• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Yea...and with nlhe you can move up much faster and deal with much less variance.Zach,The next 2 years are going to be a crossroads for online poker. It will almost certainly be regulated by the US, but its still unclear what effect that will ultimately have. Some think it will be Party Poker x 20, others think it will be taxed/raked/completely ruined. Imo, the possibilities are endless if it is regulated by the US. (think tons of sponsorships, promotions, exponential growth overseas etc) Nobody knows for sure, but setting aside corporate "career" plans for a few years to try to make some real $ while you are very young can't be a bad thing. Unless of course you want a career in something like investment banking.On the flip side, you must be realistic. You said you made like 28k this year in 10 months yet you plan on making 100k next year...I'm not saying you can't do that but there is a correlation between what you did this year and what you will do next year. Also, the games aren't getting any easier and people are improving daily...Pt special,If that guy is your average Commerce live nit/doink he almost always has J8 or 68....like always.
what do you mean "raked"...i mean, if it's regulated, US companies won't over take companies based outta "Antigua" or whatever? I really don't know all that legalization will mean, except for probably more strict issues with income tax. But, if you are already paying your taxes, I don't see how it will be completely ruined.I think the games are tougher, but it's all about finding a game that you can beat consistently at and for a decent win rate...if i recall, zach, aren't you canadian? can't canadians play on PP?meh, if you can play PP/prima poker, you should be able to find games that you can beat very well and move thru the limits.- Jordan

I think you might regret not aiming for a non-poker career when you get older, not that i can comment on your life or my thoughts have any value, but i don't think that you have to chose exclusively between the two.

villian in this hand is 22/8/3 over 381 hands.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)CO ($60)Button ($194.90)SB ($287.70)BB ($40)UTG ($85.10)UTG+1 ($100)Hero ($100)MP2 ($100)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with :D, :D. CO posts a blind of $1. 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, MP2 calls $5, 4 folds.Flop: ($12.50) :D, :), :D(2 players)Hero bets $8, MP2 calls $8.Turn: ($28.50) :)(2 players)Hero bets $16, MP2 calls $16.River: ($60.50) :club:(2 players)Hero bets $28, MP2 raises to $71, Hero ???
Hmmmm.....you think he can bluff with J10 here? About the only hand I can see with his line that you beat. Little chance he is raising AQ since you have bet every street. I probably fold.

Played about 550 hands today 4-tabling 6-max .50/1 NL. Was up about 100 and was about to leave b/c I was getting a little bored, and then a guy sat down and decided to start shoving 100BB's over 1$ bets, so I had to stay and let his Q7 outrun my 57 on a 57T board. Then I lost w/ a flopped set to a turned flush. Ended down about $50. Blargh.

I've decided to take a shot at 600nl...I'm way over-rolled for it so it's not crazy or anything. I'm going to give myself 5 buyins to lose. I should have already been playing 3/6 but a number of factors held me back. I spent way too much money out of my BR, and I lost lots of money because of the exchange rate. I wanted to start palying 600NL when I have 60k, but will start now with ~48k.... If I lose 5 buy ins I'll move down to 2/4....If not, I'll move to 5/10nl when I reach 75k and give myself 5 buyins before moving back down....I'm going to try to be a little more agressive with my BR as I feel I have a big edge in those games but just didn't play because it seemed like a lot of money and I was hesitant to sit. Hopefully I run good and wont have to go back to 400NL.wish me luck!Gabe

