New Challenge (old Challenge)

Thoughts?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($22.30)Button ($11.05)SB ($10.35)Hero ($15.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :5c , K :4h . UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, UTG calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.85) K :ts , 6 :D , Q :D(2 players)Hero bets $0.55, UTG calls $0.55.Turn: ($1.95) 8 :club:(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2.River: ($7.95) T :D(2 players)Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $8, Hero ???Only the fifth hand at the table, villain had raised the first hand UTG to 3x, checked the flop, called a 10 cent bet on the turn and folded to a $1 bet on the river.I played this hand pretty weird. I was hoping to give the 'c-bet' and then check the turn to induce a bet. I raised and he calls straight away. Then we have this min-raise on the river. Are we ever ahead here, and are we only ahead of a bluff? Looking at it I think this is either a flush or a bluff, but I thought it interested in the course of the game.
you are almost never good here. i would check the river here since every draw gets there
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Woooooooo!!! LMAOFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP ($25.25)CO ($32.80)Button ($21.25)SB ($15.55)BB ($33.10)Hero ($41.75)Preflop: Hero is UTG with kc.gif, ks.gif. Hero raises to $0.85, 3 folds, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold.Flop: ($1.95) 6h.gif, 8h.gif, 9d.gif(2 players)SB bets $1.95, Hero raises to $7, SB calls $5.05.Turn: ($15.95) 5c.gif(2 players)SB bets $7.7 (All-In), Hero calls $7.70.River: ($31.35) 7c.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $31.35Results in white below: SB has 7h 7s (straight, nine high). Hero has Kc Ks (straight, nine high). Outcome:

Yeah, I really lost control of the pot and in the end I hated the way I played it. Villain obviously showed the A2 of spades for the flush and left the table immediately after :club:

I feel the exact same way, so much so I actually posted. I feel like I'm way way better than i used to be last year, but I've had a really rough 2008. The thing that I struggle with doing is my thinking in reviewing or talking about hands is much better...HOWEVER during the hands I don't make the same correct decisions, b/c I'm leveling myself like you and then I take too long...etc etc. Also there are so many different layers that you sometimes get away from the b/b/shove and just simple lines that even work against regs. Also the games seem to be a lot more aggressive recently and that just leaves so many tough spots where you question yourself a ton.
LOL, the bolded is funny. Yeah, I really think I need to simplify my thought process at least for a while. I just have built up so much history with regs that getting tricky and not playing straight forward just really ends up f'ing with your head.You have really run like ass and that makes you question everything. Your EV graphs make me want to cry.

asdklfhadsfojghdsrkjltaeroiKDSThis game is so ****ing sick I swear ugh tonight and earlier basically wiped out my monster day before7-11-08.jpg7-11-08PEV.jpgLast month was my first losing month, no way is this crap happening again. +$364.15 over 7187 (Major catchup to play)

Those people who say you need to be aggressive while playing poker to make money.... pbbbbtttthhhh to you! :club::ts:D :D :4h Money bubble just burst at the ME and:Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:50:00 A Chip and a Chair with No One in It We've published two posts today about the elusive Fernando Gordo who has failed to appear at all today. The question has been asked and many a side bet has probably been placed on whether his 137,900 would make it into the money. I can tell you it was close, very close indeed. He has made it with a grand total of 1,100 left behind! A yellow 1,000 chip and chip with a 100 value, enough for three more antes. Fernando runs so good that he also managed to win the race-off for the 100 chips so now has a grand total of 1,500. Ship it!

A few gems from tonight, notice the instasupersnap call in the second hand wtfAbsolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Absolute-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($154.25)UTG ($249.22)MP ($216.80)CO ($264.75)Hero ($274.35)SB ($181.68)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB raises to $11.5, Hero calls $8.50.Flop: ($24.50) 9diamond.gif, 5spade.gif, 5heart.gif(2 players)BB bets $15, Hero raises to $40, BB calls $25.Turn: ($104.50) 3heart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $105.5, BB calls $101.75 (All-In).River: ($311.75) 5club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $308Results in white below: BB has As Ac (full house, fives full of aces). Hero has Qs Qd (full house, fives full of queens). Outcome: BB wins $308. **************************************************************************************************************************************Absolute Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Absolute-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($229.25)BB ($248.32)UTG ($214.75)MP ($229.90)Hero ($122.75)Button ($123.78)Preflop: Hero is CO with Tdiamond.gif, Kclub.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to $4, Button raises to $8, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($17.50) Qclub.gif, Jclub.gif, 8diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.Turn: ($29.50) T :ts (2 players)[/color]Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero raises to $108.75, Button calls $101.75.River: ($247) 7 :club: (2 players)[/color]Final Pot: $247Results in white below: Hero has Td Kc (one pair, tens). Button has As Th (one pair, tens). Outcome: Button wins $247.

