Why I Hate Online Poker.

Might help to think of the thread as a test case. This forum has a lot of good players on it, lots of experience and good ideas. I always think it's too bad no one can have a dscussion about poker without some trollhead having to tell the OP or some other poster what a donk they are. But it is good practice for the tables.
I don't think themainevent was trolling, I think he was being constructive.The OP has a problem with X.Others suggest that he should think about Y and Z.The OP insists that Y and Z have nothing to do about X.Moreover, being an eight out of ten at the 'white belt' level is sillywhen you eventually want to be a six or more at the black belt level, that explains the Kramer reference. I don't think telling themainevent that he (or I) is a troll will matter, it is falling on deaf ears and he will ignore it.See, that's what forums are for, posting and then ignoring the Y and the Zs... now does everyone understand?Or do I have to politely, succinctly, cryptically and humorously explain it some other way?
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yah I probably shouldn't have even entertained the retarded posts with comments. I just have a huge problem with arrogant people and if I see an opportunity to put them in their place...I seize it. This intolerance only translates to people who don't know me and think that they can make a judgement of me off a couple hands I've posted and a leak in my game I'm trying to plug. I won't be obliging further posts critiquing my play unless the poster actually sits and watches me play. The End.
Wow

I recall being flustered after posting and Rocketwadster and some others seemed to always disagree with my play. And also that all posters would join in and agree with whoever disagreed with me. blah blah blah...man up and quit the personal stuff. You'll figure out that you have more to learn than you see; and others will learn that you know more than they think.

The moral of the story is I've gleaned all pertinent information to the topic originally posted...I give respect to those that are respectful, the rest.....well they'll figure it out.

Or do I have to politely, succinctly, cryptically and humorously explain it some other way?
Wasn't referring to a specific post here. I do think that learning not to react to ad hom on message boards is good practice for handling trash talk at the tables.I also think there would be better discussion and people would ask more questions if the insults were stopped. No such thing as a stupid question, no one learns by osmosis - people get to ask and have a question answered in a straightforward manner. That doesn't happen here very often. But then with the mod who told me they hadn't checked their area because of too much homework for the last few days and another one who posts under multiple SNs to support his own advice, I can see why there might be issues with a lot of trash posts cluttering up otherwise useful threads. . I'll never figure out what it is that makes people think they should "defend" some other poster as if they haven't got the ability to speak for themselves. The origin of half the bar brawls in the world.
and another one who posts under multiple SNs to support his own advice, I can see why there might be issues with a lot of trash posts cluttering up otherwise useful threads. .
Hey,I thought we had a connectionWhy aren't you posting in LHE Strategy anymore?Oh.. and you have me really curious about the mod(s)