New Challenge (old Challenge)

I don't like 4-betting pf there. By 4-betting, I narrow his continuing range to AA, QQ, AK, KK imo. I was going for pot control because we were so deep, and I feel like keeping his range very wide while still giving him an impression that I have a wide range is very good here. Once the turn hit I was 100% sure he had AA, QQ, or JJ. I think that checking the turn is the only way to get value because I don't think he's ever calling a turn and river bet, and I think there's a better chance he calls a river bet after I check turn than he calls a turn bet.I think I'm satisfied with how I played it, I was wondering if anybody had an argument for betting the turn. I'm up like $3100 in the past 2 days, so only $2k more to go to get out of the hole in July.Results: He called and had AA.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Grabbed by Holdem ManagerNL Holdem $4(BB) Full Tilt Game#7168709178Acid_Knight ($2,122)laBomba84 ($1,076)laBomba84 raises to $8call, FLOP ($16) T :club: 4 :D 7 :club:check, laBomba84 bets $4, Acid_Knight calls $4, TURN ($24) A :heart:check, laBomba84 bets $4, Acid_Knight calls $4, RIVER ($32) Q :heart:check, laBomba84 bets $4, Acid_Knight raises to $36, laBomba84 raises to $68, Acid_Knight raises to $232, laBomba84 calls $164, Acid_Knight shows J :ts K :club:Acid_Knight wins $495.50
I hate not shoving the river or raising a lot more imo.710rc8.jpgRobusto and done for the day!Here's a good hand.http://www.pokerhand.org/?2874189
FU turn :(MP ($19.17)CO ($15.36)Button ($3.55)SB ($20)Hero ($20.36)UTG ($21.54)Preflop: Hero is BB with 2club.gif, 6club.gif. 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: ($0.30) 2spade.gif, 6heart.gif, 7heart.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.5, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25.Turn: ($1.30) Adiamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65.River: ($2.60) 8spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $1.3, Hero calls $1.30.Final Pot: $5.20Results in white below: Hero has 2c 6c (two pair, sixes and twos). CO has 7s Ac (two pair, aces and sevens). Outcome: CO wins $5.20. I had seriously, from the flop minraise on, no clue how to play the hand, and I think I played it pretty horrid...I came to the conclusion I'd just c/c down if the board stays fairly safe...was retarded enough to not even consider him having A7 there...What line's best here? on flop, tun and river?
3bet flop to about $3. Call a shove. Your ahead about 107% of the time on the flop.
I hate not shoving the river or raising a lot more imo.
Thats what I thought when I saw the hand posted.Mark

Chat from Cobalt's 10/20 HULHE table after his opponent got it AI drawing almost dead.scredid: I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOUscredid: MARK MY WORDscredid: I REALLY DOESNT MATTER TO MEscredid: I WILL HUNT YOU DOWNscredid: AND SLIT YOUR THROATscredid: IT WILL BE FUN TO WATCH YOU BLEEDBlueCobalt: Someone really wants their chat banned.scredid: MY CHAT DOESNT MATTERscredid: IT WILL BE REAL LIFE FOR YOUscredid: I HAVE NOTHING LEFT MT LIFE IS OVERscredid: SO I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN WITH MEscredid: EVERY WHERE YOU GO ON HERE I WILL BE FOLLOWINGscredid: UNTILL I TRACK YOU DOWNscredid: SO HAVE YOUR FUN NOW

Chat from Cobalt's 10/20 HULHE table after his opponent got it AI drawing almost dead.scredid: I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOUscredid: MARK MY WORDscredid: I REALLY DOESNT MATTER TO MEscredid: I WILL HUNT YOU DOWNscredid: AND SLIT YOUR THROATscredid: IT WILL BE FUN TO WATCH YOU BLEEDBlueCobalt: Someone really wants their chat banned.scredid: MY CHAT DOESNT MATTERscredid: IT WILL BE REAL LIFE FOR YOUscredid: I HAVE NOTHING LEFT MT LIFE IS OVERscredid: SO I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN WITH MEscredid: EVERY WHERE YOU GO ON HERE I WILL BE FOLLOWINGscredid: UNTILL I TRACK YOU DOWNscredid: SO HAVE YOUR FUN NOW
I didn't know Dutch played HULHE.

