I'm not big on cash games, i'm more of a tournament player. However there's nothing like winning a bot pot in a cash game. Lately i moved up a couple of levels and am now playing .50/1$ blinds. I've build my backroll from 10$ to 190$ in about 2 weeks which i think is good. Anyway my biggest problem is that when i play a cash game, if the blinds are small i have no patients, and if the blinds are higher i play to tight. So i thought i would play a little looser in the .50/1$ cash game tonight and i almost blow most of my bankroll, I guess i really thought i could get my appoinent to fold....anyway here's the hand. I feel like i played the hand alittle to much like gus hansen without the talent. I thought i could semi-bluff the flop with my gut-shot but he kept callin, so ikept firing the bullets lolPokerStars Game #9227181527: Hold'em Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/04/03 - 03:47:26 (ET)Table 'Tombaugh' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: MaddogRich ($142.90 in chips) Seat 2: DaveBowman ($72.85 in chips) Seat 3: genan ($18 in chips) Seat 4: gg0101 ($133.30 in chips) Seat 5: Spooky_M@n ($134.05 in chips) Seat 6: xsbfd ($10.95 in chips) Seat 7: BinaryFinary ($157.30 in chips) Seat 8: Krownroyal83 ($74.60 in chips) Seat 9: karbursak ($57.45 in chips) gg0101: posts small blind $0.50Spooky_M@n: posts big blind $1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Krownroyal83 [9h 8s]xsbfd: folds BinaryFinary: folds xsbfd is sitting outKrownroyal83: raises $2 to $3karbursak: calls $3MaddogRich: calls $3DaveBowman: folds genan: folds gg0101: folds Spooky_M@n: folds *** FLOP *** [5c 5d 7h]Krownroyal83: bets $9karbursak: folds MaddogRich: calls $9*** TURN *** [5c 5d 7h] [Js]Krownroyal83: bets $27.10MaddogRich: calls $27.10*** RIVER *** [5c 5d 7h Js] [8c]Krownroyal83: bets $35.50 and is all-inMaddogRich: calls $35.50*** SHOW DOWN ***Krownroyal83: shows [9h 8s] (two pair, Eights and Fives)MaddogRich: shows [6d 6s] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)Krownroyal83 collected $150.70 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $153.70 | Rake $3 Board [5c 5d 7h Js 8c]Seat 1: MaddogRich showed [6d 6s] and lost with two pair, Sixes and FivesSeat 2: DaveBowman folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: genan (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: gg0101 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Spooky_M@n (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: xsbfd folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: BinaryFinary folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Krownroyal83 showed [9h 8s] and won ($150.70) with two pair, Eights and FivesSeat 9: karbursak folded on the Flop

Not sure if 3-barrel bluffing is the best idea in lowstakes limit of all games. Try to sit with those players again, because now with your crazy image you should be getting paid off playing ABC poker and them calling down your big hands.

yeah i thought about that....i do that when i get on a new table make some bluffs that cost little to nothing get caught bluffing.then play tight for a couple of hrs and watch ppl pay me off lol

Try not sitting with over a third of your bankroll at a table.
QFTAlthough BR management is boring...
yeah i thought about that....i do that when i get on a new table make some bluffs that cost little to nothing get caught bluffing.then play tight for a couple of hrs and watch ppl pay me off lol
People have to be paying attention for this to work. At these limits you're going to get a lot of people multi-tabling, and some of the ones that aren't won't pay attention anyway, and the rest will pick up on what you're doing. People also don't sit at the same ring for hours on end. This does work well in low limit live games though.
QFTAlthough BR management and steadily making money with no stress/worry is boring...
FYP.Also to the OP: the size of the blinds shouldn't have any impact on how loose/tight you play in a cash game, because they don't change and are always the same relative to the buyin.Mark

yeah for $190 playing $.50/$1 is way to high...im sitting at $.10/$.25 and have over $300 and thats still to high for my BR.......but thats not nearly as bad as yours.........just build slowly

I'm not big on cash games, i'm more of a tournament player. However there's nothing like winning a bot pot in a cash game. Lately i moved up a couple of levels and am now playing .50/1$ blinds. I've build my backroll from 10$ to 190$ in about 2 weeks which i think is good. Anyway my biggest problem is that when i play a cash game, if the blinds are small i have no patients, and if the blinds are higher i play to tight. So i thought i would play a little looser in the .50/1$ cash game tonight and i almost blow most of my bankroll, I guess i really thought i could get my appoinent to fold....anyway here's the hand. I feel like i played the hand alittle to much like gus hansen without the talent. I thought i could semi-bluff the flop with my gut-shot but he kept callin, so ikept firing the bullets lolPokerStars Game #9227181527: Hold'em Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/04/03 - 03:47:26 (ET)Table 'Tombaugh' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: MaddogRich ($142.90 in chips) Seat 2: DaveBowman ($72.85 in chips) Seat 3: genan ($18 in chips) Seat 4: gg0101 ($133.30 in chips) Seat 5: Spooky_M@n ($134.05 in chips) Seat 6: xsbfd ($10.95 in chips) Seat 7: BinaryFinary ($157.30 in chips) Seat 8: Krownroyal83 ($74.60 in chips) Seat 9: karbursak ($57.45 in chips) gg0101: posts small blind $0.50Spooky_M@n: posts big blind $1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Krownroyal83 [9h 8s]xsbfd: folds BinaryFinary: folds xsbfd is sitting outKrownroyal83: raises $2 to $3karbursak: calls $3MaddogRich: calls $3DaveBowman: folds genan: folds gg0101: folds Spooky_M@n: folds *** FLOP *** [5c 5d 7h]Krownroyal83: bets $9karbursak: folds MaddogRich: calls $9*** TURN *** [5c 5d 7h] [Js]Krownroyal83: bets $27.10MaddogRich: calls $27.10*** RIVER *** [5c 5d 7h Js] [8c]Krownroyal83: bets $35.50 and is all-inMaddogRich: calls $35.50*** SHOW DOWN ***Krownroyal83: shows [9h 8s] (two pair, Eights and Fives)MaddogRich: shows [6d 6s] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)Krownroyal83 collected $150.70 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $153.70 | Rake $3 Board [5c 5d 7h Js 8c]Seat 1: MaddogRich showed [6d 6s] and lost with two pair, Sixes and FivesSeat 2: DaveBowman folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: genan (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: gg0101 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Spooky_M@n (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: xsbfd folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: BinaryFinary folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Krownroyal83 showed [9h 8s] and won ($150.70) with two pair, Eights and FivesSeat 9: karbursak folded on the Flop
funn stuff m8!crazy

after reading the first threadi give OP two days until he has dusted off his roll..Youre playing WAYYYYYYYYYY above your limit and making donkey playsI always try to remind beginners -- > Dont mistake luck with skill.You got lucky and made money, it was stupid and required NO skill whatsovernice pot tho

u should be grinding out .1/.2 but i honetsly dont know one person that does, you're better off to get a second job save up around $500 and start from there, or keep making donk plays like this and go broke by the end of the night, its never works