Gus Hansen Wins Aussie Millions!

Gus Hansen Wins 2007 Aussie Millions Championship!On a flop of Q :club:8 :D6 :D , Fricke checked, Gus Hansen bet $1 million, and Fricke check-raised all in. Hansen called instantly with A :)A :D and Fricke flipped over 9 :)7 :) . The turn was 2 :icon_dance: , which gave Fricke more outs. The river was 9 :D and Fricke's run was over. He busted out in second place winning $1 million. Gus Hansen won $1.5 million for first place.http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/au...ain-event/blog/

Gus gets so lucky.
Gus played amazing this whole week. Jimmy Fricke(gobboboy) was the guy that was lucky to be there at the end, he sucked out so many times in this tourney it was crazy.

They kept saying Fricke made amazing calls both here and pca, but he did get damn lucky and called some ridiculous all in bets, tht q9 gutshot all in hu is crazy....Gr8 play by gus tho, if there's one guy whos got ice running thru his veins its him..

hansen is just a beast, that is all. i use to despise him, because of his hyperagressive play that made him look like a donk. but watching him over and over again, it's clear that he understands the game far better and can actually make that style work. it's just insane. what's sicker is how he is able to switch gears and wait for premium hands and just ride off his reputation.

Looks to me like Fricke got super lucky and lost his ability to suck out when it counted. You can almost guarantee he was paying scared against Gus. Fricke made a few ballsy moves, but it seemed like they were designed to force Gus to make the hard decision and Gus made the right decision one too many times for Gobboboy (he really does look like a human gobbo). Anyway, great run by Fricke through the PCA and the Aussie Millions. Props to him for capitalizing and, essentially, playing quite well, all suckouts aside (hey, that's poker!).

After this hand I'm glad Gus won in the end. What a read and call in that situation only for Fricke to suck out.

An amazing call leads to another river suckoutNo Limit Hold 'emJan 19, 2007 / 04:20:47 EDTGus Hansen bet 425k and Jimmy Fricke called.Flop Jd10d10hFricke checkedHansen bet 500k and Fricke immediately moved all in for 4.3m. Hansen began talking to himself, "I could be up against that...I could be up against that...this could be the worst call ever...he could have that...he could have that...wow...wow...I call."Jimmy Fricke KdQcGus Hansen AhKhHansen made a huge call and is in the lead. A 9 is the only card that can help Fricke unless he makes runner-runner. The turn brought the 10s and a Q will also give Fricke the pot. The river 9c gave Fricke yet another river suck-out giving Fricke a straight.

I think Hansen's game has gotten better lately. I think when he first came on the scene people were really taken aback by his unorthodox style and that allowed him to plow through some big fields and his willingness to play for the win led to him having great success on the WPT. But I think over the last couple years people caught on to his image and it made it very difficult to play his style in large field tournaments. I think he has made a few adjustments lately and is playing awesome, I expect to see a lot from him in 07.

They kept saying Fricke made amazing calls both here and pca, but he did get damn lucky and called some ridiculous all in bets, tht q9 gutshot all in hu is crazy....Gr8 play by gus tho, if there's one guy whos got ice running thru his veins its him..
gobboboy is a great player, but i think 1) he is a bit of a calling station, and that is why he sometimes makes great calls 2) he got owned heads up against gus. i think gus saw gobbo was playing very loose, so he tightened his game up. so every allin hand gus has top pair (or on the last hand an overpair) and gobbo has either a straight draw, middle/bottom pair, or no pair. great job gus. this will be a fun FT to watch--gus, andy black, gobbo, kristi gazes, etc.
Huge props to Gus, he's a great player, can't wait to read his book.Does anyone know if this event is going to be televised? Sounds like an interesting final table.
it will be on FSN but i don't know when