Most Stand Up Is A Joke

I agree with Daniel about stand-up progressing into vulgar and fart-oriented. I think the truth is people try to get cheap laughs. I never understand when I see people in the audience of a show laughing hysterically at garbage. Most of them can't write good material. Someone like Carlos Mencia gets animated and yells "SO THEN I TELL THE *****...." in an accent and people are on the floor holding their sides. Why did you have to leave us Mitch Hedberg. Stand-up needs you.

Yes, if you're:1. a chick2. humorously challenged3. retardedOtherwise, Dane Cook is just a decent comedian who has been fading the past 2 years.
i completely disagree-Dane is an awesome stand up comic-especially watching him live. if you listen to his CD's, he is funny but go see him and he will blow you away
i completely disagree-Dane is an awesome stand up comic-especially watching him live. if you listen to his CD's, he is funny but go see him and he will blow you away
Yes, if you're:1. a chick2. humorously challenged3. retarded
Yes, if you're:1. a chick2. humorously challenged3. retardedOtherwise, Dane Cook is just a decent comedian who has been fading the past 2 years.
Myself, my fiance, and everyone I know loves Dane Cook and his comedy. In my opinion he's the funniest standup comic out there right now. Can't think of anyone else whose videos make me laugh harder. I'm pretty sure you are the minority on this subject. But way to insult the majority, prick

There is a reason most stand up comics hate Dane Cook...google it. If you are looking for talented stand ups other then Jim norton check out:1) Doug Stanhope2) Lewis Black3) Dave Attel4) Doug Stanhope

Myself, my fiance, and everyone I know loves Dane Cook and his comedy. In my opinion he's the funniest standup comic out there right now. Can't think of anyone else whose videos make me laugh harder. I'm pretty sure you are the minority on this subject. But way to insult the majority, prick
I don't hate him. I own two of his CDs and one of his DVDs. I just think he's highly overrated. Especially with the majority of his newer stuff. I mean his retaliation CD has only a few gems on it, where as his harmful if swallowed CD has joke after joke that is well thought out and delivered.
I don't hate him. I own two of his CDs and one of his DVDs. I just think he's highly overrated. Especially with the majority of his newer stuff. I mean his retaliation CD has only a few gems on it, where as his harmful if swallowed CD has joke after joke that is well thought out and delivered.Edit: double post
i don't know many people who don't like him either. i wonder if Daniel enjoys him...

Great stand ups are hard to find these days most of my favorites are dead,old or moved on to movies. My top 51. Richard Prior2. George Carlin3. Dave Chappelle(pre-meltdown)4. Rodney Dangerfield5. Eddie Murphy of the 80's(raw and delirious)there was one comedy special I saw as a young lad in either the late 80's or very early 90's called "comedy's dirtiest dozen". If I remeber correctly it was some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen. I think it was on pay per view I believe(we had a illegal sattelite dish back then). I have never been able to find a copy of it anywhere. If anyone can help me out with a link or anywhere I can get a copy of it I will love you forever(or just give you a $10 finders fee on stars). TY

Forgot one if you get a chance check out Lewis Black. I've heard George Carlin refer to him as his favorite comic today a number of times. I've seen all those I've mentioned live as well as Hedberg who was awesome. I saw Chappelle a few years ago in Detroit and thought he was relatively mediocre live.

I lost all respect for Dane cook when he hosted SNL and did the "Camera Schtick" that he always does. You are on F'in SNL, come up with something orignial do not retred that same standup you have been using for the last 2 years. My favorite comedians in somewhat of an order:1. Dave Chappelee - His Killin em Softly stand up is the best ever and I have seen him live twice and he does not disapoint (even post meltdown, saw him in Davis, CA and he was great)2. George Carlin - Consistenly the best stand up of all time3. Chris Rock - I have also seen him twice live and brings it everywhere he goes4. Eddie Murphy - would obvioulsy be higher if he had kept doing stand-up (I hear he is going to go back on the road!!)5. Richard Pryor - The grandfather of todays comedians, white or black.6. Dave Attel - I saw him live about 10 years ago before anyone knew who he was and he had me in stiched the whole night7. Greg Giraldo - Everytime he is on TV he make me laughThen after that there are a bunch I like that are funnier sometimes than others.