Daniel Is Just Out Of Control With Harman

Thanks all for taking me back to high school. Who the hell cares maybe Jen bankrolled the guy when he was down and out at the beginning maybe she gave him a great stock tip maybe she helped find him his future wife. There are many reasons for a friendship and really its none of anyones business.The one aspect of a friendship which matters and since this is a poker forum why not look at the poker angle of it. Next time you watch any footage of high stakes poker check out how many hands Jen and Dan play against eachother heads up or otherwise. Even when both have playable hands the other folds. They say there are no friends at the poker table but I think this is a rare case between these two.My worthless 2 cents.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time you watch any footage of high stakes poker check out how many hands Jen and Dan play against eachother heads up or otherwise. Even when both have playable hands the other folds. They say there are no friends at the poker table but I think this is a rare case between these two.My worthless 2 cents.
You are simply mistaken.DN would bust Jen in a heartbeat if he had the chance and vice versa.I'm sure he'd loan her money after that to get back in the game, but he doesn't softplay anybody.
You say things to Balloon Guy about him not even being a high school graduate, but yet all of his post are intelligent, witty, and form actual paragraphs. While we may not agree on political issues, I must say that he sounds like the more educated person. (As far as the political issues, sometimes I think he is inhaling the helium from his balloons. HAHA!! j/k BG)In other words OP, STFU!
Thanks man....sniff sniff...I :club: you too.I do not inhale helium though because there is a national shortage that means my big money days are numbered. Oh well, I can always teach at Cornell, apparently their standards are REALLY low. Is Cornell in Jersey, no way I could live in Jersey. I'll just have to buy a plane and commute from Ohio. I love Ohio, I was born there.
This is from Barry Greenstein's analysis of Jennifer easily found on his website. Barry and DN aren't exactly best buddies.I didn't know they didn't get along. What's the scoop?

In another circumstance someone made a comment about Jennifer and several other women forming an alliance. Right away he pops on saying you don't know Jennifer if you think that. Forget about Evelyn I guess he just threw her right under the bus. But Jeniifer is morally perfect and seems to have no flaws. That someone was me. To be fair, I was talking about Survivor, which is a lot different from life. I personally think Negreanu would throw his wife, dog, and mother under the bus in Survivor if it means he would win. But that doesn't mean anything in real life, it just means he's competitive and wants to win at the particular game he's playing. He may have lots of reasons to think Harmon wouldn't switch alliances. On second thought he may not throw his mother or dog under the bus...because that would be just wrong!

HA HA HA!!! Wait most of you say Howard Lederer is not that good of a player but he is considered one of the biggest winners against Beal. Most of you say he is not one of the best pros out there. What a joke? And by the wya Annie Duke has won more money in the WSOP than Jennifer Harman. ANd in the professional poker teams I believe ANnie was one of the first people picked because she was far and away the best player in her group. My point is he is not objective when it comes to her.Yes i did graduate from Cornell. Who cares? That was years ago. I own a business which does very well. That is unimportant to this conversation. I now come in here one in a while because of my son's friends. again who cares? this is a genral forum i can speak my opinion. WHy is it a big deal if someone disagrees with Daniel? I think he is a great player and quite outspoken. If he is going to speak freely about topics then he has to be able to handle backlash. And his objectivity is definitely in question. Period.

Harman is beating the big game at the Bellagio according to DN. Which means she is elite, far better than Annie Duke. I don't even think DN is beating that game, I could be wrong about that though. Saying Annie Duke is better than Harman because she higher WSOP winnings is like saying Allen Cunningham is better than Phil Ivey because he has more winnings. Which everyone knows is ridiculous, as no one is better than Phil Ivey.

