Associated Press Reporting Jamie Gold Lawsuit Settled

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/2/jamie...uit-settled.htmSettle it win the judge says you will win is -ev! lolRecent developments in the lawsuit did not look good for Gold, with U.S. District Court Judge Roger L. Hunt even going as far as saying in court that it was likely that Leyser would win the suit in a December hearing on the matter.
Will he have to pay the taxes on the 12 mil, then split it? Or just the 6 mil?
i beleive the allged deal was that jamie would split the winning after taxesSo after taxes its be like 7 million the he'll give have awaypoor ******* only get 3.5 million....how will he live?i still hate is dumb *** and i hope he loses all his money on HSP

In conversations with different folks at the tables I was told that after it is all over, Gold would be lucky to actually get even 1 million of that. (taxes, Chan's cut, etc)Incredible if true...and pretty sad.

On an oddly similar note I just received a letter from my lawyer. Seems when I was eighteen I made a deal with a friend that if he bought me a pack of smokes I would give him half my winnings the first time I won more than $1000 in the lotto. After losing track of him over the years seems he learned through a friend of a friend that a few years back I won $1500 now he feels he is entitled to half. I don't know the whole thing seems strange as I doubt that there was a realistic level of expectation when we made this agreement. I guess I owe him and am just glad I never said a million.

After settling this when he realised he was going to lose anyway i think he has left himself with zero credibility and would be best served to disappear from the poker world all together. He has afew million so he can surely enjoy himself, however i really don't see how anyone would deal with him after this.

The internet folk were going to hate him no matter what happened. In fact they would've found something to hate about anyone who won aside from Cunningham. If you don't believe this please see 2004,2005. The forums were littlered with Raymers a donk Hachem's a donk. I don't have anything against Gold and believe it will take a long time to get a fair answer as to whether or not he contibutes anything positive to the poker commmunity. As for the lawsuit I truly believe that Leyser got sh-t lucky. And the agreement being made prior to the main event was done so solely out of Gold's arrogance. I don't think there is was any real expectation to him making the money and that Leyser was likely just doing him a favour when Gold chimed in with the I'll split the winnings with you. Its likely forgetting to tip a waitress and telling her you'll split the lotto with her if you win. As a person of honor I would honor my word in this spot however if I recall correctly Gold wasn't given much of a chance to do so. He was called and reminded prion to the final table that he had made a deal and then if I remember correctly wasn't even given a chance to honor it as the lawsuit had been filed before he had even claimed the money. The whole process really negated anyway to tell what kind of a human being Gold is as if I were in his spot I'd have been pretty pissed off too. Thats just my opinion

he's still accomplished more than anyone here can dream to do poker-wise in their lifetime...but yeah, he's a toolbox.
mehh... I think there are alot of people here that dream of winning the main event.... Its highly unlikely.. but I bet there is at least 12 people on this forum that are good enough to put theirselves in postion to win a big tourney like that.