As An American, Are You Ashamed Of People Like This.

This entire thread makes me sad. PS: From www.websters.com: "No results found for ludacris."
you obviously don't grasp the point of anything I said if you think i give the slightest sht that ludacris isn't in the websters dictionary, as if I didn't know that.the websters dictionary wasn't handed to Moses by god, there's nothing objectively "correct" about it.
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ji-OJW_MW0I really like this video :)Especially that part about the "Axes of Evil" an Germany :club: btw...A friend of mine was as an exchange student in the US. As she walked into her class the teacher did the Hitler salute just because she thought that hitler was still alive and thats the way we germans are greeting each other.It kind of scares me that such people are allowed to teach children.PS: Also I would like to say "Hi" since this is my first post in this forum.And sorry for any wrong grammar. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ji-OJW_MW0I really like this video :)Especially that part about the "Axes of Evil" an Germany :club: btw...A friend of mine was as an exchange student in the US. As she walked into her class the teacher did the Hitler salute just because she thought that hitler was still alive and thats the way we germans are greeting each other.It kind of scares me that such people are allowed to teach children.PS: Also I would like to say "Hi" since this is my first post in this forum.And sorry for any wrong grammar. :D
That can't possibly be true. You are lying, your friend was lying, or the teacher was making a horribly inappropriate joke.
That can't possibly be true. You are lying, your friend was lying, or the teacher was making a horribly inappropriate joke.
No, no... it's absolutely true. The same thing happened to a friend of a friend's brother's cousin's uncle's ex-room mate.
yeah, it was supposed to be ironically pedantic, but I'm afraid it was too literally shallow. But, I've never been one to be afraid of a cheap joke.
That was actually ripped from a Family Guy quote, but I'm glad it worked.

No, no... it's absolutely true. The same thing happened to a friend of a friend's brother's cousin's uncle's ex-room mate.

You mean this guy?Dark_Helmet.jpg
And that would make us?Absolutely nothing. Which is what you're about to become.
You mean this guy?Dark_Helmet.jpg
Yes, exactly. And this crazy story did happen. It was my 5th grade year at a private school on planet Druidia. Being a Spaceball, I did feel like an outsider. But nothing was more uncomfortable than when I walked into my first class. The teacher made a motion as if she was about to give me the Spaceball salute. Then all of a sudden, the next thing I know, she's all "heil Hitler'ing" me. It was totally nuts. The only thing that saved that day is it was the day I met a young Princess Vespa. I knew one day I would have her in my clutches, to have my wicked way with her, the way I would want to.
Yes, exactly. And this crazy story did happen. It was my 5th grade year at a private school on planet Druidia. Being a Spaceball, I did feel like an outsider. But nothing was more uncomfortable than when I walked into my first class. The teacher made a motion as if she was about to give me the Spaceball salute. Then all of a sudden, the next thing I know, she's all "heil Hitler'ing" me. It was totally nuts. The only thing that saved that day is it was the day I met a young Princess Vespa. I knew one day I would have her in my clutches, to have my wicked way with her, the way I would want to.
dolls.jpg And now Princess Vespa, I have you in my clutches, to have my wicked way with you, the way I want to. No, no, go away, I hate you! And yet... I find you strangely attractive.Of course you do! Druish princesses are often attracted to money and power, and I have both, and you *know* it! No, no, leave me alone! No, kiss me! No! Stop! Yes, yes! Oh, oh, oh! Ohhhh, your helmet is so big!
It's the elitism of it, the air of superiority which I find baseless, that really riles me up, and I end up coming to the forum defense of myspace text speaking troglodytes, who in most respects I have nothing but contempt for. The irony, er I mean, the coincidence of this is not lost on me.Now, please stop posting to me about this subject. Please. I can't help myself, and i'm oh so tired of talking about it.
I know we've exhausted the subject, but you really have to check this guy out.http://www.ubersite.com/u/DanJainesSometimes he is pretty funny, but mostly it is just excruciating. He is a pretty effective advocate for the need to have decent grammatical standards.
Is that like you bragging? Uh, $1 is worth like 8 zillion yen, but that doesn't mean the dollar is stronger than the yen.
I was just thinking out loud. Trying to figure out where i could get most value in terms of vacation spending money. America is very very cheap. However, i may go to Malawi, slightly better value for money.
I mean, talking to drunk people on the Vegas strip at midnight doesn't really signify anything. Remember, they also cut out anything that would be construed as a 'correct' response.
So you could point to my hometown munich on a map? Or even germany for that matter? I think in a country, where a complete idiot/thug like Georgie "FU" Bush managed not only to get into office but get REELECTED with his trackrecord, I don't think we have to talk about the populations average intelligence...Now, don't get me wrong... There is exeptions, for example many of the poker players that know what they are doing seem to be slightly more intelligent than the average american...
So you could point to my hometown munich on a map? Or even germany for that matter? I think in a country, where a complete idiot/thug like Georgie "FU" Bush managed not only to get into office but get REELECTED with his trackrecord, I don't think we have to talk about the populations average intelligence...Now, don't get me wrong... There is exeptions, for example many of the poker players that know what they are doing seem to be slightly more intelligent than the average american...
Have you been saving this account for cowardly outbursts?
Blah, blah blah. Why does the average american NEED to point munich out on a map? OR germany, for that matter? Germany had it's shot to be a superpower, and they blew it. So sorry Germany, you fell victem to one of the classic blunders.. never get into a land war in asia.
Set y = to Lim as x approaches 0 for (1+x) ^ (1/x)
One does not make it through calculus without knowing that this problem is easily solved with a graphing calculator and a number like .0000001 input into trace. I pretty much never did lim problems manually because of the ease with which they can be solved graphically.By the way, pretty cool how that graph fluctuates when x < -1
Blah, blah blah. Why does the average american NEED to point munich out on a map? OR germany, for that matter? Germany had it's shot to be a superpower, and they blew it. So sorry Germany, you fell victem to one of the classic blunders.. never get into a land war in asia.
inconceivable-1.jpg

