New Challenge (old Challenge)

this is actually the first time he put in more than one raise the whole time I was sitting at the table, he just called off all his chips normally. Made your $1000 yet?
Took the day off, so no $1000 today. Traveling tomorrow, then live play tomorrow night woot!Mark
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Curious as to what other people's Won W/O Showdown in the Statistics section of PokerEV looks like? Seems like I lose a lot more in pots that don't get to showdown than I should. -4.9 BB/100
I've been wondering this, too. Seems like I'm doing alright at showdowns, but the Won W/O Showdown category could probably use improving.

Played about 600 hands today 4-tabling 6-max .50/1 NL, and won about $130. I think I played pretty well, and even though I lost a buy-in early (AJdd vs. 89 on a 8d9dTh board) I didn't tilt. Yay mental toughness.Another hand I'd love some comment on, mostly just the river. Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$14 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $92.20Hero: $195.90SB: $95.50BB: $226.25Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J :D K :)UTG raises to $3.5, Hero calls, 2 folds.Flop: 7 :) 4 :D J :D ($8.5, 2 players)UTG bets $6, Hero raises to $18, UTG calls.Turn: T :club: ($44.5, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.River: Q :D ($44.5, 2 players)UTG bets $34, Hero ?????

Played about 600 hands today 4-tabling 6-max .50/1 NL, and won about $130. I think I played pretty well, and even though I lost a buy-in early (AJdd vs. 89 on a 8d9dTh board) I didn't tilt. Yay mental toughness.Another hand I'd love some comment on, mostly just the river. Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$14 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $92.20Hero: $195.90SB: $95.50BB: $226.25Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J :D K :)UTG raises to $3.5, Hero calls, 2 folds.Flop: 7 :) 4 :D J :D ($8.5, 2 players)UTG bets $6, Hero raises to $18, UTG calls.Turn: T :club: ($44.5, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.River: Q :D ($44.5, 2 players)UTG bets $34, Hero ?????
Hmmm.....I can't think of much he calls your flop raise here with that you beat. I would think the worst hands he continues with are AQ and AK and they both got there. Its a perfect card for him to bluff the river but if he is bluffing, what did he call your flop raise with? I mean it could be a mid pair but.....looks like a fold.
You, nutz, and everyone else traveling, be safe!
ty tyWe'll be posting high jinx highlights all weekend. Stay tuned.........if you are really bored and basically have no life.ANTHONY, WIN THE BOAT-NICK, PART DEUX TOURNEY!

does anyone have a PXF acct? I want to send them my HH for this FTOPS going on right now. I forgot to save them so I have to email FTP which means it'll probably take a couple years

does anyone have a PXF acct? I want to send them my HH for this FTOPS going on right now. I forgot to save them so I have to email FTP which means it'll probably take a couple years
I have PXF, PM me the HH when you get it.

sooooo....6086 hands today. made about .00001bb/100. ship the $1 profit. weeeeee go me. made almost 6k fpp tho.

Curious as to what other people's Won W/O Showdown in the Statistics section of PokerEV looks like? Seems like I lose a lot more in pots that don't get to showdown than I should. -4.9 BB/100
Through 20k hands at full ring so far, i am at -1.1bb/100 for won w/o showdown.does anyone on here or anywhere understand this pokerev program really well? it seems like theres a lot of great info there, but im not able to use it!! heeeeelp please

villian in this hand is 22/8/3 over 381 hands.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)CO ($60)Button ($194.90)SB ($287.70)BB ($40)UTG ($85.10)UTG+1 ($100)Hero ($100)MP2 ($100)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with :D, :D. CO posts a blind of $1. 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, MP2 calls $5, 4 folds.Flop: ($12.50) :D, :), :D(2 players)Hero bets $8, MP2 calls $8.Turn: ($28.50) :)(2 players)Hero bets $16, MP2 calls $16.River: ($60.50) :club:(2 players)Hero bets $28, MP2 raises to $71, Hero ???

