Reading Comprehension

Parasite.Try this definition:a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.So, I ask you this Mister Negreanu, what have you contributed to society?You talk a lot about God, the human condition and all the evils in the world. What have you really done to improve anyone's lot in life besides your own? You play a game for a living. And all you have ever done in life is take people's money. So pardon me if I find your outrage at anything somewhat humorous. And don't talk to me about comprehension. I comprehend a hell of a lot more than you.

How about just plain comprehension. Frankly, you seem like a bit of a jerk. What do you know about Daniel other than his Blog and what you see on TV. That makes you a complete expert on and qualified to judge his "contribution to society"? Ever see the story on his work with that young guy who was horribly burned in a car crash... or the boy's father's posts on this Forum describing DN's impact on the boy?What have you done other than post negative ignorant crap to a Web Forum - somewhat parasitic, no?Yeah, I get PO'd with some of DN's points of view, but you're in his house, wipe your feet

to OP: **** you retard. cream rises to the top in anything and everything. what jealousy.DN can be considered a parasite if you want but what he is is an artist. Last time I checked DN entertains millions of us every day.Not contributing anything to society? YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Hmm.... Let me think a minute ...1. Entertainment2. Education about a game I enjoy for recreation3. Thought provoking discussion (And yes, I do disagree with him sometimes.)These are the positive things that Daniel contributes to my personal life -- for free, I might add. I am sufficiently happy with his contributions to my life to continue to be a forum regular. While I like to think I have contributed a little to the FCP Community, I recognize that I receive more than I give. I guess that makes me an FCP parasite -- along with most of us here.In addition to providing the same things to society as a whole, Daniel also does a lot of charity work. It seems to me that he contributes more than the average person and I wish him continued success.Now ... Potomophopia, get over it! We can't all be saints.If you are so concerned about people not contributing enough (by your standards) to society, why are you spending any of your time here?

To the OP... I would advise you to go suck on an egg. You should do this because I said so, and you shoulod always listen to each and everything I say because I am your master. I own you. You shall follow my orders if you know what's good for you. Now, get to sucking!!!

To the OP... I would advise you to go suck a dick. You should do this because I said so, and you shoulod always listen to each and everything I say because I am your master. I own you. You shall follow my orders if you know what's good for you. Now, get to sucking!!!
Had to be done.
To the OP... I would advise you to go suck on an egg. You should do this because I said so, and you shoulod always listen to each and everything I say because I am your master. I own you. You shall follow my orders if you know what's good for you. Now, get to sucking!!!
lmao.Well, there ya go, PotatoMyopia. You managed to interact with the man himself. Feel better?Enjoy your miserable life. :D:club:

well Daniel has, like llou said, taught us how to play this game. he gives un entertainment, and he leads discussions. not only that, but if it wasn't for him, this forum would probably not exist.

seriously who can claim to be contributing anything to societydoctors make a living off the sick teachers only give you help for a feelawyers are .....lawyers see what i did i just took a portion of what they did and twisted it . Yet if this was a blog for any of them you wouldnt of been questioning their contribution( mabye not the lawyer , but remember that they do defend your civil rights) "all you have done in life is take peoples money" from people who would of took his without flinching. In exchange for giving them a good time playing a game ( it is more fun with money) and invested a portion of it into charity(think of him as being a robin hood, taking what people use for gambling and giving it to charities, in the process putting food on his family's table)see it is easy to twist it the other way too. robin hood is a big call but i am throwing it out there. look see the world how you like that is your choice, but remember that there are different lenses. Ill finish with you menching god yet you still judge. I thought only god could judge. Is that a cheap call? yes. Was your OP cheap? yes

While its sweet to see everyone defend Daniel, I think the definition of the word parasite and then the OP's description of Daniel are two very different things. Even the question asked of Daniel immediately after the dictionary.com definition has no relation to the word parasite. We can only surmise that the OP is a jealous, angry person and we should feel sorry for them. Their existence must be a miserable one.Now, back to American Idol... :club:

LOL!! pwned! :club:
Never mind.Goodbye FCP.I don't care anymore. I am tired of the glitches and the screw-ups. I play for 5 hours and my bonus points never change. 5 points away from clearing one bonus and nothing happens.If you people need my paltry dollars that badly.....take them. Hire some people who know what they are doing.I'm going elsewhere.I AM SO TIRED OF MEDIOCRITY.
I thought that you were leaving.Liar.
seriously who can claim to be contributing anything to societydoctors make a living off the sick teachers only give you help for a feelawyers are .....lawyers see what i did i just took a portion of what they did and twisted it . Yet if this was a blog for any of them you wouldnt of been questioning their contribution( mabye not the lawyer , but remember that they do defend your civil rights) "all you have done in life is take peoples money" from people who would of took his without flinching. In exchange for giving them a good time playing a game ( it is more fun with money) and invested a portion of it into charity(think of him as being a robin hood, taking what people use for gambling and giving it to charities, in the process putting food on his family's table)see it is easy to twist it the other way too. robin hood is a big call but i am throwing it out there. look see the world how you like that is your choice, but remember that there are different lenses. Ill finish with you menching god yet you still judge. I thought only god could judge. Is that a cheap call? yes. Was your OP cheap? yes
This is a sad, sad truth. There is no such thing as altruism. No one contributes to society unless they get something in return. If the OP were older than 10 years old, he would know this. I guess what we as a society must focus on is the fact that people DO contribute something. Who cares if they do it for selfish reasons? I guess that's just human nature. DN is no different than any other human in that respect, so I'm not sure what the OP's point is.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt save starving children in Africaright?
You mean in trade for insane amount of tabloid publicity and status as Hollywood's "it" couple? Yeah, sure. They are saints. :club:

While I think the op is way off base I have been told that I dont contribute anything to society by non-playing friends of mine and I havent really found adequate rebuttal. My only reasons for playing are selfish, which is okay to me, but some people have a problem with it.

Why do people who seem to have such hatred for DN and everything he says and do continue to patrol his website and forums and fill it with these retarded threads which just showcase their own immaturity and lack of common sense. I would love to see some of these forum tough guys in real life and give them a swift kick in the nuts for being such pricks.And I would like to see the OP tell us one thing he has done for society that could even compare to the number of things DN has done for charity, fans, etc.Get a life