Random Hockey Observations

Wow!Yzerman to be the GM of the Lightning.
wow is right..That came out of nowhere..
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

They've been talking him up for that job for weeks now...
I was going to say, I pretty much saw this coming weeks ago.Good for him. I wish him the best. Go get some good experience down south and then come on up when Holland decides to take the Presidents job he was offered.
Well, it's now guaranteed that someone will get a Stanley Cup to go along with their Olympic gold.
For almost 20 years only one player could make the claim of an Olympic Gold and a Stanley Cup.... and he did it in the same year.... Anyone?
For almost 20 years only one player could make the claim of an Olympic Gold and a Stanley Cup.... and he did it in the same year.... Anyone?
Ken Morrow?
Would be 30 years.....Yzerman and Shanahan in 2002?
Well if Morrow did it in 1980 and Shanny and Yzerman did it in 2002 that would make Morrow the correct answer.

Is anyone else hoping the Celtics blow a 3-0 lead to match the Bruins effort??How sick would that be??

Ken Morrow?
Ding ding!! Correct, Miracle on Ice team in 1980 and a cup with the Islanders the same year. Cool story about Morrow, proving he is one of the luckiest men on the planet.... literally... I was working for the Oilers in 97-98, and Morrow was the pro scout for the Islanders. He won the 50/50 draw at the game that night. Two days later at the Sunday home game, he WON THE 50/50 again! Almost 5K each time! The second win, he just gave the money back to the minor hockey team who was the sponsor of that night's draw......
Ding ding!! Correct, Miracle on Ice team in 1980 and a cup with the Islanders the same year. Cool story about Morrow, proving he is one of the luckiest men on the planet.... literally... I was working for the Oilers in 97-98, and Morrow was the pro scout for the Islanders. He won the 50/50 draw at the game that night. Two days later at the Sunday home game, he WON THE 50/50 again! Almost 5K each time! The second win, he just gave the money back to the minor hockey team who was the sponsor of that night's draw......
Chris, always meant to ask this, not sure if it was something you preferred to keep private, BUT......what exactly did you do when you worked for the Oilers?
Chris, always meant to ask this, not sure if it was something you preferred to keep private, BUT......what exactly did you do when you worked for the Oilers?
My guss is Fluffer or Media Relations

Interesting article about Ted Leonsis justifying the trade of Jagr to the Rangers: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/c...ins-do-we-lose/Basically, he explained to the reporter that he was trying to tank, in order to get a better crack at the top pick that year - Ovechkin. It kinda chaps my ass that he has had the balls in the past to criticize the Pens for being horrible and thus getting Crosby and Malkin, especially after reading this.

Interesting article about Ted Leonsis justifying the trade of Jagr to the Rangers: http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/c...ins-do-we-lose/Basically, he explained to the reporter that he was trying to tank, in order to get a better crack at the top pick that year - Ovechkin. It kinda chaps my ass that he has had the balls in the past to criticize the Pens for being horrible and thus getting Crosby and Malkin, especially after reading this.
I'm not sure I quite read that he was trying to "tank", but isnt it kinda obvious when you trade a Jagr for futures or salary dump, thats exactly whats going to happen anyway, ie losing?I dont know what he said before, but he's not the only person in the world to suggest the Pens are where they are now because they were able to pick top 3/5 for like 5yrs in a row. And the Caps arent the first team to trade a highly paid star away to free up salary.

While i am not a fan of the Penguins obviously, the Senators also drafted very high in consecutive years.1992 2nd overall Alexei Yashin1993 1st overall Alexander Daigle1994 3rd overall Radek Bonk1995 5th overall Bryan Berard1996 1st overall Chris Phillips2001 2nd overall Jason SpezzaSome players they could of had...Chris Pronger,Paul Kariya,Ryan Smyth,Jerome Iginla among many many others.The best the Senators have done is one Finals appearance.

Is anyone else hoping the Celtics blow a 3-0 lead to match the Bruins effort??How sick would that be??
I hate Boston sports in general so yes. Hopefully that Patriots go 18-1 again. :club:
I am hoping this happens big time because the big 3 are just a bunch of punks. Especially KG.
I am hoping this happens big time because the big 3 are just a bunch of punks. Especially KG.
The only downside is the success of Vince Carter.

As you may or may not know, my son and I hound for autographs. We have been called by family members as stalkers. I do prefer the term Sports Papprazzi instead of stalkers.My son does most of the hounding since I usually sit in the van (with my 2 little girls) and look out for him. We have had a few instances of other hounds saying some nasty things to my son. I of course defended him. Not sure why 25 year old losers want to swear to a kid (my son is 13 now) and how one guy actually wanted to beat him up. Now my son is 175 lbs (bit on the big side) and the 25 year old loser might be 100lbs soaking wet. Ya I know. I always prefer hockey since I really do not follow basketball (except for the Raptors) much at all. My son (because of his American cousins) loves basketball. He has gotten some pretty good basketball autos such as:ShaqKevin DurantTyrke Evans (rookie of the year)Dirk NowitkiPau GasolLamar Odom (my favorite because who he is married to)Jason KiddAndrew BogutHe does have a ton of autographs but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.Now on to the story. I can live with guys not signing. It happens all the time. My daughter went up to Phil Jackson and he just smiled at her and kept walking. Also LeBron only signs for 1 kid at the hotel (the only black kid who hounds). I am not trying to be racist but I think you get the point. The day the Celtics were in Toronto, I took my nephew, kid from my son’s school and Nathan (my son) to the hotel. It was a complete madhouse (as expected). Now my son loves the big 3. He thinks they are awesome. So he begged and pleaded with me to take him to the airport after the game. I really did not want to do that since it pretty much waste like 2 hours out of my day. Since my wife was not working and the other kids wanted to go too, we went. I always stand by the side and watch him in action. My son is getting pretty good at this and is always driven to try and get the auto especially since it was from guys he loved. So the bus arrives with the Celtics. The players come off pretty fast so you do have to be quick. The 1st guy he sees is Ray Allen. Allen says sorry not going to sign. Fair enough. The 2nd guy is Paul Pierce. Pierce says I am not signing for you guys and you are in my way so get out of my walk before I knock you over. Ya he is a goof. The last guy is Kevin Garnett. Garnett sees them and starts to walk faster. The 3 kids asked him to sign and he says no. Then my son said please sign please. Then Garnett says I am not going to sign for you and swears at him. He then says I am going to call security on you. SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY. That scared the heck out of my son and he just backed off. Now why would a 7 foot tall guy call security on a 5’4” kid and swear at him. Near the end of the season, we hit the hotel for the Washington Wizards because the cousins wanted autographs of their favorite team. We got everyone on the team to sign. I also met a father and we exchange stories. He told me that Garnett did the same thing to his son (swore at him).I was pretty angry when I heard this. I don’t care who you are. Luckily he was by the customs room already otherwise I might have spent a night in jail. I was going to twitter him but I thought why waste my time. The next day the kid from school told all the 7th graders (boys). My son was the coolest kid for the day. If you are wondering how many hounds were at the airport. There were 3 hounds. The 3 kids.PLEASE 1 TIME. Lose Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!