Serious poker question.I was gonna make a new thread, but there are too many tards, and it prolly woulda resulted in me slitting my wrists.Do you guys forsee the "poker economy" staying relatively stable over the next 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?I ask because I'm always thinking about my "career", my future, etc. I've got a BA in Economics (sorta, have to actually apply to graduate one day), and really never plan on using it. I could probably make 40k a year starting out doing it, but probably max out at like 80k, if I'm lucky. I'd also want to kill myself daily.This year, was my first year of poker as a "profession". Through 10 months, and 1 week, I've profited ~$27,000. That's not a huge sum, but it's more than I could have made at any standard low-wage job. I also think the way I've improved in the last few months, I could make that $40k by the end of the year, easily. So basically, I'm making what I'd make with an Econ job, probably putting in 20% of the time, if that, lol.The main concern though, is that I'm giving up future potential earnings in any sort of career, to pursue this poker thing. I mean, even if it were something like going back to school in a completely different field, etc.I envision myself being able to make $100,000 without breaking a sweat in 2008, and hopefully more and more as time goes on. There will be a ceiling, but I'm beginning to think it will be a LOT higher than what a standard degree could earn me, especially as I've degraded into an average student, at best. Furthermore, there are other ways of making money, not strictly related to poker, once I've got that working capital.But the biggest question mark, I suppose, is the future of online gambling. Is this going to be around, in it's current state for years to come? Am I being naive thinking I can do this for years without giving much up?Set me straight.Thanks.

Serious poker question.I was gonna make a new thread, but there are too many tards, and it prolly woulda resulted in me slitting my wrists.Do you guys forsee the "poker economy" staying relatively stable over the next 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?I ask because I'm always thinking about my "career", my future, etc. I've got a BA in Economics (sorta, have to actually apply to graduate one day), and really never plan on using it. I could probably make 40k a year starting out doing it, but probably max out at like 80k, if I'm lucky. I'd also want to kill myself daily.This year, was my first year of poker as a "profession". Through 10 months, and 1 week, I've profited ~$27,000. That's not a huge sum, but it's more than I could have made at any standard low-wage job. I also think the way I've improved in the last few months, I could make that $40k by the end of the year, easily. So basically, I'm making what I'd make with an Econ job, probably putting in 20% of the time, if that, lol.The main concern though, is that I'm giving up future potential earnings in any sort of career, to pursue this poker thing. I mean, even if it were something like going back to school in a completely different field, etc.I envision myself being able to make $100,000 without breaking a sweat in 2008, and hopefully more and more as time goes on. There will be a ceiling, but I'm beginning to think it will be a LOT higher than what a standard degree could earn me, especially as I've degraded into an average student, at best. Furthermore, there are other ways of making money, not strictly related to poker, once I've got that working capital.But the biggest question mark, I suppose, is the future of online gambling. Is this going to be around, in it's current state for years to come? Am I being naive thinking I can do this for years without giving much up?Set me straight.Thanks.
yesnogl!
PM Anthony.Mark
You need to focus on your career at some point. Poker has changed alot the last couple of years, and it will continue to get harder to beat the higher limits. If you want to make close to 100k a year, you're gonna have to move up limits and prove to yourself that you can suceed in beating the big games. Its not easy, and if you want to make the money you are talking about making, then its all in No Limit.....a game you don't prefer to play. You can work full time and still have enough time to play on the weekends and make a sick side income.

my buddy was at the commerce and had an interesting hand at .....10/20nl 7k effective stackshe limpes 66 2 people limp behind blinds completeflop J86 all spades, he leads for 120 and the BB calls, turn 8 bb cks he bets 330 and gets ck raised to 2k totalriver 2x and he shoves for 4500...comments one what u think BB has, and do you fold or call the riveralso, this was his 4th hand at the table so it against a complete random just want people thoughts

I think the money will be there in the realm of the poker economy for the unforeseeable future. Provided more strict government regulations don't come into the picture. While making 100,000 in the "real world" within your degree field is likely more realistic, being able to sustain a solid income in poker is far more advantagious for future wealth soley because of the time it can allot you to do other things. I think its important to try to find alternate avenues of income through your poker earnings or with the free time poker gives you. Ie: real estate, small bussiness, consulting, investing etc. I'm okay with making less for my self than working for others as quality of life and state of mind are often under valued. I don't agree with a previous poster in that nlhe is the sole route to financial security within poker, as I see how much money there is to be made in many forms of poker. Its all about bankroll management and time. Moving up limits is like getting promoted it often doesn't happen overnight but is something that will happen when its earned. The potential is there in poker it just may not be as quick as other options but may make you a hundred times happier.
Its all about bankroll management and time.
Yea...and with nlhe you can move up much faster and deal with much less variance.Zach,The next 2 years are going to be a crossroads for online poker. It will almost certainly be regulated by the US, but its still unclear what effect that will ultimately have. Some think it will be Party Poker x 20, others think it will be taxed/raked/completely ruined. Imo, the possibilities are endless if it is regulated by the US. (think tons of sponsorships, promotions, exponential growth overseas etc) Nobody knows for sure, but setting aside corporate "career" plans for a few years to try to make some real $ while you are very young can't be a bad thing. Unless of course you want a career in something like investment banking.On the flip side, you must be realistic. You said you made like 28k this year in 10 months yet you plan on making 100k next year...I'm not saying you can't do that but there is a correlation between what you did this year and what you will do next year. Also, the games aren't getting any easier and people are improving daily...Pt special,If that guy is your average Commerce live nit/doink he almost always has J8 or 68....like always.

LOLFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($216.30)SB ($230.35)BB ($94.50)UTG ($81.55)Hero ($201.65)CO ($76.75)Preflop: Hero is MP with Jclub.gif, Kclub.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.5, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds.Flop: ($8.50) 5club.gif, 8club.gif, 6heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, CO raises to $12, Hero calls $6.Turn: ($32.50) 7heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO checks.River: ($32.50) 4club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $186.15 (All-In), CO calls $61.25 (All-In).Final Pot: $155Results in white below: Hero has Jc Kc (flush, king high). CO has Qs Kd (straight, eight high). Outcome: Hero wins $279.90.

1st hand of the session :)Full Tilt Poker Game #4108311147: Table Town Center - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:14:36 ET - 2007/11/08Seat 2: acalderini ($9.85)Seat 3: Lud78 ($11.45)Seat 4: Mickey1504 ($8.55)Seat 5: polyballer9 ($10)Seat 6: LukyG ($9.65)Seat 7: Youpidou ($8.30)Seat 8: Ignoranz ($9.50)Seat 9: George_M257 ($3.90)Van Bro sits downMickey1504 posts the small blind of $0.05polyballer9 posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to polyballer9 [5h 4h]Van Bro adds $2.95LukyG foldsYoupidou calls $0.10Ignoranz raises to $0.25George_M257 foldsacalderini calls $0.25Lud78 foldsMickey1504 foldspolyballer9 calls $0.15Youpidou calls $0.15*** FLOP *** [3d 2s 8c]polyballer9 checksYoupidou has been disconnectedYoupidou has 15 seconds left to actYoupidou has reconnectedYoupidou has 15 seconds left to actYoupidou checksIgnoranz bets $0.60acalderini calls $0.60polyballer9 calls $0.60Youpidou folds*** TURN *** [3d 2s 8c] [6c]polyballer9 checksIgnoranz bets $1.50acalderini calls $1.50polyballer9 raises to $4.70Ignoranz has 15 seconds left to actIgnoranz foldsacalderini raises to $9, and is all inpolyballer9 calls $4.30acalderini shows [2c 2h]polyballer9 shows [5h 4h]*** RIVER *** [3d 2s 8c 6c] [9c]acalderini shows three of a kind, Twospolyballer9 shows a straight, Six highpolyballer9 wins the pot ($20.35) with a straight, Six High

o hi der.Full Tilt Poker Game #4109194920: Table Christopher - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:09:22 ET - 2007/11/08Seat 1: mikabe ($4.45)Seat 2: loveofmoz ($3.60)Seat 3: epock1 ($4.85), is sitting outSeat 4: polyballer9 ($19.15)Seat 5: fred-du-29 ($2.25)Seat 6: Kikkaa ($3.25)Seat 7: defence18 ($2.65)Seat 8: mirk191 ($3)Seat 9: Stefan19781 ($2)Kikkaa posts the small blind of $0.05defence18 posts the big blind of $0.105 seconds left to actThe button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to polyballer9 [4d 4s]mirk191 foldsmikabe calls $0.10loveofmoz raises to $0.20polyballer9 calls $0.20fred-du-29 foldsKikkaa calls $0.15defence18 calls $0.10mikabe calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [9h Qs 4h]Kikkaa has 15 seconds left to actKikkaa bets $1defence18 raises to $2.45, and is all inmikabe foldsloveofmoz calls $2.45polyballer9 raises to $11.80Kikkaa calls $2.05, and is all inloveofmoz calls $0.95, and is all inpolyballer9 shows [4d 4s]Kikkaa shows [9c 9s]defence18 shows [6h 2h]loveofmoz shows [Qd Ac]Uncalled bet of $8.40 returned to polyballer9*** TURN *** [9h Qs 4h] [Kc]*** RIVER *** [9h Qs 4h Kc] [4c]polyballer9 shows four of a kind, Foursloveofmoz shows two pair, Queens and Fourspolyballer9 wins side pot #2 ($0.65) with four of a kind, FoursKikkaa shows a full house, Nines full of Fourspolyballer9 wins side pot #1 ($1.60) with four of a kind, Foursdefence18 shows a pair of Fourspolyballer9 wins the main pot ($9.75) with four of a kind, Fours