 0.25/0.50Right now, I think you have too much of a narrow mind to poker. Once you open up your mind and realize there are a gajillion ways to do a gazillion things in poker you will be alright.The fact your rate yourself an 8 shows you are very narrow minded about poker. You dont even realize how many things you are forgetting about, because you dont even know they exist.I have never seen you play, but by reading posts of various hands you have played I would say you are more like a 4-5 out of 10. even at those micro limits. This doesnt mean you wont win money, it just means you are playing more ABC poker then you might want to believe

I've often pondered about this dilemma, where do I best hone my skills?Whether it be badminton, chess, many sports or poker, if you play the WITH the best possible people and/or sports equipment (a badminton pro for instance told me to START with the best racquet I could afford if I was serious) you improve faster...So it makes sense to me to play $10 and $20 MTTS tightly rather than the equivalent lower stakes cash game (also given the rake situation) to facethe best players for your money.

Complaining or getting upset about losing to someone who put their money behind is as stupid as getting upset when you win the lottery and find out you have to split it. it just doesn't make sense.

Lol, that's one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Oh no, abba made fun of somebody, he has a low self esteem and is a bad person.
Well, abbadbaaddoddohead is an asshole, a lot.And gay.But he tells the truth
Well, abbadbaaddoddohead is an asshole, a lot.And gay.But he tells the truth
Shrug he may be assholeish, but he's usually rightedit: this post is 100% showstopper, and it's friday...and i'm here. i hate myself
ya know what I find particularly humorous is that I've read numerous hands from many different people here. I comment on some of them how I would have played em, and see if my play is wrong and look for a way to improve. Never once do I tell anyone that I think they know nothing of poker, are narrow minded about poker. In the end, everyone has their own strategy and opinion on poker, and in my eyes...the only right way to play poker is a way that you are consistently winning at. If my style was consistently losing me money, you might have a case. I think that you are very narrow-minded if you think you can evaluate someones skill off what they type, and a few hands here and there that they post about. What I said about being an 8 out of 10 stands. I don't feel the need to defend my evaluation any further. Now, is there anything else you'd like to double post about?
ya know what I find particularly humorous is that I've read numerous hands from many different people here. I comment on some of them how I would have played em, and see if my play is wrong and look for a way to improve. Never once do I tell anyone that I think they know nothing of poker, are narrow minded about poker. In the end, everyone has their own strategy and opinion on poker, and in my eyes...the only right way to play poker is a way that you are consistently winning at. If my style was consistently losing me money, you might have a case. I think that you are very narrow-minded if you think you can evaluate someones skill off what they type, and a few hands here and there that they post about. What I said about being an 8 out of 10 stands. I don't feel the need to defend my evaluation any further. Now, is there anything else you'd like to double post about?
Respectfully, and as a peer on a forum for learning, I have to agree that on the balance of probabilities, themainevent has made a good observation.He didn't say you 'knew nothing of poker', he said you are less than an 8, that leaves 6 and 7 as above average,even winning, albeit at micro stakes (so what).If you or others can elaborate on the bold parts above it would help shed some light.I'll perhaps do that in a few hours, I'm in a middle of a rebuy tourney.Think of Kramer dominating the kids' dojo, and you are on the right track. :club:

its come to the point where I really don't care what other people rate me on this forum, so go deep in your tournament and don't bother wasting time justifying main or your post. It will fall on deaf ears.

Wassup yo. I'm the new kid in town, boy.. u need to give respect yo.Holla to all my fans!Peace out.Ryland.
Why did I make my Id ErikRyland"1" instead of Erik Ryland lolz yo
its come to the point where I really don't care what other people rate me on this forum, so go deep in your tournament and don't bother wasting time justifying main or your post. It will fall on deaf ears.
Did you hear about the hockey fan who attended live games with a blindfold and ear plugs?He did the same thing in his psychiatrist's office.Go figure...

the original post was about how to not let someone get at ya in tournament play...not whether or not random people could figure out my skill level from posts on a forum.

the original post was about how to not let someone get at ya in tournament play...not whether or not random people could figure out my skill level from posts on a forum.
Riddle: What did the patient, the hockey fan and the poker player have in common?Answer: Anger
Might help to think of the thread as a test case. This forum has a lot of good players on it, lots of experience and good ideas. I always think it's too bad no one can have a dscussion about poker without some trollhead having to tell the OP or some other poster what a donk they are. But it is good practice for the tables.

yah I probably shouldn't have even entertained the retarded posts with comments. I just have a huge problem with arrogant people and if I see an opportunity to put them in their place...I seize it. This intolerance only translates to people who don't know me and think that they can make a judgement of me off a couple hands I've posted and a leak in my game I'm trying to plug. I won't be obliging further posts critiquing my play unless the poster actually sits and watches me play. The End.