**official Mma Thread**

I was thinking that too, that river of blood was nasty. If it was a fight on a regular card, like the Fight Night earlier or PPV, would it have been stopped?
no it would not have been stopped and there have been bloodier ones, the bj penn and joe stevenson, votor belfort and marvin eastman, kenny florian and shawn sherk, as for the fight being boring it was but the blood made it a lot more better
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

no it would not have been stopped and there have been bloodier ones, the bj penn and joe stevenson, votor belfort and marvin eastman, kenny florian and shawn sherk, as for the fight being boring it was but the blood made it a lot more better
It's not about the blood. Did you see the GAPING HOLE in his forehead? They implied you could see bone (his skull). You can bleed quite a bit from a cut in the right place...not a big deal. But when you have that big of an opening in your head...a stoppage would not at all surprise or upset me.
It's not about the blood. Did you see the GAPING HOLE in his forehead? They implied you could see bone (his skull). You can bleed quite a bit from a cut in the right place...not a big deal. But when you have that big of an opening in your head...a stoppage would not at all surprise or upset me.
a stoppage would not have surprised me either i was just stating that fights that have been just as bloody or bloodier have not been stopped, as for his cut is was pretty huge but not as big as the eastman one and i dont think the cut was that big by the end of the first round i would say it got bigger when he kept punching and elbowing him in the second cause the doctors are pretty good at stopping fights becasue of cuts

UFC 103 weigh-in.Vitor Belfort (195) v. Rich Franklin (196.25)Junior Dos Santos (236) v. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (230)Paul Daley (170) v. Martin Kampmann (169.5)Frank Trigg (170.25) v. Josh Koscheck (170)Hermes Franca (159) v. Tyson Griffin (155.5)* (catchweight: 159)Belfort needed four attempts to make weight.

UFC 103 weigh-in.Vitor Belfort (195) v. Rich Franklin (196.25)Junior Dos Santos (236) v. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (230)Paul Daley (170) v. Martin Kampmann (169.5)Frank Trigg (170.25) v. Josh Koscheck (170)Hermes Franca (159) v. Tyson Griffin (155.5)* (catchweight: 159)Belfort needed four attempts to make weight.
Not sure that stepping on, then taking your clothes off, then taking your underwear off counts as 3 tries in my book. He only came in over by 1/4 lb and didn't take long to make it. Rich is going to have his hands full tonight.

It was the first card that I've missed in probably a year and I regret it. Looks like a lot of action, ko's, subs. I don't think anything went the distance. dos Santos is a real up and commer and I'm guessing Belfort will probably get Silva now?

as much as i would like to see vitor go straight to a title shot it is unfair to nate and hendo because i think these two are way ahead of vitor for a title shot
Vitor should get the shot and probally will. He did something Hendo couldnt in ko'ing Franklin. He has faced a who's who of mma over his career in everything from mw to hw. I think Hendo vs Marquart should determine who gets a rematch not both of them getting a rematch.
Vitor should get the shot and probally will. He did something Hendo couldnt in ko'ing Franklin. He has faced a who's who of mma over his career in everything from mw to hw. I think Hendo vs Marquart should determine who gets a rematch not both of them getting a rematch.
i dont think both hendo and nate should get a rematch but i think the winner of the two should get a title shot first before vitor, and both hendo and nate have beat a fair share of top fighters over there careers
as much as i would like to see vitor go straight to a title shot it is unfair to nate and hendo because i think these two are way ahead of vitor for a title shot
they both had their shots and lost
they both had their shots and lost
thats true but nate has gotten so much better since then and he is very underrated, if it was up to me i would pick nate then belfort and then hendo but its not so ill just continue talking and listening to other people who love this sport just as much as i do

Walker to start training next month--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Associated PressNEW YORK -- Herschel Walker is starting a new career in mixed martial arts.The 47-year-old former NFL running back said Monday that he has signed a multi-fight contract with promoter Strikeforce. Walker will begin a 12-week training camp next month in San Jose, Calif.The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner already holds a fifth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.Anyone else think this is a bad idea???

Am I the only one TOTALLY pumped for UFC 106?Brock Lesnar Vs. Shane Carwin and Tito Ortiz Vs. Mark Coleman Lesnar/Carwin fight is going to be ridiculous; I mean RIDICULOUSLooking forward to Tito's Ali like return to the ring/octagon as well.

Am I the only one TOTALLY pumped for UFC 106?Brock Lesnar Vs. Shane Carwin and Tito Ortiz Vs. Mark Coleman Lesnar/Carwin fight is going to be ridiculous; I mean RIDICULOUSLooking forward to Tito's Ali like return to the ring/octagon as well.
Its intriguing because Carwin has the one punch power that it might take to beat Brock. With his wrestling background he might be able to keep it on their feet. I still expect a Lesnar ground and pound victory though. Tito being back is good but Coleman isnt much competition for him. To old slow and sloppy. The Vegas cards always seem to be better at least from a star power perspective. Aslo hope Amir can rebound with a win over Baroni. The next card is weak in terms of depth but will get it just to watch Machida. He is fun to watch.
Its intriguing because Carwin has the one punch power that it might take to beat Brock. With his wrestling background he might be able to keep it on their feet. I still expect a Lesnar ground and pound victory though. Tito being back is good but Coleman isnt much competition for him. To old slow and sloppy. The Vegas cards always seem to be better at least from a star power perspective. Aslo hope Amir can rebound with a win over Baroni. The next card is weak in terms of depth but will get it just to watch Machida. He is fun to watch.
yeah carwin and lesner should be really interesting and fun two watch, as for the next event the machida and rua one should be ok even though i see rua getting ko'd but im really looking forward to see yushin okami back i think he is going to make some noise in the middleweight division