Wtf? Laying Down Aces On The Bubble.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok first of all folding the first AA on the bubble is subjective not objective. it would differ to different players depending on all sorts of factors. but i think everyone could say that folding the second pair of Aces is just ridiculous, no player should make that move regardless of variables outside the tournament bubble or no bubble, and even with his little sob story about bubbling a tournament 10 years ago with his AA to some donks JJ call . but you never know what or how his financial situation is so you cant say its a bad decision about the first fold, but about the second one ya pure stupidity
if he didn't have the money to spare to enter the tournament then he shouldn't be there in the first place

OR: He licked the lollipop of mediocrity and is doomed to suck forever. Can anyone give me an example of a truly great player doing this? Where's his heart?Stu Ungar must be rolling in his grave... LOLI can honestly say I wouldn't give a damn if I busted in 13th place or not: the value I place on my integrity as a player is worth more than any stupid amount of money. Seriously. I don't know what he thinks he's getting out of telling everyone about it, either: being a spineless, money-grubbbing coward is nothing to be proud of.

maybe he won a satellite into it
If he was going to make plays like that on the bubble AFTER satteliting in, he never should have played the sattelite.
good point, I would just fold but then maybe he didn't want other people to know at that point in time that was what he was doing.
If thats the case why the hell he tell everyone at the table he ws laying down aces. He said he ws desperate to show the guy next to him just so they all believed he hd aces lol....

I've gone broke or lost a big pot with them late in tourney's before. The worst ever was losing to AK when the guy hit a flush. LMAO I would never lay them down preflop no matter where I am in the tourney. Like most people that play this game, I would rather try and win then limp into the money. (Unless it is the WSOP I suppose :club: ) Very tough decision but I am pretty sure I lack the skill (if you can call it that) to lay them down preflop. Actually I could never call it skill. Skill is laying them down post flop. His laying them down preflop (if that is what he did) is an act of cowardice IMHO.

Thu Mar 15 17:36:00 PDT 2007Ed Pellegrini Eliminated 11th ($70,000)Ed Pellegrini gets all in for his last $97,000 preflop with AK from under the gun. Amir Shayesteh makes the call from the small blind and shows KK. The board comes 5433Q and Pellegrini has been eliminated from the tournament.$70,000 is not a bad payday. If he played the aces, he might still be in contention to win. Or, he could have pushed with the aces the first time that he got them, suffered a bad beat, and could have been knocked out on the bubble.

Thu Mar 15 17:36:00 PDT 2007Ed Pellegrini Eliminated 11th ($70,000)Ed Pellegrini gets all in for his last $97,000 preflop with AK from under the gun. Amir Shayesteh makes the call from the small blind and shows KK. The board comes 5433Q and Pellegrini has been eliminated from the tournament.$70,000 is not a bad payday. If he played the aces, he might still be in contention to win. Or, he could have pushed with the aces the first time that he got them, suffered a bad beat, and could have been knocked out on the bubble.
[/thread] ?

So in conclusion...He made the two worst decisions in poker, and he did it twice.1. Folded Aces preflop2. Showed the world"it's better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Everyone in this thread who thinks it is alright to fold aces on the bubble, I just want you to know...I am creating a private tournament tomorrow night on Stars and you are all invited. Pm for info.

I look down at any 2 cards on the bubble and I raise. If I only had any luck to see AA not once but 3 times, there is a good chance that bubble guy would have been out as soon as he tried for the resteal. There are always more hands but if you are a 70-80% favorite to double up 3 times around bubble time, jesus christmas you need to take it... WTF was wrong with this guy. Even if he wins you shouldn't fold that ****...

I suppose if he was scared... shoving and leaving the room would be the way to go.
That's probably what I would do. :club: Hell, that's what I do online a lot of the time.
That's probably what I would do. :D Hell, that's what I do online a lot of the time.
Yea, I was thinking of you when I said it. :club:

Personally speaking, 15K is a HUGE amount of money for me. That being said, I'll be godverdamned if I'm laying down AA without a fight. If I have any kind of a stck, I'm probably raising all-in if I'm opening the pot. If faced with a raiser and/or a limper or two, I'm definitely thinking twice, but it's probably a push, dependant on stack size. Why would I lay them down? There'd have to be 3 or 4 limpers and/or raiser/callers AND I'd have to be so short-stacked that I wouldn't have a chance at isolating someone. If faced with a raise, a re-raise and an all-in (or two), I'd definitely consider laying them down and let the other guys fight it out, but there would have to be at least 3 people in that pot.Fckn guy squandered a huge chance to pick up some chips, imo.

So in conclusion...He made the two worst decisions in poker, and he did it twice.1. Folded Aces preflop2. Showed the world"it's better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
I dig the quote...
He is playing at the Bay 101 shooting stars tourney.He got aces 3 times while on the bubble and layed them down twice.Is this something you guys would do? It seems crazy to me. Here's the video.http://www.cardplayer.com/tv/23479
I saw this too and I couldn't believe it at first, but I think he got in on a satellite so if he wins the least amount possible (15K?), that's still a pretty nice ROI. I would never muck aces pre-flop but that's just me.