Random Hockey Observations

Not sure if anyone saw the Oilers game yesterday, but My bro played, they got out-shot 55-15 and won 4-3 in a shootout, wooo!
52 saves and a shootout victory. Pretty impressive...Now, if he had made 50+ saves WHILE winning his opening series in the FCBL, I'd be really impressed :club:
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Now let's see if he can avoid being a one-hit wonder.
I traded him to Jay and he gets him I think for one more season at .25. So the way he runs, Moulson will score 60 next year.
Not sure if anyone saw the Oilers game yesterday, but My bro played, they got out-shot 55-15 and won 4-3 in a shootout, wooo!
I watched it for two periods about 30 feet away from your brother. Played a damn good game.
that was pretty ****ing awesome. the two teams fighting for that last playoff spot going to a shootout in the last game of the season. when are we going to see that again? great.
Hopefully never. I would've loved to see a 5 on 5 overtime game, not caring how long it took. Would I watch a shootout? Sure, for about 5 minutes. That's one commercial break, for anyone counting advertising dollars. I would've watched 3 overtime periods if it was 'real' hockey. Oh, and if I had cable TV. lol.
Hats off to Matt Moulson to coming from obscurity to now being a 30 goal scorer.
Now let's see if he can avoid being a one-hit wonder.
Here's a post from the way back machine.
Moulson-Kopitar-Brown- You should know a little bit about Brown and Kopitar already and if you don't you fail, so I'll talk a little bit about Matt Moulson. Moulson is one of those players while he's not the best skater he's a player that if you give him a chance he's going to bury the puck in the net. He ends up in the right spot at the right time and he'll come up with a goal. With Kopitar and Brown I would not be surprised if he scores 20 goals, I know that seems high and it's more likely he'll be moved down a line or two as of right now Terry Murray is going to stick with that combo. http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/10/m...ing-up-top.html
Knew he had it in him lol. Too bad LA sucked it up and he did it on the Island.
Lightning Clean House
One day after their season ended, the Tampa Bay Lightning fired head coach Rick Tocchet and general manager Brian Lawton on Monday.The axe fell after the Lightning missed the playoffs for the third consecutive year.“Our hockey operations department needs a fresh start in order to help us fulfil our goal of being a world-class organization,” Lightning owner Jeff Vinik said in a release.Lawton was hired in June, 2008 and named general manager on October 22, 2008.Tocchet was hired as the team’s Associate Coach in July, 2008. He became the interim head coach just 16 games into the 2008-2009 season after the Lightning fired Barry Melrose. Tocchet began the 2009-2010 season as the head coach and went 34-36-12.
Did they get a raw deal? Looked to me like they could be a contender next year.
Did they get a raw deal? Looked to me like they could be a contender next year.
I think if they had done a better job, they already would have been a contender this year, or at the very least, a playoff team.If I was a GM candidate, that job would be my goal right now. Decent asset base AND a couple of young stars to build around. With a 2-3yr building job, it could easily be a top5 team in the NHL.
what's the significance with the giraffe on the back of the mask?
what's the significance with the giraffe on the back of the mask?
He has a long neck, lol.One of his assistant coaches in Kamloops used to call him G-raff, so he said if/when he ever played pro, he'd put a giraffe on his mask somewhere, and he has been doing it for a few years now.

I'm pretty excited the Avs made the playoffs even though it's the 8th seed. They fell way off their game towards the end of the season when the real contenders are getting better. Since this year was supposed to be horrible for Colorado, I'm STOKED! Playoffs baby. We get to play the sharks instead of chicago. I'm not sure, but I think we match up better with the sharks. Meaning, I think Chicago's just too good for the Avs to win 2 playoff games but I think we win 2 vs San Jose.So, I want to make a $10-$30 bet that Colorado beats San Jose at least two games in their playoff series. I don't know what kind of line would be fair but I know some of you think the Avs only win one game in this series. andMatt Duchene for rookie of the year?

I'm pretty excited the Avs made the playoffs even though it's the 8th seed. They fell way off their game towards the end of the season when the real contenders are getting better. Since this year was supposed to be horrible for Colorado, I'm STOKED! Playoffs baby. We get to play the sharks instead of chicago. I'm not sure, but I think we match up better with the sharks. Meaning, I think Chicago's just too good for the Avs to win 2 playoff games but I think we win 2 vs San Jose.So, I want to make a $10-$30 bet that Colorado beats San Jose at least two games in their playoff series. I don't know what kind of line would be fair but I know some of you think the Avs only win one game in this series. andMatt Duchene for rookie of the year?
I have no idea what the line on that would be, but I'd expect it'd be about even money. Actually, you'd probably be a little bit of a favourite in the bet...I mean they're guaranteed 2 home games no matter what.I'll put $15 up to your $20.Does anyone think it should be more like an even line?p.s. it is awesome how excited you are for them making the playoffs.