Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Tom Kuhnhackl might never be a regular in the NHL, but man will he ever always have the story of the absolute beauty he scored for his first in the NHL.

Lemieux-like hands on that one.

Kessel and Kunitz looked disinterested today.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Damnit Pittsburgh. Let's go. Don't mess this up

So we are hoping for Pens to make playoffs barely and exit first round right? For the best draft pick.

So we are hoping for Pens to make playoffs barely and exit first round right? For the best draft pick.

For purely selfish Leafs related reasons, yes, this is what I am hoping for. For Zach's sake, I would also be happy if they went on a deep run

I don't really see it happening. If Malkin can't play in the first round, they're toast... especially if they end up with Washington.

I've got another 23 years to bask in the 09 win, so I'm good.

• Like 1

interesting time last night at the Pens game. In pitt, the players tickets are all together, unlike Toronto. So I'm sitting with Trevor Daley's kids behind me. One of the kids is a total loudmouth during the whole game, including being extremely insulting to Pens players during the game. I won't mention any of the others, but in my case, Phil scores and the kid screams out 'Kessel you suck!'. Makes no difference to me, you get used to that sort of thing, as I'm sure Dave can attest (especially with his brother being a goalie). Anyway, suffice it to say, there were a lot of sideways looks from the families at this kid (he was about 7 or 8) just shredding the home team.

interesting time last night at the Pens game. In pitt, the players tickets are all together, unlike Toronto. So I'm sitting with Trevor Daley's kids behind me. One of the kids is a total loudmouth during the whole game, including being extremely insulting to Pens players during the game. I won't mention any of the others, but in my case, Phil scores and the kid screams out 'Kessel you suck!'. Makes no difference to me, you get used to that sort of thing, as I'm sure Dave can attest (especially with his brother being a goalie). Anyway, suffice it to say, there were a lot of sideways looks from the families at this kid (he was about 7 or 8) just shredding the home team.

good thing that kid isn't in the dressing room every day

We were in Cranberry Tuesday night. I dropped Otto off at the Pens practice facility while I had some really gross breakfast. Only 1 person signed (Tocchet). Every player walked by the autograph hounds. Funny thing is one guy remembers Otto and knew he was from Toronto. Otto did not see Kessel come in.

We were in Cranberry Tuesday night. I dropped Otto off at the Pens practice facility while I had some really gross breakfast. Only 1 person signed (Tocchet). Every player walked by the autograph hounds. Funny thing is one guy remembers Otto and knew he was from Toronto. Otto did not see Kessel come in.

where was he waiting? Like MasterCard now, the players go through a guarded gate w their cars into their private parking lot. Hard to get them to sign. At Consol, the autograph seekers line up at barriers. Last time, we drove in and there was just a family from montreal waiting. Phil signed and took a pic w them. Right behind us Sid drove in, and drove past them. Then he stopped, and waved them up to his car. They had no idea it was Crosby and they all had a simultaneous heart attack when they realized it was him. He took a pic too. It was priceless to watch their reaction, even after he drove away.nthe mom and dad were actually jumping up and down.

That should have been a goal for the Pens by Crosby.

Good chance that costs me the championship in a pool Im in, weekly pool that ends today. Have Kessel+Crosby vs opp Holtby.

is it just when I watch, or is Kessel the most disinterested player on the team...

i was going to say that bs call changed the whole game, and it did for a bit, but now pit made it 3-2 to make it better.

re: Kessel

I don't know about disinterested... that's always just been the way he looks on the ice... but he hasn't looked dangerous at all... I don't think he's sniped a goal off the rush all year... he needs to get away from the perimeter. That's where he's scoring this year (and really, 99% of NHLers are).

re: Kessel

I don't know about disinterested... that's always just been the way he looks on the ice... but he hasn't looked dangerous at all... I don't think he's sniped a goal off the rush all year... he needs to get away from the perimeter. That's where he's scoring this year (and really, 99% of NHLers are).

1. I think his last goal was off the rush, like 1 on 1 or at least on a breakaway maybe. Sometime this week I think, I was watching the game.

2. I dont think 99% of NHL goals are scored from the perimeter. I think 90% of them are scored from within 5ft of the net, or some high rate like that from a short distance. I know thats not his game, but really, he could try a little harder. I know thats a little taboo around here since he is friends with Chris, and youve gotten tickets from him, but Im just saying it like I see it. (and i could be wrong)

Yesterday the announcers went nuts because he managed to help along the boards and create a turnover. They were saying how he really deserved credit for a hit on the statsheet....i guess that was the homers way of saying he deserves credit for trying, and he really should have more than 8, thats right, 8, hits to his credits on the year. (now 9, guess they gave him the hit)

Again, not his game, but when I watch, his overall give a fck level looks very very low. what am I missing...

Yeah, I mean almost all the goals in the league are scored from the inside... but Kessel used to have that skill of being able to snipe from the outside, but his shots just don't seem dangerous anymore... whatever that is... maybe it's that he's not getting as close as before, and I'm just imagining his previous dominance.

Seems like he bobbles a ton of passes when they find him open too. It's weird.

I think his passing has been good, though...

But ya, he's certainly not playing great. But he's playing "ok". I guess?

I've been so impressed with the kids they've called up this year.

Kuhnhackl, Wilson, Rust, Sheary have all been amazing additions to the bottom six, and have even nicely stepped into the top 6 in a pinch.

Sundqvist, Simon have been good too.

Also, Matt Cullen has been wonderful in just about every facet of the game, whether it's been as a 4th liner or filling in for Malkin in the top 6.

5-2, so right on cue, Ovy starts running people and injures Dumoulin with a knee.

Also, Weber has been a disgrace in this game... as I type this, he runs Rust from behind into the boards.

Shame. I was really starting to enjoy watching the Caps this year. Nothing like a rivalry game to rekindle that long standing hatred.