Sorry if it's been asked but what vids on CR would you recommend to watch for HU play? I've been messing around playing shorties the past few days and its a ton of fun, but I feel like I'm probably making a lot of mistakes. Thanks for the recos.

What the hell am I supposed to do on this river? Villain is NxtWorldChmp, solid winning reg. Do I shove? Call? Entertain the idea of folding?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $400UTG+1: $422CO: $453Hero: $598.90SB: $208.20BB: $866.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8 :D 8 :5c UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $18, SB folds, BB raises to $64, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 5 :D 8 :club: T :D ($134, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: 9 :4h ($134, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $85, BB calls.River: 2 :ts ($304, 2 players)BB bets $150, Hero ????

What the hell am I supposed to do on this river? Villain is NxtWorldChmp, solid winning reg. Do I shove? Call? Entertain the idea of folding?Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $400UTG+1: $422CO: $453Hero: $598.90SB: $208.20BB: $866.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8 :D 8 :5c UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $18, SB folds, BB raises to $64, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.Flop: 5 :D 8 :club: T :D ($134, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: 9 :4h ($134, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $85, BB calls.River: 2 :ts ($304, 2 players)BB bets $150, Hero ????
i don't understand what he rr with PF that checks the flop besides top set where he thinks you maybe didn't catch enough to continue, but I think he'd at least give it a shot on the turn with a set. i can't decide if it looks like a blocker bet or a value bet w/ JJ+ / better set.i'll vote call because i don't think a shove is getting called by worse as you describe the opponent
Sorry if it's been asked but what vids on CR would you recommend to watch for HU play? I've been messing around playing shorties the past few days and its a ton of fun, but I feel like I'm probably making a lot of mistakes. Thanks for the recos.
deuces cracked is the best site fore HU vids by far
Hmmm....I don't play your stakes, but how in the world can we consider folding here? Also, curious about your reasoning for not betting the flop. I would think he liked his hand enough to 3bet it, why not bet something like a little over half pot giving him a chance to CR what looks like a weak bet. If he has a hand you get it in on the flop, if he's 3betting light it gives him a chance to continue the bluff. I'm not saying that's the right way to play it, just what my thoughts would be.edit: looking at it again, wouldn't he 3bet a fairly wide range from the bb against a button raise? Then try to steal it on the river since you've shown weakness?

Napa - sign up for deuces cracked, even for the free 7 day trial. Download the entire pr1nnyraiding series. The vids don't expire, even if you don't sign up on dc.HU is fun, just look at these hands - Two from my first day at HU today. How could anyone not want to play this game? lolFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.502 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $50.10BB: $17.15Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with A :3h A :club: Hero calls, BB raises to $2, Hero raises to $6.25, BB raises all-in $17.15, Hero calls.Flop: Q :D 8 :qh 2 :D ($34.3, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $34.3)Turn: T :qh ($34.3, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $34.3)River: K :ts ($34.3, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $34.3)Results:Final pot: $34.3BB showed Th TsHero showed Ac AdFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.502 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: $50.75BB: $9.25Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with A :D Q :icon_clap:Hero raises to $1.5, BB raises to $4.5, Hero raises all-in $50.75, BB calls all-in $4.75.Uncalled bets: $41.5 returned to Hero. Flop: 5 :D 9 :4h 3 :D ($18.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $18.5)Turn: 4 :5c ($18.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $18.5)River: K :icon_clap: ($18.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $18.5)Results:Final pot: $18.5BB showed Ks QhHero showed Ac Qc

the 1010 hand is pretty standardif you have to play nlhe online, hu with v good game selection is obv the way to go---wrapping up the week: + $1310 from non-nlhe games

