• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Sullivan? Very nice. Walk away from Jagr? Awesome. Sign none of the guys everyone else thinks you need? Priceless. They just keep doing things the right way, their way. Congrats Pens fans.

Ya like, I wanted Jagr, but not at that price. Talbot obviously was leaving, was just sick to see him go to Philly. At least they overpaid for a 4th liner. Will always remember him for June 12, 2009.Shero is a God.

I am quite excited to see what Steve Sullivan can do with this team. He's old, but he still has his speed and hands, which are clearly his best attributes. They should work well in Bylsma's up tempo system.I really wanted Jagr to sign, probably for nostalgic purposes, but his slower tempo game would have been a little bit counter to HCDB's game plan. Although, Malkin likes to slow things down too, so I thought they would fit well.Nonetheless, Sully will fit in quite well, IMHO. He can take Tangradi's #26, and Tangradi can swap that for his usual #25 vacated by Talbot.I wish Talbot the worst of luck in Philly, but I'm definitely happy for him, getting his pay day. He deserves it, if only for June 12, 2009.If Serge wants to talk about a player ('s agent) using teams to drive up his market value, the discussion should really start with Jagr, unfortunately.

I am quite excited to see what Steve Sullivan can do with this team. He's old, but he still has his speed and hands, which are clearly his best attributes. They should work well in Bylsma's up tempo system.I really wanted Jagr to sign, probably for nostalgic purposes, but his slower tempo game would have been a little bit counter to HCDB's game plan. Although, Malkin likes to slow things down too, so I thought they would fit well.Nonetheless, Sully will fit in quite well, IMHO. He can take Tangradi's #26, and Tangradi can swap that for his usual #25 vacated by Talbot.I wish Talbot the worst of luck in Philly, but I'm definitely happy for him, getting his pay day. He deserves it, if only for June 12, 2009.If Serge wants to talk about a player ('s agent) using teams to drive up his market value, the discussion should really start with Jagr, unfortunately.
No Kidding..If I was an NHL Gm, i would ban that douchebag Svoboda's clients from ever playing for my team.
If Serge wants to talk about a player ('s agent) using teams to drive up his market value, the discussion should really start with Jagr, unfortunately.
Its a dick move, but at what point is it "doing whats best for the client+its all business" vs "doing whats fair, and leaving money on the table possible for your client"At the end of the day, he got Jagr another 1.3mill by the sounds of it. I guess now we know the price of Jagr's word.
Its a dick move, but at what point is it "doing whats best for the client+its all business" vs "doing whats fair, and leaving money on the table possible for your client"At the end of the day, he got Jagr another 1.3mill by the sounds of it. I guess now we know the price of Jagr's word.
I mean, that's his job. No real bad blood, but come on, anybody but Philly. I kinda throw up in my mouth a little thinking of #68 in orange. He was my fave player growing up, him and Ronnie.
I kinda throw up in my mouth a little thinking of #68 in orange. He was my fave player growing up, him and Ronnie.
I totally forgot how much you liked him. Ya, thats not good at all.
I mean, that's his job. No real bad blood, but come on, anybody but Philly. I kinda throw up in my mouth a little thinking of #68 in orange. He was my fave player growing up, him and Ronnie.
Apparently he turned down more money to go to Philly..Gonna love the first game when Philly visits Pittsburgh.

December 29th is D-day. I'm planning to be there. Echoing what Mark Madden (local radio host) said...F Jagr and Talbot. I don't care that they didn't sign with the Pens but anyone but the flyers. There were 28 other teams. Talbot said multiple times how much he hated with the flyers and all they had to do is put some green in front of him. I have less hatred for Max than I do Jagr because Max probably didn't have many 5 year deals in the mix. wtf are the flyers thinking giving a 4th liner that type of contract. As for Jagr I don't know what his motivation was. It couldn't have been the $. He could have made much more tax free in Russia.All that talk about how he "owes Mario and the penguins everything" was obviously BS. It's shouldn't have been a surprise that he couldn't be trusted but I like many others were fooled.,I'm going to enjoy watching this new look flyer team fail miserably hopefully.Health is obviously the concern with Sullivan but I think he could certainly be a difference maker.