Harman is beating the big game at the Bellagio according to DN. Which means she is elite, far better than Annie Duke. I don't even think DN is beating that game, I could be wrong about that though. Saying Annie Duke is better than Harman because she higher WSOP winnings is like saying Allen Cunningham is better than Phil Ivey because he has more winnings. Which everyone knows is ridiculous, as no one is better than Phil Ivey.
i am not sayig she is better jsut that daniel's opinion on the subject is useless. Nobody has real stats of the big game besides the big players. IS daniel being honest? Barry says no Daniel says yes. Well who am i to believe?
i am not sayig she is better jsut that daniel's opinion on the subject is useless. Nobody has real stats of the big game besides the big players. IS daniel being honest? Barry says no Daniel says yes. Well who am i to believe?
Daniel Negreanu, one of the best in the world, is useless when discussing the play of Jennifer Harman? Someone who he plays with a lot? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. DN has no reason to lie about the play of Harman nor should you have any suspicion that he would lie about a player's ability. He has never lied in the past and other players back his opinion.
Daniel Negreanu, one of the best in the world, is useless when discussing the play of Jennifer Harman? Someone who he plays with a lot? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. DN has no reason to lie about the play of Harman nor should you have any suspicion that he would lie about a player's ability. He has never lied in the past and other players back his opinion.
and howard says that annie is better. He has never lied either. your point???? (objectivity)
and howard says that annie is better. He has never lied either. your point???? (objectivity)
Annie Duke doesn't play in the big game and neither does Lederer. DN would have a much better read on Harman's play as they both play in the big game. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to find a well respected player besides Lederer that says Duke is better. Therefore, DN maintains objectivity as there is no proof that Harman being his friend has any affect on how he thinks of her as a player.

I read somewhere once where Negreanu said Evelyn Ng cant be a great player because she's not comfortable playing some hands that great players play. Evelyn Ng is a friend of his. So he's not afraid to speak his mind even if its not all that complimentary about a friend. But I do agree in general that friends of people aren't the most objective people about other friends. And I also agree you have a right to speak in a public forum. Though I think Annie Duke probably isn't half the player Harmon is. But just from watching her on HSP...not many players are.

IMHO you are a load that should have been swallowed. In other words OP, STFU!
Disregarding the absolute humor in the first sentence, someone with less than 100 posts is allowed to flame an OP? Excuse me where is my forum etiquette?
I mean i realize she is his friend but come on. My god! i am not sure loyalty would be the term. He is obsessed! If you say a negative comment about her he jumps down your throat. Then he makes it out like she is the God of poker. I love after he read SUper System 2 all he talked about was Jennifer's part in it with limit holdem which in my opinion was not bad but there were far better parts to that book. In another circumstance someone made a comment about Jennifer and several other women forming an alliance. Right away he pops on saying you don't know Jennifer if you think that. Forget about Evelyn I guess he just threw her right under the bus. But Jeniifer is morally perfect and seems to have no flaws. There has to be something I am missing. there has to be more than meets the eye. I mean even on two plus two they were saying that it is out of control and hysterical.
Do you ever make posts that aren't trolling and Anti-Negreanu in some way????? Seriously... I'm sorry that your sons want to be pro poker players... but let it go man.
Annie Duke doesn't play in the big game and neither does Lederer. DN would have a much better read on Harman's play as they both play in the big game. Also, I think you would be hard pressed to find a well respected player besides Lederer that says Duke is better. Therefore, DN maintains objectivity as there is no proof that Harman being his friend has any affect on how he thinks of her as a player.
Time out Lederer used to play in the biggest games now he doesn't so stop there. People on here constantly berate Lederer who is by far one of the greatest players in the world. He does not play that much anymore because i believe he was in the game to make money and he has now found other means to make more money without having to gamble. Pick up the book The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King. THE PROFESSOR= LEDERER. BY THE WAY i did not see Daniel playing ANdy BEal. Why not? Well i have heard plenty of stories Which i will not repeat because they might not be true.
I read somewhere once where Negreanu said Evelyn Ng cant be a great player because she's not comfortable playing some hands that great players play. Evelyn Ng is a friend of his. So he's not afraid to speak his mind even if its not all that complimentary about a friend. But I do agree in general that friends of people aren't the most objective people about other friends. And I also agree you have a right to speak in a public forum. Though I think Annie Duke probably isn't half the player Harmon is. But just from watching her on HSP...not many players are.
That is my point; even as a person Daniel sees Jen as flawless. If someone makes a comment like Jen would do something on a silly Survivor game. He is running to defend her. I am sure he is friends with Evelyn but there is something more with Jen. I am not the only one who says this. It is border line freaky. Friends are great and I will stick up and represent them but is Jen his only friend. I mean your point is perfect why not stick up for EVelyn. Why put her down? Same thing with Gordon. IS it an ego thing? Cause if it is there will be no point that Daniel will ever go down as the greatest poker player ever. NEVER! He is just not as good of an all around player as the others. The HORSE tourney summed it all up. Look at the players that made it to the final table. All players from the big game. Oh yeah he took bad beats! Well the key Daniel is to LAY THE HAND DOWN. Not say I know I am beat and then make the call. ( those of you who were at the tourney know exactly what i am talking about) :club: