Who Is The Best Nl Hold'em Player In This Group?

Best/Worst  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

• John Juanda
    • Chris Ferguson
    • Erick Lindgren
    • Gus Hansen
    • Todd Brunson
  2. 2. Worst?

• John Juanda
    • Chris Ferguson
    • Erick Lindgren
    • Gus Hansen
    • Todd Brunson

Why the hell are BkICE, Chucksty, HoosierAlum, PrtyPkrSux etc, etc, etc, not listed?

I think it's fairly obvious that this is DN's forum. I don't think Lindgren is as good as people rate him on here.Chris Ferguson is a lot better than most of you think. I would definitely have him above E-dog, Gus and Todd for tournaments, and I would probably put him above Juanda as well (but that's closer).Overall (including cash games) I would put Juanda at the top, and E-dog at the bottom.From FullTilt's page on CF:"Since he started playing in the World Series, he has won more bracelets (5), made more final tables (25), and had more money finishes (42) than any other player."

Voted for Ferguson -- BestVoted for Hansen -- WorstBest --Burgerman
Oddly enough I voted exactly the opposite.I don't think you can consider Ferguson for best "NLHE player" because he doesn't even play cash. I think he's also slightly over rated in tourney play too. Not that he isn't a great player but he gets more attention than his play would deserve because he's a "character".Gus has also proven that he's WAY better than people at first thought. His extremely LAG style had everyone thinking he was an agro-donk at first but Gus tends to put in money when his opponent is going to fold or he has the best hand and lay it down when he's beat. Hansen's post flop play is almost second to none and he plays well in both tourneys and cash games.

whew, that was very tough.I didnt pick Juanda based on what Barry Greenstein said, saying some of his plays only work with weak players.the most obvious one to pick other than JJ is Ferguson. not sure why, but I thought Lindgren had that extra bit, so I went with himas for worst player, i went for todd. just too tough to choose

best : for this time JJworst : brunson, seeing him on HSP he didnt show something special he is also very apathetic , he doesnt draw any attention. that is different from players i like to see. for example mike "the moute" and Daniel negreanu.

This is a tough one for sure...I´d say its a very huge toss up between Edog and JJ but I'd be leaning towards Juanda since I played 1 hand with him he read me like a book.I dunno who the hell's the worst, Todd Brunson I'm guessing, he seems to be a better limit player.

its impossible for any of us to say unless we have played a decent amount against them. Really the answer probably is Daniel Alaei or Prahlad Friedman. o yea, JC get on AIM now, plz, thank you

its impossible for any of us to say unless we have played a decent amount against them. Really the answer probably is Daniel Alaei or Prahlad Friedman.
Well i don't think it's impossible. More so than playing with them, I think their tourney results help show who is the best and worst. Do you not like Friedman and Alaei or something? I think they have a little more game than Moneymaker.

These are fun but hard since no one but DN has played with thiem. But from just watching them, Ferguson seems to finish in the money a lot, but doesn't seem to be aggressive enough to win. So I'd put him last. And even though he's made it back to back times in the Heads Up Championship, I think he got lucky more than once. I'm not a fan of Lindgren's style, but it works for him.

Well i don't think it's impossible. More so than playing with them, I think their tourney results help show who is the best and worst. Do you not like Friedman and Alaei or something? I think they have a little more game than Moneymaker.
you realize teh silliness of this rightand as far as your second statement, where did I say that I don't like alaei or friedman, I said the exact opposite
These are fun but hard since no one but DN has played with thiem
not true. There have been a good handful of players on this site that have played with them. mk played with Juanda for a while

I voted JJ the best and Gus "What Bus?" Hansen as Worst of a very tough group of quality players.Edit: Oh, schnap! I was thinking "tourney". I'd have to agree with whoever it was that said Tod Brunson is the best cash game player. Worst cash game player? No clue. I have a feeling it depends on the cards, for example when you turn quad 5's against someone's full house...

not true. There have been a good handful of players on this site that have played with them. mk played with Juanda for a while
Yeah...but still most haven't.

Todd Brunson gets my vote for worst based on one hand from HSP.Brunson raises (big IIRC) preflop with AK. Daniel calls with AQ.Queen-high flop. Bruson pushes for twice the pot or so.I think he had 130k at the start of the hand. WTF was that?

• 5 weeks later...

I picked JJ for best.Regarding worst, I consider being able to keep money in your pocket (and not go busto, thus keeping you out of some games) to be a necessary skill in poker, so I had to give "the worst" to Gus. (going from the rumors)

Todd Brunson gets my vote for worst based on one hand from HSP.Brunson raises (big IIRC) preflop with AK. Daniel calls with AQ.Queen-high flop. Bruson pushes for twice the pot or so.I think he had 130k at the start of the hand. WTF was that?
What about the hand where he moves DN off the nf?