I've decided to take a shot at 600nl...I'm way over-rolled for it so it's not crazy or anything. I'm going to give myself 5 buyins to lose. I should have already been playing 3/6 but a number of factors held me back. I spent way too much money out of my BR, and I lost lots of money because of the exchange rate. I wanted to start palying 600NL when I have 60k, but will start now with ~48k.... If I lose 5 buy ins I'll move down to 2/4....If not, I'll move to 5/10nl when I reach 75k and give myself 5 buyins before moving back down....I'm going to try to be a little more agressive with my BR as I feel I have a big edge in those games but just didn't play because it seemed like a lot of money and I was hesitant to sit. Hopefully I run good and wont have to go back to 400NL.wish me luck!Gabe
gl
gl
Zach,The next 2 years are going to be a crossroads for online poker. It will almost certainly be regulated by the US, but its still unclear what effect that will ultimately have. Some think it will be Party Poker x 20, others think it will be taxed/raked/completely ruined. Imo, the possibilities are endless if it is regulated by the US. (think tons of sponsorships, promotions, exponential growth overseas etc) Nobody knows for sure, but setting aside corporate "career" plans for a few years to try to make some real $ while you are very young can't be a bad thing. Unless of course you want a career in something like investment banking.On the flip side, you must be realistic. You said you made like 28k this year in 10 months yet you plan on making 100k next year...I'm not saying you can't do that but there is a correlation between what you did this year and what you will do next year. Also, the games aren't getting any easier and people are improving daily...
Well, the thing about the 27k this year, and my overzealous plans for next year, maybe, are that I basically had a tiny BR when I quit so I was playing a lot lower than my skill, IMO. But grinding out where 90% of my income goes to my bills, is not a good way to build up a bankroll. Now that I'm getting my bankroll to a much larger scale, I'm already feeling the benefits of being able to play higher limit games than I could before. I also had a few stretches in the early months where I probably wasn't playing my best poker, and resulted in a few poor months. Since August, I've made over $13k, in a bit more than 3 months, and I just feel now that I'm nearing the start of something big. It's tough to explain, but I just think the potential in the game I'm playing right now is through the roof, and $10k months should be fairly routine, and as the BR grows, my profitability grows exponentially. I know some will argue that the games are tougher higher up, etc, but the games I'm looking at playing, I've been watching for the better part of the year, and sweating a friend in them, and know what I can expect from them.I personally think 100k is the bare minimum I could make next year, but I've been wrong before. When I foolishly thought I'd make $4500 a month like I did in January of 07, and then quit my $8/hr job, I figured I'd be making $50-60k this year. Turns out I was way off on that one, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in the 35-40k bracket this year, so I wasn't that far off. I'm a lot more experienced, and a lot more mature in the poker world right now, IMO. Again, I could be way off. :)With respect to "career plans", my biggest problem is that I really just don't know what to do. I don't really want to do anything with my Econ degree, and I don't really have that dream of becoming an astronaut or whatever, so I don't even know what I'd like to go back to school to do. I agree that putting it off at this point in time isn't the biggest of deals. If something happens, in a couple years, and I decide on something I'd like to do for a career, I can certainly go back to school, hopefully with a bunch of money sitting in the bank, and a part time poker job.
I think the games are tougher, but it's all about finding a game that you can beat consistently at and for a decent win rate...if i recall, zach, aren't you canadian? can't canadians play on PP?meh, if you can play PP/prima poker, you should be able to find games that you can beat very well and move thru the limits.- Jordan
PP is overrated according to a lot of people who play there, but that's for a limit side. As far as my research as done, I've found the best site I can play on at my limits, IMO, but always looking for better places as I move up. At this point, I'm not too worried about finding games at my levels, but really just wanted to know if there was anyone who had insight about the near future.

2+2 graphs posted at end of every month in BBV...so many disgusting PP graphs. i would def not think it's overrated...maybe in limit, idk, but if that's the case freaking get good at nl. :club:- Jordan

So, anyone at 200k yet?
ill go ahead and say i will be like april/may if i play ~30-40k hands a month. and stay at the limits i am a regular at right now (2/4 and 3/6) and dont move up to 5/10 full time, with a little 3/6 and 2/4 mixed in. if i did that, and kept a 2.5-5ptbb win rate then i'd get there faster, but i honestly am not sure what i'm going to do. have some taxes i have to pay soon too, so i prob wont be jumping up for a little longer. not to mention im not logging 40k hand months right now.not sure if i will though.- Jordan
ill go ahead and say i will be like april/may if i play ~30-40k hands a month. and stay at the limits i am a regular at right now (2/4 and 3/6) and dont move up to 5/10 full time, with a little 3/6 and 2/4 mixed in. if i did that, and kept a 2.5-5ptbb win rate then i'd get there faster, but i honestly am not sure what i'm going to do. have some taxes i have to pay soon too, so i prob wont be jumping up for a little longer. not to mention im not logging 40k hand months right now.not sure if i will though.- Jordan
this graph doesnt include 25/50, since i've sold action at that limit, nor does it include -4k from plo. ive played 50/100 once, near hand 145k or something. the rest been anything from .5/1 to 10/20from may 07 to today (ewps put 06 at first)May-Nov-8.jpgim no more +/- 2-3k from 25/50. not sure off top of my head, but i could figure it out. prob down a grand or so.so, my last two sessions im down like 4k or something, but i started a heater this month up about 10k and only play a few thousand hands, but i ran hot at 3/6 and won like 2k at 10/20 hu...but im really just not logging hands right now.im not sure how much im up or down from mtts either in this time. i'm assuming up, but probably not a lot. i can think of two "big" cashes for like 10k, and then another 3k on teh side, but im prob only net up 4-5k in mtts.- Jordan