Hmmm....I don't play your stakes, but how in the world can we consider folding here? Also, curious about your reasoning for not betting the flop. I would think he liked his hand enough to 3bet it, why not bet something like a little over half pot giving him a chance to CR what looks like a weak bet. If he has a hand you get it in on the flop, if he's 3betting light it gives him a chance to continue the bluff. I'm not saying that's the right way to play it, just what my thoughts would be.edit: looking at it again, wouldn't he 3bet a fairly wide range from the bb against a button raise? Then try to steal it on the river since you've shown weakness?
I wasn't really considering folding.I'm not betting the flop because I want him to catch up at least somewhat. It's likely he has 2 overs and whiffed the flop, if he pairs the turn I can possibly valuetown the turn and river. I just didn't think that he'd be going for a c/r with an overpair on this flop.

is kk99 a standard hand to get in pre?PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($359.45)UTG ($302.10)Hero ($100)CO ($99.50)Button ($93.20)SB ($51.60)Preflop: Hero is MP with Aheart.gif, Aclub.gif, 8club.gif, Qspade.gif. UTG calls $1, Hero raises to $4.5, 2 folds, SB calls $4, BB raises to $11, UTG calls $10, Hero raises to $48.5, SB folds, BB calls $37.50, UTG folds.Flop: ($112.50) 4heart.gif, 3spade.gif, 5spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $51.5 (All-In), BB calls $51.50.Turn: ($215.50) 9spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($215.50) 5heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $215.50Results in white below: *** SUMMARY ***Total pot $215.50 | Rake $3 Board [4h 3s 5s 9s 5h]Seat 1: gheese (big blind) showed [9d Kc 9h Kh] and won ($212.50) with a full house, Nines full of FivesSeat 2: jpfish75 folded before FlopSeat 3: ROBBBIGG mucked [Ah Ac 8c Qs]Seat 4: Bemsha Swing folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: 28yroldman (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: ChumpZillla (small blind) folded before FlopOutcome: BB wins $215.50.

Chat from Cobalt's 10/20 HULHE table after his opponent got it AI drawing almost dead.
Actually the third time I've been threatened with bodily harm at a 10/20 HU LHE table in the past couple of weeks.
why limit yourself to any one game. Good game selection is obv the way to go
FYP
They're both pretty standard as far as I know, right up til the point I lose as 80% favorite...lol
work on it :club:
No way in hell he isn't bombing the turn after you bet with hands that beat you. I think this is going to be QQ, JJ a lot and his bet looks like "I want to block, get value" type bet. Shove it in, I can't imagine you are ever behind here. When I first looked at the hand, my thought was just call cause I can't imagine what he calls a shove with that we beat but we should never underestimate people's ability to hit the call button. He is never not raising the turn with TT, 99, QJ or even 76 so we should never be beat.Edit: Also, I still think it is possible this is AA, KK and he wasn't looking to get a stack and half in on that flop that really crushes your range. Once you checked the flop back he immediately thought you didn't have a set but the 9 hits and he gets worried again that you now have a super strong hand, so he decides to check/call again. Then the river comes and he starts thinking of all the hands he might need to get some value from and puts in a bet that he gets value and he doesn't have to call a bigger bet to see showdown. I think this is AA, KK, QQ, JJ almost always.

WOW, hu nlhe is a sick sick game. I don't know how you guys deal with it sometimes. I did alright tonight but I think I'm too passive right now. I was taking a shot at 2-4 nl hu and finished up over a buy in in a 73 minute 274 hand match. I think I will try and stick with .50/1.00 hu for now. Took $100 up to over $900 tonight playing strictly hu. I got some hands I am going to post tomorrow while at work for some help. I was definitely stuck in some spots. I lost a lot of little pots but I managed to win most of the big ones. Tonight's final graph.0710graphhu2.jpg