I think Jagr is getting the shitty end of the stick here. The media is probably more to blame than anyone. Q: Are you concerned that you may have damaged your relationship with Mario Lemieux over the last week?“I talked to him once, and it wasn’t very long – just talked about the organization and how it would be. I didn’t talk to him since I was in the NHL. I didn’t promise anybody anything, that I was going back. The Penguins seemed like I did something wrong or something bad, and I don’t think I did something bad. If they feel like that, I cannot change their minds. I was a free agent, and I had my chance to pick wherever I think is best for me. Everybody does in the world. I have the option to pick. It doesn’t mean that if somebody wants you or they’re telling you they would like you to be on their team, that it means I have to go there – I still have the choice. At least that’s what I think. I still have the choice to make a decision where I’m going to go. If I hurt somebody, I apologize, I didn’t mean it, but this is my life and I want to make the choice. It’s tough for me to explain in English, it would be a lot easier for me to explain in Czech because I didn’t speak a lot of English in the last three years. I could even explain in Russian better. I have to learn better English now. But hopefully you guys understand what I’m trying to say."Complete transcript: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-Panacci...nscript/2/36853

Yeah, I don't really blame Jagr, though I understand why it's hard for pens fans. Heck, it's hard for a Ranger fan to see him in another uniform, still playing. He's always been a mercenary, and we certainly learned that when he left for the KHL. imo, Jagr doesn't owe the penguins, if anything, the penguins owe Jagr.Having said that, I don't know wtf the Flyers are thinking getting rid of two great young players and bringing in a 40 year old. Do they think he'll be the core of their team? The move really only makes sense if they think they can win this year or next, and having lost Carter etc, that seems very much up in the air.It'll sure be entertaining to watch and find out, though. I'm just really happy to see Carter and (other) Richards leaving the East.

Despite the fact that Jagr has been quoted as saying that he "owes Mario Lemieux and Pittsburgh everything" to his career he doesn't really owe them anything. His agent is certainly more at fault as they used the Pens/Red Wings to drive up his price. The fact that he will be wearing the Orange and Black next year is really the sticking point. Had he signed with any other team the hatred would not come close to what he and Max Talbot will see on December 29th.

Pens sign Steve Sullivan for 1 year, 1.5 mill. Meh.
I agree with the others - good grab. Hell, he'll probably be just as productive and healthy as Jagr, at half the cost!
I think Jagr is getting the shitty end of the stick here. The media is probably more to blame than anyone. Q: Are you concerned that you may have damaged your relationship with Mario Lemieux over the last week?“I talked to him once, and it wasn’t very long – just talked about the organization and how it would be. I didn’t talk to him since I was in the NHL. I didn’t promise anybody anything, that I was going back. The Penguins seemed like I did something wrong or something bad, and I don’t think I did something bad. If they feel like that, I cannot change their minds. I was a free agent, and I had my chance to pick wherever I think is best for me. Everybody does in the world. I have the option to pick. It doesn’t mean that if somebody wants you or they’re telling you they would like you to be on their team, that it means I have to go there – I still have the choice. At least that’s what I think. I still have the choice to make a decision where I’m going to go. If I hurt somebody, I apologize, I didn’t mean it, but this is my life and I want to make the choice. It’s tough for me to explain in English, it would be a lot easier for me to explain in Czech because I didn’t speak a lot of English in the last three years. I could even explain in Russian better. I have to learn better English now. But hopefully you guys understand what I’m trying to say."Complete transcript: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-Panacci...nscript/2/36853
Jagr is responsible for what his agent says. His agent portrayed Jagr as just wanting to play for the Pens, Red Wings or Habs. All storied franchises, all excellent reasons. Then he ditches to the Flyers. I don't buy that they weren't the highest bidder. I'd be very surprised if they didn't at least any other reasonable destination.I read that he had concerns about Pittsburgh and Detroit because they have left-handed centres and he prefers to play with the righties they have in Philly. That's fine, but then don't let your agent squawk about Pittsburgh all day.
I agree with the others - good grab. Hell, he'll probably be just as productive and healthy as Jagr, at half the cost!Jagr is responsible for what his agent says. His agent portrayed Jagr as just wanting to play for the Pens, Red Wings or Habs. All storied franchises, all excellent reasons. Then he ditches to the Flyers. I don't buy that they weren't the highest bidder. I'd be very surprised if they didn't at least any other reasonable destination.I read that he had concerns about Pittsburgh and Detroit because they have left-handed centres and he prefers to play with the righties they have in Philly. That's fine, but then don't let your agent squawk about Pittsburgh all day.
I think it had more to do with the media squawking.
The 404 you get on PensBlog for not cheating the swear filter in the link is funnier than the article itself.
Haha oops. It just goes to the homepage which current features the story. Tiny Url'd now.
Maybe Talbot and Jagr just wanted to be on HBO's 24/7.
Same with Mike Rupp. Can't wait to hear him talk trash about Max and the Flyers. Oh and December 29th will certainly be covered on 24/7 as it's when the Flyers visit Pittsburgh for the first time this upcoming season. Tweet from Rupp...
3 things will stay true.... 1) I won't like the Miami Heat (LBJ) 2) grown men shouldn't ride scooters 3) I will hit the Mullet,for all fans!