**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Wow that is either awesome, or an awesome photoshop
It's a string. There are a few pictures out there of the string flying around in more obvious angles
you talked to quite a few idiots today
I agree with this. Forrest got caught and just like in his other fights his game plan went completely out the window after that. It was very bizarre watching it because he really had no chance staying on his feet with Silva.

I'm slowly learning MMA (ordered UFC 101 last week).Carano/Cyborg was a hell of a fight. I would question the stoppage right before the horn, but Carano definitely looked done.Rematch down the road?

I was flipping through the PPV guide last night and saw this event. $49.95!! I lol'd. I wouldn't even pay that if the oil wrestled.
LOL, no thanks. Yea I dont know why the Score shows Strikeforce events from 2 years ago but does nothing with the live events. Hopefully Strikeforce gets a deal with someone in Canada to show live events. Charging the same money as the UFC charges is just gonna keep their organization in obscurety up here.
LOL, no thanks. Yea I dont know why the Score shows Strikeforce events from 2 years ago but does nothing with the live events. Hopefully Strikeforce gets a deal with someone in Canada to show live events. Charging the same money as the UFC charges is just gonna keep their organization in obscurety up here.
Yeah, really. It's like they don't even try in any market outside the US. Oh well for them though. Tbh though, I wouldn't have even spent $20 on it.
I was flipping through the PPV guide last night and saw this event. $49.95!! I lol'd. I wouldn't even pay that if the oil wrestled.
? It was free, was it not? I watched it live on showtime last night and paid $0. I actually don't even pay for showtime, Directv gave it to me free for 3 months.
wow, not one word on Gegard Mousasi? That guy was a stone cold killer, a beast. I could not have been more impressed.
missed the card(didnt want to pay $50 for it). Will find a video and watch. Babalu is deffinatly a good measuring stick and it sounds like he kicked his ass.
missed the card(didnt want to pay $50 for it). Will find a video and watch. Babalu is deffinatly a good measuring stick and it sounds like he kicked his ass.
destroyed him. And the quiet calm he did it with actually frightened me, like he just stalked him, serial killer style then unleashed hell. It really looked like a 24 year old man fighting at 5th grader.

Lesnar-Carwin to Headline UFC 106Thursday, August 20, 2009Greg SavageUFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will meet Shane Carwin in his second title defense at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Sherdog.com has confirmed the news through several sources with knowledge of the agreement. MMAMadness.com was the first to report on the card shift that will see Carwin move from a scheduled bout against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104.Carwin has not answered calls for comment, but posted a message on his official Web Site Wednesday night.“I can't confirm or deny anything. I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way,” he wrote.Scheduling problems led to the dissolution of the previously agreed to Carwin-Velasquez matchup, according to a UFC source speaking anonymously because they were not authorized speak. Lesnar, the company’s top pay-per-view draw, had minor surgery after defeating Frank Mir in July, creating uncertainty as to when he would be available to fight again. His quick recovery allowed the promotion to bring him back in November, but with all of the top heavyweights already scheduled to fight, it was necessary to break up one of those bouts.Carwin became a buzzworthy suitor for the champion following swift first-round technical knockouts over Neil Wain at UFC 89 and Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin, a 1999 NCAA Div. II wrestling champion, battled back from an early knockdown from the Brazilian to finish Gonzaga with his heavy hands. Lesnar, 32, unified the heavyweight title and avenged his only loss with a second-round drubbing of former interim champion Frank Mir at UFC 100 last July. Lesnar, a 2000 NCAA Div. I heavyweight champion, won the title against perennial competitor Randy Couture by second-round TKO at UFC 91 last November. It was the former World Wrestling Entertainment star’s fourth professional bout.