Those people who say you need to be aggressive while playing poker to make money.... pbbbbtttthhhh to you! :club::ts:D :D :4h Money bubble just burst at the ME and:Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:50:00 A Chip and a Chair with No One in It We've published two posts today about the elusive Fernando Gordo who has failed to appear at all today. The question has been asked and many a side bet has probably been placed on whether his 137,900 would make it into the money. I can tell you it was close, very close indeed. He has made it with a grand total of 1,100 left behind! A yellow 1,000 chip and chip with a 100 value, enough for three more antes. Fernando runs so good that he also managed to win the race-off for the 100 chips so now has a grand total of 1,500. Ship it!
Guess that means this guy made the money too. Little consolation.
so sad .. hope this puts how un important poker can be some times some ppl bust out and others are blinded out for tragic reasons.When Poker Becomes UnimportantWe have at least two unclaimed stacks in the room today, one of which belongs to Vimy Ha. His chips reside at Table Blue 16, but he has not touched them today, and it is now clear that they will be unused for the duration of the Main Event.PokerNews received word today that Vimy's young niece and nephew, one and three years old, respectively, tragically drowned in their pool in Coppell, Texas yesterday evening. Vimy flew out from Las Vegas first thing this morning to be with his family, and he has not returned to play Day 3.Vimy Ha's overnight chip count was 190,600, and right now there are still 99,100 of them in front of his empty chair. With each round of play costing 8,100 chips, it is actually feasible that Ha could cash despite his absence, though that is no matter to him at the present.Every now and then, we receive an unfortunate reminder of what is really important in life, and poker is certainly not at the top of the list. PokerNews offers our sincerest condolences to Ha and his family.
Thoughts?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($22.30)Button ($11.05)SB ($10.35)Hero ($15.85)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :5c , K :4h . UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, UTG calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.85) K :ts , 6 :D , Q :D(2 players)Hero bets $0.55, UTG calls $0.55.Turn: ($1.95) 8 :club:(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3, UTG calls $2.River: ($7.95) T :D(2 players)Hero bets $4, UTG raises to $8, Hero ???Only the fifth hand at the table, villain had raised the first hand UTG to 3x, checked the flop, called a 10 cent bet on the turn and folded to a $1 bet on the river.I played this hand pretty weird. I was hoping to give the 'c-bet' and then check the turn to induce a bet. I raised and he calls straight away. Then we have this min-raise on the river. Are we ever ahead here, and are we only ahead of a bluff? Looking at it I think this is either a flush or a bluff, but I thought it interested in the course of the game.
tbh, on this board texture I think villains check behind a TON on the turn, im not really a big fan of the c/r

what's that? You want to limp Q-2 sooooted UTG? And call my raise with AK. Of course you do. And the flop comes out 2-2-K? Bye bye stack.And then? Call my AJ raise with J2 and open push the J-x-x flop? River the deuce.*waves goodbye to two hours of grinding*KHS, the answer to all question lie in using Absolute PokerOh, ffs. This is ridiculous. Yay poker.

Dude are you serious? That's an instant shove for me there. I'm probably even shoving AA here. Don't underestimate people's abilities to call with worse. Anyone who isn't shoving is a massive nit and this is coming from a nit.
youre a nit?
Sorry if it's been asked but what vids on CR would you recommend to watch for HU play? I've been messing around playing shorties the past few days and its a ton of fun, but I feel like I'm probably making a lot of mistakes. Thanks for the recos.
Rapters are real good, SBrugby is solid, and anything CTS is amazing. Also, deuces cracked does have the best HU vids.Edit: oh, start with the sbrugby/greenplastic/ezra vid. Maybe the best training poker video ever.
PokerStove had my hand as like a 51:49 favorite but yeah I'm getting nearly 2:1 on the call so the call is easy if villain will do this with TP or overpair. Given that a set or two pair makes up part of villain's range it becomes less +EV but then a naked FD is also probably in his range so that balances it a bit.Generally though you're better off pushing with a pair+FD because the added EV from your fold equity is where you make the real profit.
Good to know, ta :club:

In my best Ric Flair voice: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB ($25)BB ($36.70)UTG ($35.35)Hero ($46)CO ($33.35)Button ($24.65)Preflop: Hero is MP with 4c.gif, 4s.gif. UTG calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.1, CO calls $1.10, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.85.Flop: ($3.65) 6d.gif, 9h.gif, 4d.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $2.75, CO raises to $7, UTG raises to $34.25 (All-In), Hero raises to $44.9 (All-In), CO calls $25.25 (All-In).Turn: ($115.05) 8s.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)River: ($115.05) 5h.gif(3 players, 3 all-in)Final Pot: $104.40Results in white below: UTG has 2d Kd (high card, king). Hero has 4c 4s (three of a kind, fours). CO has Ac As (one pair, aces). Outcome:

july11amsess2125nlys1.jpgQuit at like 1750, I know.
My attitude is pretty much any win is a good win. It doesn't matter whether the losing hands came in the middle or the end. They would've been there no matter what. Helps me keep my sanity.