McGee, here's why spelling is directly relevant in this argument. From Bill Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words...

prescribe, proscribe. Prescribe means to set down as a rule or guide. Proscribe means to denounce or prohibit. If you get bronchitis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics and proscribe smoking.
Therefore, a prescriptivist is quite a different thing from a proscriptivist.

I had to post these some where. It's 2 clips from This Hour Has 22 Minutes broadcast on CBC, called Talking with Americans. He does what that brit did in the OP but way better and funnier. Ours isn't intented to critisize but to make fun, and these people are fun to laught at.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbDzfICblls...ted&search=

Why should you give a s*it. I think this is why we differ. Never once have I ever thought 'Why should I give a sh*t'.To me, understanding and trying to appreciate what is happening on the rest of the globe is important. Last Friday we had 'Comic Relief day'. This was all the top UK comedians doing sketches etc to try and raise money for people who are less fortunate than ourselves. At least 50% of the money will go to Africa. People out there are still dying through Malaria because they have no protection. A mosquito net and a jab cost less than $10. Ten dollars can save a live. The night raised around $100 million.Why should we give a ****......My whole point is that you need to start looking outside your own back yard. It's all very well when things are great. What if you lived in a country that was totally screwed?, would you appreciate the 'Why should we give a **** philosophy'? If someone doesn't even know the capital of England then how the hell can he know what is actually going on in the rest of the world.
Ummm...we're americans...you know, from the USA?? Any time we "look outside our own backyard" we're accused of wanting to take over the world. Except, of course, when we don't do enough in the eyes of the rest of the world, then we're cold hearted, selfish, over indulgent american scum etc, etc...Insert "We are the world" soundtrack here
I had to post these some where. It's 2 clips from This Hour Has 22 Minutes broadcast on CBC, called Talking with Americans. He does what that brit did in the OP but way better and funnier. Ours isn't intented to critisize but to make fun, and these people are fun to laught at.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbDzfICblls...ted&search=
Haha, those clips were hilarious. Man I laughed when the young boy got it right in the end of the last clip, that was hilarious. =)On another note, I think it's sad that there exist people that are this ignorant to the world they live in. That being said, I highly doubt the people in the video represent an average American. I'm also sure that clips like these could be made in any country in the world.