fwiw, from like hand 160k to now i had like 3 massive tilt sessions, kinda why it's so ridiculously mountainous...but this month i haven't tilted at all, prob played like 5-7k hands, and like i said just went on a ridic heater, till my last two sessions and thats the little down mark.- Jordan

Villain is 16/14 and seems like standard TAG....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($496.65)CO ($48.70)Button ($231.30)SB ($217.65)BB ($193)UTG ($234.70)Preflop: Hero is MP with Kdiamond.gif, Kheart.gif. UTG raises to $6, Hero raises to $22, 1 fold, Button calls $22, 2 folds, UTG calls $16.Flop: ($69) 4spade.gif, Qclub.gif, 9diamond.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $42, Button raises to $209.3, UTG folds, Hero ???

pretty sure you beat nothing here, given his stats and range pf and flop pushing range.unless he is pulling a move with like a pure bluff here some odd % of the time, looks like a fold although i'd want to break things, and depending on how i was playing, feeling..but i think it's a muckfreaking 16/14...puke barf.- Jordan

LOL, I can't beat anyone.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$46 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :):club:Hero raises, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: :D :D :D (6SB, 3 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.Turn: :D (5BB, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.River: :) (13BB, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 13BBBB Shows Qd 8d

How many hands do you have logged in at LHE?
I had at least 10-15k (I'm really not sure), but I lost all the hands because my computer got cleared. I still suck though :club:
what do you mean "raked"...i mean, if it's regulated, US companies won't over take companies based outta "Antigua" or whatever? I really don't know all that legalization will mean, except for probably more strict issues with income tax. But, if you are already paying your taxes, I don't see how it will be completely ruined.
I mean its possible that when regulated, the landscape will completely change. It could be a situation where the biggest game spread is like 5/10 limit and .5/1 nl, with insanely high rake. Once the govt has control, who knows what will happen. They will do everything in their power to make it the most profitable for them. If that means only having tiny games so everyone gradually gets crushed by the rake and nobody wins but the house, that is what they will do. I'm not saying that will be the case, but I am saying that online poker will not be the free for all it once was.
I mean its possible that when regulated, the landscape will completely change. It could be a situation where the biggest game spread is like 5/10 limit and .5/1 nl, with insanely high rake. Once the govt has control, who knows what will happen. They will do everything in their power to make it the most profitable for them. If that means only having tiny games so everyone gradually gets crushed by the rake and nobody wins but the house, that is what they will do. I'm not saying that will be the case, but I am saying that online poker will not be the free for all it once was.
The American government shouldn't be able to regulate anything until it gets its dollar fixed, I've lost $600 in two months because the Australian dollar is doing so well and the American so poorly, and thats like 1/4 of my BR.

I is good, converter brokenPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.505 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $46.05CO: $49.95Hero: $60.05SB: $57.75BB: $60.55Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :):icon_dance:2 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: :club::D:icon_dance: ($3.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls.Turn: :) ($7.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: :icon_dance: ($7.5, 2 players)SB bets $3.5, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $14.5SB showed Qh KcAnd while trying to find new converter, never give someone the correct odds to draw.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $44.10UTG+1: $201.90CO: $52.20Hero: $57.85SB: $4.40BB: $56.15Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with :):D UTG calls, UTG+1 raises to $1.5, CO folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.Flop: :icon_dance: :icon_dance: :icon_dance: ($5.25, 3 players)UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $3, Hero calls, UTG raises to $8, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($24.25, 2 players)UTG bets $10, Hero calls.River: :D ($44.25, 2 players)UTG is all-in $24.6, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: $93.45UTG showed Jd Qh