Why I Hate Online Poker.

I'm sure this happens live from time to time as well, but its like a day to day occurance with me online. Your fairly deep in a tourney, and someone just makes the absolute worse call ever and bad beats you into a coma. Lately I've been doing pretty well with the whole "thats poker" and just letting it go. Every now and then I type my disbelief, such as wtf? or thats fkkn sick. etc, etc. Usually the deliverer of the bad beat doesn't say anything cuz they know they made a bad call and got lucky, but, every so often you get sat at a table where the offender defends their action with the most retarded statements known to man. That really doesn't bother me all that much, and sometimes I mess with them for a little while after. The people that absolutely I wish I could play live are the ones that start quoting my tournament history. When they start doing that, I offer to play em HU to settle it. Today the one i tussled with said he plays tournaments, not bingo. I'm the first to admit my tourney record isn't all that stellar, I also don't think its all that bad considering what stakes I play and the fact that it isn't the only account I play on. I might be wrong in saying this but I really think its alot more difficult to FT at the low stakes tourneys than it is to at higher stakes. For 1, you gotta dodge alot more "slot machine" players. Secondly, the fields are usually alot bigger. The more I think about it the more I come to the realization that if I took a bad beat and commented, such as "thats awful" or whatever.(depending on the severity). Isn't it just classier to shut yer cakehole if you delivered the bad beat and say sorry, or yah that was pretty sick. Instead of mocking the person you just sucked out on and telling em they suck at poker, thats why they lost? I'm not a tough guy, but I swear, if one of these snot-nosed online jockeys ever said half the chit they say to me online, live. There might be a little bit of a ruckus. I consider myself a 8 on a scale of 1-10 in poker playing, and it just irritates the hell out of me when you do everything right...(raise to take odds away, etc, etc) and someone clips ya and then says what a shitty poker player you are making it seem as though their play was standard.("yah i'm sposed to suckout on ya didn't ya know that?") I'm wondering if anyone else gets a lil riled by this and what they do to take it down a notch. That being said, thats the only thing i hate about online poker.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh, to be honest.. i think everyone F'ing hates losing. I especially hate losing online, to horrible players.but, I've also made lots of money from those doosh's.i suggest. chill. learn to smoke weed. or buy a punching bag

Yes, in lower stake tourneys I think it is harder to make the money, but if you can get into the money, it's a cakewalk from there.. With the higher blinds, players are tighter than a virgin, and it's very east to steal pots and build a big stack..

Yes, in lower stake tourneys I think it is harder to make the money, but if you can get into the money, it's a cakewalk from there.. With the higher blinds, players are tighter than a virgin, and it's very east to steal pots and build a big stack..
sw?

yah I agree donk, I just had to vent a little, and see what other people do or if they get annoyed by the same stuff. I know getting pissed off completely throws my game off, and for the most part I don't sweat it....but occasionally there is one doosh bag that hits the right button. 1. weed is not an option, i'm an old timer and have paid my dues to the drug world. lol

lol..ok. i actually read the thread now.. just so you know, I recently came back to playing online monday. i was off it for a few months, needed a break.i came back with 30 bucks. to play low limiti've played like 5 4.40's 180 man MTT's on stars and i've made a FT in 5th, and the money 3 other times. bubbled once, and about 50th another.Its not the bad players who prevent you from cashing. its you

i've played two MTTs in 2 days money once, half way through the field today.
dude, honestly.. u need to play waaay more to forget it, or u need to learn how to accept the fact that online. people sometimes, just dont care. they can sign in and out and go and do what they please in whatever tourney or cash game they can afford
i've played two MTTs in 2 days money once, half way through the field today.
If your going to play MTT's you are going to have to learn to accept failure. In order to get through a large field you have to play well and have a little luck so its understandable that retarted things happen. Many players just cry donkey everytime they lose, but often (and I'm not saying your doing this) they are not adjusting to the style that is best against these weaker fields and use luck as a crutch. Listen to some calming music, smoke weed or kick a dog or something

thanks silk, just out of curiousity....whats considered successful at MTTs, especially donkey derbys..Also i had a friend suggest just killin the table chat when i'm in a tourney.

thanks silk, just out of curiousity....whats considered successful at MTTs, especially donkey derbys..Also i had a friend suggest just killin the table chat when i'm in a tourney.
you should use your ROI (return on investment) to determine where you are at. Obviously if you are negative over a large sample size then your not doing to well. It all depends on what your are trying to accomplish. Im not sure what a target would be, maybe some other posters have some target ranges. go check out the MTT strat section and you should be able to learn a lot there.Killing the table chat may help you concentrate, but you can sometimes pick up valuable information for instance I would'nt have known that the player ALLIN's mother fornicates with goats.

alright, now that you mention it not so much about the goat f**ker, but I have gotten some reads off peoples chats...I'll just have to relax a lil and not let the banter get to me.

What you need to do is realize that you know very little about poker, and instead of focusing on others poor play, focus on your own.
Lol, well this thread didn't go exactly as planned..what i've learned: I know little of poker, how we came to this conclusion...i may never know.
I just started playing online again after I discovered I had abandoned .85 cents on an account. This isn't a brag post, its just about my strategy with hardly any money. That .85 cents is 2 weeks later at 50 dollars. I play one MTT for a 1.10 rebuy...and I don't buy in for more than 3 dollars..If I go out before the bubble I go to a .01/.02 and grind out the buy in. Before, i would enter another MTT or SNGs trying to get it back, and that usually ended up in my roll dropping very fast. Now I take shots at SNG's for a dollar, or MTTs for a dollar and if I don't cash, I get the buy in back through micro limit cash games. I don't enter another tourney til I've recouped. Its worked well so far.
What you need to do is realize that you know very little about poker, and instead of focusing on others poor play, focus on your own.
Owned? Also completely true of like 99.9% of people here, including myself I'm sure.

Yeah, well your best bet is to not even read it: you can't get upset at what you don't see. Even if you're basically an *sshole like I am, it won't kill you to act like a gentleman for once. I always apologize when I suck out on someone, nothing (or something light-hearted) when I get a bad beat, "nh" when I lose, "gg" when I bust, and throw compliments around when people play well. It doesn't hurt anything and you save yourself a whole lot of stomach acid. Let it all go... ideally, five minutes after the game is over, you won't be holding any grudges.That's one of the rock-solid best things about playing online: being absolutely impervious to immature, catty jerks--and not having to risk turning into a bigger one yourself than you already are. Turn up your music, kick back with a Monster Lo Carb, and have fun outplaying the hell of everybody. That's the plan, anyway! :club:

thanks for the repost, i had entirely forgotten what I said.EDIT: yah Herman, i guess i just need a thicker skin...sorry didn't see your post before I wrote the response to the quotes.

Are you from Key West ? Or is it your name ? I always wondered what your screenname meant.From your OP, you said when you make a wise comment, they go off on defending their play. Couldn't you avoid this by not tapping the glass ? No one likes losing, but we do want those players to continue to make those loose calls.

Lol, well this thread didn't go exactly as planned..what i've learned: I know little of poker, how we came to this conclusion...i may never know.
People who are good have lots of money to console them when they lose.People who suck post on internet message boards looking for sympathy.
Are you from Key West ? Or is it your name ? I always wondered what your screenname meant.
no its my first initial, half of my last name and a clever tie in to poker.ABBA - it wasn't for sympathy, it was blowing off a little steam, and seeing how other people deal with anger/frustration and get back into a focused state. (which i'm practicing right now)