Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

the team is the 6th lowest scoring in the league and Crosby is being outscored by Uncle Leo and Dion Phaneuf so there should be a lot of anger and concern

Nowhere did I say they should be happy with this season, just that I think it's ridiculous to expect ANY team to win two or three cups, let alone one!

And I did say he should be angry/frustrated whatever, but not sure how Mario plays into it.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Sure it's all optics and spin. You can also argue with that lineup they should of won 3 cups.

I still think it's the coach and style

No team should have won 3 cups in 7-8 years. That's insanity. That Chicago did it is insanity.

Let me ask you this, what style does the coach employ?

Arp would know more but a lot of people believe that Rutherford has made some bad decisions the last few years.

Hmmm the only bad move I can think of is Despres, and that was moronic.

Also probably bad non-moves by not improving the defense at all.

No team should have won 3 cups in 7-8 years. That's insanity. That Chicago did it is insanity.

Let me ask you this, what style does the coach employ?

I don't know exactly but a more open offensive style game. I have watched many Penguin games and they just don't create enough chances. When Kessel was going good here he was deadly and would create a half dozen chances a game.

Going to sound dumb but I said he be best suited on a line where he does the carrying of the puck.

They are being saved by great goaltending and sound defensive work. I don't know the answer

• Like 1

I'm glad Crosby seems to be okay but the way some people reacted on Twitter you would think that the video from Russia was what happened. Pretty standard cross check in front on the net that should be a penalty but has never been in the history of the NHL and then the second one gets high and hits Crosby in the neck instead of back.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/670416463736528896

Some people?

You and some others.

You reacting to anything Pens related wouldn't be worth a post since it's expected.

I dunno. Doesn't seem all that common to me. He broke his stick over his neck. I've never seen that before.

First cross check is standard into the back. I have never understood why they allow it but they do.

Second one to the neck is of course wrong. I don't see any broken stick on the clips that I've seen.

Seems about the same as Lupul at about 55 second mark on this video.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-joffrey-lupul-has-disciplinary-hearing-for-winter-classic-cross-check-on-patrick-eaves/

I saw a longer clip and see the broken stick.

To be accurate the stick didn't break over his neck it broke when he hit him across the spine when he was down.

I really don't know what that should be other than 5 and a game in game. Is it something that warrants a suspension ? I don't really know.

No, it should definitely be 5 and a game... pretty sure that's automatic in the rule book, but I could be wrong. Some fouls are auto 5-mins if there's an injury, but not sure if crosschecking is one of them.

Byfuglien got 4 games for a similar cross check last season, though his victim was already down when he smoked him, not standing, for whatever difference that may make.

No, it should definitely be 5 and a game... pretty sure that's automatic in the rule book, but I could be wrong. Some fouls are auto 5-mins if there's an injury, but not sure if crosschecking is one of them.

Byfuglien got 4 games for a similar cross check last season, though his victim was already down when he smoked him, not standing, for whatever difference that may make.

I looked at the Buffy clip tonight and it isn't close at all to this one. The Lupul one is about the same to my eyes.

Yeah, I think it's a little worse than Lupul's, but not quite Byfuglien territory. Should have been 5+ in game, maybe they ding him for a game. Dubinsky always pulls this shit vs the Penguins, always after Sid's head.

I know that was a not so subtle shot at Crosby and Kessel, but Fleury would have something to say about that.

:)

Farthest thing from my mind when posted. You really are sensitive

Farthest thing from my mind when posted. You really are sensitive

Well, I've been thoroughly conditioned for years. :)

Fleury I think is the unanimous MVP right now though. But Malkin really has been a beast recently.

Please dont take this as a troll question, because I have seen several articles on it recently.

Do you see any scenario where the Penguins would trade Sidney Crosby?

Stan Fischler even hinted that the Leafs, Canadiens or Kings would be trading partners

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/fischlers-one-timers-what-the-penguins-should-do-with-crosby-and-defending-julien/#.VjaK8TqEWmc.twitter

Probably not, but not impossible. They'd need a pretty big return.

Fischler is an idiot though, either way.

I see (maybe hope?) this year as being pretty reminiscent of Ovy's down year a few back where everyone said he was washed up. They would be about the same age, I think, give or take a year. Sid could bounce back this year or next. Ovy came back and led the league in goals, didn't he?

I don't know about playing scared. He doesn't look like the dominant Crosby we all know and love. He's quadrupled his rate of patented spin no look passes to no one this year. He can't get by a defenseman. Not sure he has his top speed yet. I don't know what's wrong. He just looks regular hockey player normal.