Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Pittsburgh is on one heck of a playoff run. The Pens are the eighth team in NHL history to start the postseason 10-1, but just the first since the Red Wings did so in '95. Five of the previous seven have gone on to win the Stanley Cup.Starting Playoffs 10-1:'08 Penguins '95 Red Wings '88 Oilers* '83 Oilers '78 Canadiens* '76 Canadiens* '72 Bruins* '68 Canadiens* *Won the Stanley Cup

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I can tell your heart isn't in this taunting. Join the dark side, root for the young guys with us.
Hockey has left a bad taste in my mouth this year..The only little victory I will have is if the Pens fall on their face, either this round somehow or agaisnt Detroit..Its been a very tough year for me personally as a sports fan..We all know about the Leafs situation.The Raptors were somewhat of a bust this year, even though we made the playoffs.And my summer love the Blue Jays, its one disaster after another.I am thinking of taking up ballroom dancing.
crosbygoal-1.jpg
What a surprise. Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Jeff Healey would have known that puck crossed the line.And two of them are dead.

well in that picture you can sort of see that there is white paint between the bottom of the puck and the line, but has the entire puck crossed over the plane of the red line, I for one still and not convinced and I don't think I will be. It's way too close to call, therefore the no goal call stands. good call imo.That kenedy fight really impressed me, I loved watching those boys go at it and leave it all out on the ice. great great fight.

well in that picture you can sort of see that there is white paint between the bottom of the puck and the line, but has the entire puck crossed over the plane of the red line, I for one still and not convinced and I don't think I will be. It's way too close to call, therefore the no goal call stands. good call imo.That kenedy fight really impressed me, I loved watching those boys go at it and leave it all out on the ice. great great fight.
Really? You look at that picture and are not convinced that the puck crossed the line? Really? WOW!

It's like 3 inches inside the post... it's WAY over the line. Even the overhead angle was obvious, but Biron's glove was in the way, so they couldn't "see" it... All they had to do was complete an overlay of the puck, since we know it's dimensions and shape, and it'd be super clear, but they obv can't do that.

Really? You look at that picture and are not convinced that the puck crossed the line? Really? WOW!
From that side angle, the center of the puck (the part not touching the ice, nearest to the goal line) could appear further back than it actually is. Biron's glove is still blocking the closest part of the puck to the goal line. It seems unlikely that the illusion would be that strong, but I would still prefer a definitive overhead shot to make the right call. Maybe the NHL should look into making transparent posts and goalie gloves to make sure every camera angle can get a full view of the puck :club:.
From that side angle, the center of the puck (the part not touching the ice, nearest to the goal line) could appear further back than it actually is. Biron's glove is still blocking the closest part of the puck to the goal line. It seems unlikely that the illusion would be that strong, but I would still prefer a definitive overhead shot to make the right call. Maybe the NHL should look into making transparent posts and goalie gloves to make sure every camera angle can get a full view of the puck :club:.
They make them. Andrew Raycroft wears them.ZING!
Oh yeah, that angle makes it look a lot better than it really is, but the puck was right against the far post, so it shouldn't be too far out of whack.

Alright! Let's do this!Roberts is out with pneumonia.... bad luck there, wow.Apparently the flu bug is going around the room, as Orpik and Sykora are playing with it...Let's hope they can fight through this!LET'S GO PENS!

why does every hit the flyers make have to have hands or elbows or forearms to the head, and why the **** are the refs not calling any of this BS? I thought they wanted to eliminate headshots. Contract the Flyers and 50% of the league's headshots are eliminated.

Staal heads for funeralPenguins center Jordan Staal will return to his hometown of Thunder Bay, Ontario, today for his paternal grandfather's funeral.A private plane arranged by former Penguin Mark Recchi will carry him to Canada, and Staal is expected to return tonight."I want to be there," Staal said. "There are bigger things than hockey."Staal's brother, Eric, left the Canadian team yesterday at the world championships in Halifax, Nova Scotia, to attend the funeral.