Hey...if you remember from 5 weeks back, I said that I was going to move out with my brother and play professional poker for a living. The only problem then was that my new worth was approximately 13k. I was going to use 4.5 of it as my bankroll and the rest was going to be my money for a year. I realized thanks to some of your responses that I wouldn't be able to move out on only 8k and so delayed the move until April (when exams are over). I've had probably the best 5 weeks of my life (in a poker sense). I've won, through sit and gos, tournies, and cash games, over 53 hours a week (it's much less in reality, I record the time of each game, and I don't account for multitabling), 17k. Now my net worth is over 30k and I have another question. How much should I leave online, and how much should I have saved up for moving out for a year. I'm thinking something like 15k/15k. I think 15k would be enough for a year, and I'd have enough room to work with online since I'm playing at most 200$ buy ins. What do you guys think? Also, I want to learn how to play tournies better...so what buy ins should I play? Because my hourly wage in tournies is $14/hour. And my hourly wage for heads up, is $117/hour. So I want to make my tourny wage closer to my HU range. Is this attainable or is it unreliable to live off tournaments? Up until now I've always thought of tournies as something fun that I spend my money on, still with +EV. And I looked at sit and gos as my main source of income. I think of myself as a sit and go professional, but not a tourny professional. However, lately I've been having some success in tournies. in the last month I've made 6 final tables (2 of which were in the 180man sit and gos) and so thought maybe it is realistic to be able to make as much in tournies as I can in sit and gos. In case you're wondering, my biggest cash in those final tables was only 2.7k, followed by 1250.....could have been more but my AA got beat by A 6 when it was 4-handed...I KNOW I KNOW...BBFIDTS...anyway, any advice is appreciated.

Hey...if you remember from 5 weeks back, I said that I was going to move out with my brother and play professional poker for a living. The only problem then was that my new worth was approximately 13k. I was going to use 4.5 of it as my bankroll and the rest was going to be my money for a year. I realized thanks to some of your responses that I wouldn't be able to move out on only 8k and so delayed the move until April (when exams are over). I've had probably the best 5 weeks of my life (in a poker sense). I've won, through sit and gos, tournies, and cash games, over 53 hours a week (it's much less in reality, I record the time of each game, and I don't account for multitabling), 17k. Now my net worth is over 30k and I have another question. How much should I leave online, and how much should I have saved up for moving out for a year. I'm thinking something like 15k/15k. I think 15k would be enough for a year, and I'd have enough room to work with online since I'm playing at most 200$ buy ins. What do you guys think? Also, I want to learn how to play tournies better...so what buy ins should I play? Because my hourly wage in tournies is $14/hour. And my hourly wage for heads up, is $117/hour. So I want to make my tourny wage closer to my HU range. Is this attainable or is it unreliable to live off tournaments? Up until now I've always thought of tournies as something fun that I spend my money on, still with +EV. And I looked at sit and gos as my main source of income. I think of myself as a sit and go professional, but not a tourny professional. However, lately I've been having some success in tournies. in the last month I've made 6 final tables (2 of which were in the 180man sit and gos) and so thought maybe it is realistic to be able to make as much in tournies as I can in sit and gos. In case you're wondering, my biggest cash in those final tables was only 2.7k, followed by 1250.....could have been more but my AA got beat by A 6 when it was 4-handed...I KNOW I KNOW...BBFIDTS...anyway, any advice is appreciated.
What sit n go's you playing??? single or multi table mostly? I would stick with Heads up if you are making that much an hour.Where do you play???
What sit n go's you playing??? single or multi table mostly? I would stick with Heads up if you are making that much an hour.Where do you play???
It depends on what I feel like. The ones I play are: i) 100, and 200 HU...turbo or non turboii) 100 and 200 9prsniii) 110+9 shorthanded HU I play 1 at a time. The other ones I play 2 at a time. Or 1 full table, 1 Heads up.I play on stars as GabeTheKid
Hey...if you remember from 5 weeks back, I said that I was going to move out with my brother and play professional poker for a living. The only problem then was that my new worth was approximately 13k. I was going to use 4.5 of it as my bankroll and the rest was going to be my money for a year. I realized thanks to some of your responses that I wouldn't be able to move out on only 8k and so delayed the move until April (when exams are over). I've had probably the best 5 weeks of my life (in a poker sense)......could have been more but my AA got beat by A 6 when it was 4-handed...I KNOW I KNOW...BBFIDTS...anyway, any advice is appreciated.
Stay at home for the next six months. If you consistently have that type of success then come back and we'll talk again. Your sample size is too small and short term results don't mean all that much.Additionally, the fact that you even bring up the AA hand, even just joking around, shows you are probably not ready.Your sharkscope is very impressive, keep that up for another few thousand tournaments and you'll be rollin.
Stay at home for the next six months. If you consistently have that type of success then come back and we'll talk again. Your sample size is too small and short term results don't mean all that much.Additionally, the fact that you even bring up the AA hand, even just joking around, shows you are probably not ready.Your sharkscope is very impressive, keep that up for another few thousand tournaments and you'll be rollin.
I am staying at home for the next few months...don't know if it's gonna be 6. I didn't just start playing poker 5 weeks ago, I'm just doing an update from 5 weeks ago. The fact that I'm making more money than I did in the past is because I'm on break and have time to play full time and the fact that I started playing 200's. This isn't my only account on stars. This is the one I started when I decided that I want to play professional poker. My first account, from when I was learning is poopsik1962 (the reason the name is weird is for deception. So ppl think they're playing a 45 year old mom. That way they don't expect me to be agressive, which I am..very agressive.) I've been playing for 2 years. Had success right from the get go, but am having more success now because I'm learning more and am more experienced. The fact that I brought up the AA example doesn't mean I'm not ready, although I can see why you'd think that I'm immature. That was just me caught up in the moment ... don't judge me based on that..lol..
This isn't my only account on stars. This is the one I started when I decided that I wanted to win at poker and needed to cheat to do so. My first account, from when I was learning is poopsik1962 (the reason the name is weird is because I thuoght zeejustin seemed very obvious). Now I just dominate sit-and-gos with myself in six positions and I just take the money of the other six suckers at the table. This idea is great. The fact that I brought up the multiple accounts doesnt mean that I cheat, it just means that I really want acceptance in this forum with my great ideas.
fyp
fyp
are you saying that I cheat at poker? If so...gfy...I'd never cheat..P.S. Do you realize that I mostly play HU? Idiot.
i would advise against moving out just yet, maybe in the future but i think it is too quick to be moving

Pokerstars does not allow players to have two accounts because they would then be able to cheat. You have already cheated their system by setting up two accounts. Why would anyone who does not intend to cheat require more than one account ?

Pokerstars does not allow players to have two accounts because they would then be able to cheat. You have already cheated their system by setting up two accounts. Why would anyone who does not intend to cheat require more than one account ?
How can I cheat playing HU?....This is the only defence I'm going to do because I do not cheat and don't feel liable to defending myself because some idiot feels like calling me a cheater. Sharkscope poopsik1962...go to recent results...look when the last game was....That's when I openend GabeTheKid.....
How can I cheat playing HU?....This is the only defence I'm going to do because I do not cheat and don't feel liable to defending myself because some idiot feels like calling me a cheater. Sharkscope poopsik1962...go to recent results...look when the last game was....That's when I openend GabeTheKid.....
I understand that as a person below nineteen years old, you feel compelled to respond with anger and hostility; that said, my first comment was a joke. Anyone who hangs around the forum would have understood that; you just come here to brag about results, so that is fineregardless, it is against the rules on Pokerstars to have more than one account; so you are violating the rules, even if not colluding; feel no pressure to defend yourself, no one is accusing you of anything, you already admitted the problem.
*Sigh*Please review all previous statements. No one has said that you have already cheated other players. Pokerstars has the rule in place so that you will not get the chance to cheat other players by sitting at the same table as yourself. You have already cheated their system by creating two accounts. Did you get a sign up bonus when you made the second account ? Do you see why Pokerstars might frown on that ?
Have you tilted and gone broke before? I think you need to go through that first, then you'll be ready if you bounce back
No. I've never really gone broke. When i started playing poker i started with 50$ on stars. I did go broke a couple of times before building my bankroll to what it is now. But I don't really consider that broke because of how insignificant 50$ is. After getting my roll to ~500, I've never gone broke. So many people are sarcastic on here and it's kinda hard to tell...because it's typed! that I don't get all your jokes all the time. I'm thinking though that this might be a joke since I can't see the sense in what you're saying.
Yeah you might want to withdraw all your money from those accounts. Someone is gonna snitch on you and they are going to get closed!
A few things here.1) Just the fact that you were naive enough to announce you have two accounts tells me you may not be ready for turning pro. You need to take that money out of both accounts and create a third account if you like because you could be in trouble.2) I'm guessing why he asked if you've gone broke and bounced back, is because there's a great chance you will go broke. And if you do it's not the end of the poker world, its how you handle going broke that will tell if you can handle the ups and downs of this game3) I would have thought you were a 15 year old wild aggressive player with the poopsick, not a 45 year old mother!4) I really wish you luck, but as someone who moved to Vegas and survived for two months without having a job, playing session to session and hand by hand is really hard mentally. I strongly suggest going to dealer school or getting some job so that you'll have money coming in if the crap hits the fan. Good luck.

just so you know if Lee Jones catches wind of this they will close both your accounts and keep the money in it. I would suggest emailing support and letting them know what happened so they can close one.

you guys really made me paranoid about the 2 accounts deal. I didn't think it was a big deal but since you guys kinda scared me, I emailed stars and asked them to close down poopsik1962 after explaining the situation. Thanks for the advice and hopefully everything will go smooth.