Lesnar-Carwin to Headline UFC 106Thursday, August 20, 2009Greg SavageUFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar will meet Shane Carwin in his second title defense at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. Sherdog.com has confirmed the news through several sources with knowledge of the agreement. MMAMadness.com was the first to report on the card shift that will see Carwin move from a scheduled bout against Cain Velasquez at UFC 104.Carwin has not answered calls for comment, but posted a message on his official Web Site Wednesday night.“I can't confirm or deny anything. I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way,” he wrote.Scheduling problems led to the dissolution of the previously agreed to Carwin-Velasquez matchup, according to a UFC source speaking anonymously because they were not authorized speak. Lesnar, the company’s top pay-per-view draw, had minor surgery after defeating Frank Mir in July, creating uncertainty as to when he would be available to fight again. His quick recovery allowed the promotion to bring him back in November, but with all of the top heavyweights already scheduled to fight, it was necessary to break up one of those bouts.Carwin became a buzzworthy suitor for the champion following swift first-round technical knockouts over Neil Wain at UFC 89 and Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin, a 1999 NCAA Div. II wrestling champion, battled back from an early knockdown from the Brazilian to finish Gonzaga with his heavy hands. Lesnar, 32, unified the heavyweight title and avenged his only loss with a second-round drubbing of former interim champion Frank Mir at UFC 100 last July. Lesnar, a 2000 NCAA Div. I heavyweight champion, won the title against perennial competitor Randy Couture by second-round TKO at UFC 91 last November. It was the former World Wrestling Entertainment star’s fourth professional bout.
About the only compelling match up in the UFC for Lesnar right now. The question is though if Brock destroys Carwin whats next? Nog maybe if he beats Randy but if Randy wins I dont see him getting a shot with just one fight between his last Lesnar fight. Velasquez maybe but his inability to finish Kongo makes me think he has a 0% chance against Lesnar. Its really too bad they couldnt sign Fedor. Crocop would most likely get taken down and pulverized but at least he has the 1 shot chance of the upsetedit: Just read abot AS possibly moving up to HW to face Mir. If that happens and he beats Mir an AS vs Lesnar is about as big a superfight as I can think of. Hopefully AS vacates 185 and foucuses on 205 and HW.
About the only compelling match up in the UFC for Lesnar right now. The question is though if Brock destroys Carwin whats next? Nog maybe if he beats Randy but if Randy wins I dont see him getting a shot with just one fight between his last Lesnar fight. Velasquez maybe but his inability to finish Kongo makes me think he has a 0% chance against Lesnar. Its really too bad they couldnt sign Fedor. Crocop would most likely get taken down and pulverized but at least he has the 1 shot chance of the upsetedit: Just read abot AS possibly moving up to HW to face Mir. If that happens and he beats Mir an AS vs Lesnar is about as big a superfight as I can think of. Hopefully AS vacates 185 and foucuses on 205 and HW.
Can Anderson real think about fighting at HW. Lesnar would outweigh him by 70 pounds.
Can Anderson real think about fighting at HW. Lesnar would outweigh him by 70 pounds.
He walks around at 220 and looks like he has room on his frame to add effective bulk. UFC 103 preliminary card to be live on Spike to counter the Mayweather fight. I was wondering why they had so many fights on that card.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...70&name=mmaYou're the best "pound for pound" fighter in the world, whatever that means. You make excellent fighters look like skipping schoolgirls. And you're getting bored.If this description sounds familiar, you might well be Anderson Silva, famed sculptor of noses. And if you are, manager Ed Soares and the UFC have got a deal for you: According to SI.com's Josh Gross, manager and promotion have been conspiring to get Silva primed for the heavyweight division, with an eye toward Frank Mir as a possible first opponent.If you read the latest issue of Real Fighter, you surely noted that author David Samuels' excellent cover piece on Silva included a glimpse of his Friday prefight meal. Not to be a spoiler, but both McDonald's and Mars, Inc., are involved. The guy clearly likes to eat. Whether that translates into success in a division full of men who spill over the 265-pound weight limit is open to deliberation.Taking on smaller heavies like Randy Couture or division-straddling Brandon Vera? Yeah, I could see it. Getting out from underneath Brock Lesnar as he suffocates his prey with one giant pectoral muscle? Not quite as compelling.This is all vaporware at the moment. I would expect plans to change significantly if Mauricio "Shogun" Rua happens to defeat Silva's friend Lyoto Machida on Oct. 24. Greatness in one division doesn't necessarily trump the absence of 20 to 50 pounds of mass. Just ask B.J. Penn about that one.