Full Tilt 9man Sit And Go's

Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The fish are depleting, or they're learning. Either way, not good. The average SNG 4 months ago for me took anywhere between 40 minutes to 1hr. Now, of my last 17 of my last 20 Sit and Go's, they've all taken over an hour, the longest taken an hour and a half. I record how long the SNG takes on my spreadsheet, which is how I know/remebered this. Currently, I'm 45 minutes in and there is NOBODY out.I hate turbos, so I refuse to play em. But has anyone else noticed this trend?

The turbos on Tilt are incredibly easy. I usually play the $11 and under just play ABC poker and clean up!
Don't mean to be rude or act like I'm some balla because I'm not, but clean up?Griff_900 117 $0 $7 16% $46 - FullTilt x
The turbos on Tilt are incredibly easy. I usually play the $11 and under just play ABC poker and clean up!
I agree, play turbos. Just play like a comlete math-tard and push when you're +EV. In other words play tight early and push chips around late with huge blinds. $33 turbos are a complete joke.
Whether you guys want to admit it or not. The fish are depleting, or they're learning. Either way, not good. The average SNG 4 months ago for me took anywhere between 40 minutes to 1hr. Now, of my last 17 of my last 20 Sit and Go's, they've all taken over an hour, the longest taken an hour and a half. I record how long the SNG takes on my spreadsheet, which is how I know/remebered this. Currently, I'm 45 minutes in and there is NOBODY out.I hate turbos, so I refuse to play em. But has anyone else noticed this trend?
They're not getting better, they're just getting tighter. There's a difference.But yeah, when I stopped playing the average time for a SNG at AP was about 1:15 and it became completely not worth it.

I agree and have noticed this as well. And yes while tighter might not nessasarily mean better (it does) just the fact that blind levels get so large decreases EV. Not to mention with longer sng's productivity has drops as well.

I agree and have noticed this as well. And yes while tighter might not nessasarily mean better (it does) just the fact that blind levels get so large decreases EV. Not to mention with longer sng's productivity has drops as well.
Tighter doesn't mean better at all. If I literally folded every hand except for AA and KK (but only in unopened pots in late position) I'd be the tightest player at the table. I would not even be close to the best player at the table.
Tighter doesn't mean better at all. If I literally folded every hand except for AA and KK (but only in unopened pots in late position) I'd be the tightest player at the table. I would not even be close to the best player at the table.
I think what he means is that people may be learning that any two suited cards arent as good as they once thought and other things like that. they are tighter because they have learned more about the game, therefore getting better at the same time but at a minimal rate.
Don't mean to be rude or act like I'm some balla because I'm not, but clean up?Griff_900 117 $0 $7 16% $46 - FullTilt x
I have a question. Where are these stats coming from? I'm not aware of a free db that includes STT stats... Is this through a pay service, some piece of software? Just asking because I'd like to find better stats for STT's. Thanks, and if I'm just ridiculously unaware of what information is out there for free, let me know that as well.

FlopNutsOnYou 268 $1 $5 16% $228 Hot FullTilt Turbo sngs are fair easy, thats the $6 turbos, with a $100 loss the last few days, been getting sucked out on like a mad man.Just play abc poker, tight early on and very aggresive when the blinds increase. Usually 40 mins max per sngI usually play about 5-6 at a time, only started playing sngs this month really, maybe had about 50 before this month. Was -$50 profit when i started this month, once you work out a good style, they become very easy.

Yes, The Turbo's are a joke. I was down almost $3000 from regular tournaments and heads up and then switched to Turbo's and here are my results from last night. CrackerKid 338 $4 $93 5% $1,471 - FullTilt 13396260 15-Feb-07 22:46 TURBO NL Holdem $220 9 $160 13398177 15-Feb-07 22:39 TURBO NL Holdem $220 2 -$230 13397646 15-Feb-07 22:32 TURBO NL Holdem $220 2 $210 13396392 15-Feb-07 22:16 TURBO NL Holdem $110 9 $376 13393551 15-Feb-07 21:44 TURBO NL Holdem $110 9 $376 13390687 15-Feb-07 20:50 TURBO NL Holdem $110 9 $376 13388630 15-Feb-07 20:08 TURBO NL Holdem $110 9 $79 13386494 15-Feb-07 19:34 TURBO NL Holdem $110 9 $376

I completley agree. I like playing the shorthanded SNG's with 6 people. Last night I had 2 of them that lasted over and hour!! Completley ridiculous, and it really wears on my patience. My strategy on those is be aggresive early and see if you can pick up some chips. If that doesn't work you still have plenty of time because lately everyone is playing very conservitive. In the 2 I played I was short stacked with around 7-800 chips within about 10 minutes of it starting and then just sat back and picked my spots and ended up winning them both.A couple weeks ago I started a 18 man SNG the same time I started a 6 man SNG. The 6 man finished only about 10 minutes before the 18 man.
The only SNG strategy you will ever needI've always said the structure is pretty irrelenvant (ie, all SNGs are beatable, but some can be beat for more than others) in SNGs and whats more important is the rake. And 10% is always beatable.So just follow the above strategy and you'll be fine. Trust, I'd bet anyone that that is a winning strategy at SNGs

I actually don't mind the regular FTP SNG structure. I feel that I can profit off of the impatience of those who overplay high card hands during the endgame, as well as those who become weak-tight because they want to make the money so much. The only problem is the luck factor involved can get so high when the blinds eventually big, that's why I don't play the turbos because I am hoping during the earlier levels in the slower SNGs I can accrue a big chip stack through solid poker play that I can dictate the action much more. I played a $100+9 SNG last night and I was amazed at how bad some of the play was. I had one person limp in UTG with AA during the 20/40 level, only to stack me when I saw 98o in the BB for free, flopped two pair, and have him insta-call my re-raise jam. That's like $5+50 play right there.The only thing I dislike is when the structure gets so high because of all the nittyness lately, I can't use my small ball tactics as much during the endgame because players become jam happy. It just stinks because I play so well during the early levels, using small ball tactics to build a 4200 stack, only to have some minbetting donktard at the endgame continually pushing with some stupid hand and getting lucky. That's the frustrating part, the fact that there is less post flop poker and more preflop madness, giving worst players a higher edge through mathematically correct play when it counts the most. When I sit there for an hour, play solid poker, and then have some moron call my jam with 2/3rds of his stack with K8s and get there, it makes me less and less want to play SNGs.