New Challenge (old Challenge)

I really didn't know what to do. Villain is a reg. I checked unpost blinds cuz we were both deep and he had position on me... then this happens. He's an 18/15/6.6, I think he probably thinks I'm a nit and weak. We are playin on like 3 tables together and I don't think we've played any pots of consequence but I know he has 3bet me from the blinds when I raised from CO and I folded.No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($200)BB ($79.30)UTG ($82.85)Hero (MP) ($403.15)CO ($42)Button ($392.60)Preflop: Hero is MP with Kheart.gif, Kdiamond.gif1 fold, Hero raises $8, 1 fold, Button raises $26, 2 folds, Hero raises $54, Button calls $36Flop: ($127) 2spade.gif, Jspade.gif, 4spade.gif(2 players)Hero...?I know I should raise more pf on the 4bet, prob to like $66 or so, but I'm more interested in flop play.
You're 200BBs deep preflop and that means that when you 4 bet him, you can and probably should 3x 4 bet him because of stack sizes alone. Your 4bet size is more reasonable for 100BB stacks (though still a tad small I think) but with those stacks, you GOTTA make it bigger.I don't know what to do on the flop :club:
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

do i bet this flop? I feel that I can bet/call or bet/fold depending on further action...edit: Do you even maybe flat the turn? I didnt cuz I didnt want to see something like an A on the river. still learningPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($11)UTG ($12.25)UTG+1 ($4.35)MP1 ($3)MP2 ($14.30)MP3 ($2.55)CO ($8.60)Button ($10.35)Hero (SB) ($10.85)Preflop: Hero is SB with 10 :D, 6 :3h1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.70) 10 :club:, A :ts, 6 :4h(7 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.70) 10 :D(7 players)Hero bets $0.70, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, MP3 calls $1.05 (All-In)River: ($7) Q :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $7 | Rake: $0.35Results:Hero had 10 :D, 6 :qh (full house, tens over sixes).MP3 mucked K :jh, J :D (straight, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $6.65

is this a standard or do you c/c flop instead of b/f? No reads on players yet.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($11.40)MP1 ($12.10)MP2 ($3)CO ($14.20)Button ($9.85)SB ($8.50)Hero (BB) ($14.70)Preflop: Hero is BB with 10 :ts, 10 :club:3 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.80, CO calls $1.30Flop: ($3.65) Q :4h, 3 :5c, 8 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $3, CO raises to $7, Hero foldsTotal pot: $9.65 | Rake: $0.45Results:CO didn't showOutcome: CO won $9.20

do i bet this flop? I feel that I can bet/call or bet/fold depending on further action...edit: Do you even maybe flat the turn? I didnt cuz I didnt want to see something like an A on the river. still learningPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($11)UTG ($12.25)UTG+1 ($4.35)MP1 ($3)MP2 ($14.30)MP3 ($2.55)CO ($8.60)Button ($10.35)Hero (SB) ($10.85)Preflop: Hero is SB with 10 :D, 6 :3h1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checksFlop: ($0.70) 10 :club:, A :ts, 6 :4h(7 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checksTurn: ($0.70) 10 :D(7 players)Hero bets $0.70, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.40, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, MP3 calls $1.05 (All-In)River: ($7) Q :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $7 | Rake: $0.35Results:Hero had 10 :D, 6 :qh (full house, tens over sixes).MP3 mucked K :jh, J :D (straight, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $6.65
watYou know you make your bets based on equity, regardless of the chance that you could be beaten.
watYou know you make your bets based on equity, regardless of the chance that you could be beaten.
True, with that said how do you approch this hand? Ive always had the toughest time with two pair on a flush board.then on turn play, with sooo many players in do you think its better to wait until river instead of forcing action on turn?Im really trying to learn nl online so sorry if these questions are basic, but please bear with me!
True, with that said how do you approch this hand? Ive always had the toughest time with two pair on a flush board.then on turn play, with sooo many players in do you think its better to wait until river instead of forcing action on turn?Im really trying to learn nl online so sorry if these questions are basic, but please bear with me!
I usually fold pre but that's the least of issues. Probably lead flop, folding to a raise. Definitely bet turn. Didn't you catch the memo about NOT slowplaying? People will pay off with anything and his stack has like nothing behind.
I usually fold pre but that's the least of issues. Probably lead flop, folding to a raise. Definitely bet turn. Didn't you catch the memo about NOT slowplaying? People will pay off with anything and his stack has like nothing behind.
you fold pre getting 11-1 in the SB?edit: also, i dont consider checking that flop as a slow play, do you?
you fold pre getting 11-1 in the SB?edit: also, i dont consider checking that flop as a slow play, do you?
I would've folded pre as well. You have to consider what you're going to do if you flop TP and get a lot of action. I used to lose a lot of money that way. Yes you hit gin here, but what kind of flop can you really hope to get with T6o?
I would've folded pre as well. You have to consider what you're going to do if you flop TP and get a lot of action. I used to lose a lot of money that way. Yes you hit gin here, but what kind of flop can you really hope to get with T6o?
I see what you are saying. I think thats the LHE thinking that I have that doesnt muck anything getting those odds in the SB.
Your direct odds here are pretty meaningless if you are going to be hemorrhaging future money postflop.
bc you have rakeback at FTP this is a mistake imo, fpps at micros will do nothing for you and you will move up way faster w rb even w double rake
Totally agree with this - rake is god in the micro's
You're 200BBs deep preflop and that means that when you 4 bet him, you can and probably should 3x 4 bet him because of stack sizes alone. Your 4bet size is more reasonable for 100BB stacks (though still a tad small I think) but with those stacks, you GOTTA make it bigger.I don't know what to do on the flop :club:
Yeah I feel like the converter makes it look like my 4bet is smaller than it is, it went 8 -> 26 -> 62. Which I think is standard/on the bigger side of standard for 100bb stacks, but 68-70 is better considering stacks, maybe even a lil bigger than that.No flop analysis from anyone!!!!
Yeah I feel like the converter makes it look like my 4bet is smaller than it is, it went 8 -> 22 -> 62. Which I think is standard/on the bigger side of standard for 100bb stacks, but 68-70 is better considering stacks, maybe even a lil bigger than that.No flop analysis from anyone!!!!
I'd have timed out and folded having no clue what to do or how to approach the rest of the hand after I did what I did...no sw

morning all, I am sitting in a library in a small French village, just thought I would say hi while I sort out these stupid french keyboards. I will be home in about a week and I've had a great time, hope the poker and life is good for everyone :club:

Definitely take FTP and definitely do not play $10NL. If you've played 2/5NL live, then there is really no reason at all why you should not be playing $25NL. The rake at $10nl is insane and playing there really won't help you as a player, in my view it probably hinders most of the people on here who've played it for long periods of time.
Uhh...BR management reasons? He can play 10NL on Stars for a bit until he builds his roll and then move back over to 25NL on FTP...which hopefully shouldn't take long. If you're able to adapt as a player, there's no reason that playing a level should hinder you from playing the others. Yes, you use different skills, and no, you can't get complacent in thinking that every move that works at one will work at another. I played for play money for several months starting out...I considered that a useful.learning period.