Mark Seif On Jamie Gold

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Mercury69 did say that the American legal system is a joke. That was what started the whole thing.
Yes but he also made the point to state that Canada's is no better. From there we get into all the Canada is crap without the U.S garbage. If people don't agree with his point why not express your point in a mature, logical manner instead of being juvenille about it. (not saying you specifically).
Clever. Must be nice to have a Sibling like America to look out for you giving you the luxury to sit back and criticize. Don't bother to spend $ on things like defense, we'll be here for you - meanwhile you'll toss it right back in our face while you do things like ignore our embargo on Cuba. Thanks for that.
Because the embargo on Cuba is so justified and there are so many other countries running to join in on the embargo.
Because the embargo on Cuba is so justified and there are so many other countries running to join in on the embargo.
Yes. It was, and still is justified.And No, only 4 countries support the embargo on Cuba- I would expect Canada to be one of them, but they are not. Again - Thanks for that.
Hey Seif, I'm sure the Duke Lacross players would argue that the America justice system is not amazing. also I'm not sure your "Legal" opinion counts here as your a good buddy of the plantiff..I think it will get down to reasonable compensation for services provided, which amounts to far far less than 6 mill..
You say, "Hey Seif" as if he's the op. Although the op's post appears to be signed by Mark Seif, the whole thing, including the signature, is copied and pasted from a blog, like some posters do from time to time.Unless, of course, he is Mark Seif. At which point, he should have said that it was his blog. I just thought that it was odd to have the subject written in third person if the op is Seif.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
dont forget to tip your waitress! I was not making the point that rich, white people have it bad. they dont and probably never will. However, in all seriousness, if people find out you grew up wealthy they make all sorts of assumptions about you. And if you followed the early coverage of the DUke incident you would have seen a TON of people who made the connection between privileged upbringing and having a sense of entitlement to abuse poor women.....the message board at cnnsi.com made me sick.clearly, others have it much much worse.....but, from personal experience, I had to start lying about where I grew up because people would make all sorts of pre-judgments when I told them where I was from.
I do not disagree with your points - however the "problems" you detail are not unique to America. These and other similar issues are common to all countries. I bristle a bit at singling out "America's Problems" just because we have such a protected high voice Media presence and the US is the easy target for criticism - enabled by that same biased Media..
yes I can get behind this point of view. I was making my point more because America DOES hold itself up as having the most fair legal system in the world and the Duke case shows how far from ideal our system is. However, I will agree that our legal system is still the best in the world despite all those flaws. I dont know if that is good or sad or whatever. As they say in the NFL.....it is what it is.
Clever. Must be nice to have a Sibling like America to look out for you giving you the luxury to sit back and criticize. Don't bother to spend $ on things like defense, we'll be here for you - meanwhile you'll toss it right back in our face while you do things like ignore our embargo on Cuba. Thanks for that.
Vote for Bush much? You don't "look after" Canada and you don't allocate military spending on our behalf. Your government does things for your own self-interests and you **** on people and countries when they don't support you. Your government is strictly protectionist for your own purposes, so don't give me any crapola about you guys being our big brother and taking care of us. "Big Brother", as in 1984 is more like it.Edit: And **** your embargo on Cuba, it's exactly why I piss on your statement.
yes I can get behind this point of view. I was making my point more because America DOES hold itself up as having the most fair legal system in the world and the Duke case shows how far from ideal our system is. However, I will agree that our legal system is still the best in the world despite all those flaws. I dont know if that is good or sad or whatever. As they say in the NFL.....it is what it is.
We can add O.J. Simpson case being fair.

while everyone is bickering back and forth about things that aren't about the blog post, what I find most interesting about what he wrote is that it looks like this is going to be a bench trial. I'm not sure if that will play best into Leyser as Jamie Gold can come across as a big douche and wouldn't make for a favorable defendant in a jury trial

while everyone is bickering back and forth about things that aren't about the blog post, what I find most interesting about what he wrote is that it looks like this is going to be a bench trial. I'm not sure if that will play best into Leyser as Jamie Gold can come across as a big douche and wouldn't make for a favorable defendant in a jury trial
well according to seif, the judge seems to be leaning towards the prosecution, which is a good sign. i do agree with you that jury trial might kill gold, but he might get another chance to table talk his way into something he doesnt deserve.

A bench trial would not allow Gold to obscure the facts.Point Leyser.However, how much consideration is Leyser REALLY entitled in th end? Half of WSOP $ for three celebrities? A deal is a deal - especially since the entry fee vs. EV of Gold playing...

Vote for Bush much? You don't "look after" Canada and you don't allocate military spending on our behalf. Your government does things for your own self-interests and you **** on people and countries when they don't support you. Your government is strictly protectionist for your own purposes, so don't give me any crapola about you guys being our big brother and taking care of us. "Big Brother", as in 1984 is more like it.Edit: And **** your embargo on Cuba, it's exactly why I piss on your statement.
Wow. You really owned me there. Whew. Who could see the sophomoric "Big Brother" reference coming? Again, very clever.
A bench trial would not allow Gold to obscure the facts.Point Leyser.However, how much consideration is Leyser REALLY entitled in th end? Half of WSOP $ for three celebrities? A deal is a deal - especially since the entry fee vs. EV of Gold playing...
Not that I have any clue how something like this would be argued. But I would assume that it would be brought up that there was a far better chance of Gold making 0 and thus the celebs were basically for free. I mean, Lillard and Dax suck, but Gold was taking anything he could get.Oh, and Without a Paddle is GOLD. I'll actually take all Seth Green movies, Can't Hardly Wait... Best. Movie. Ever.AINEC

A lot of it will depend on the judge and his view of what contract law should accomplish. He may decide that 6 million is unjust enrichment considering how much "work" Leyser did. Or he could say a deal is a deal and make Gold give up all 6 mill. I just took my first year contracts exam in law school and I saw a bunch of cases like this and they can go either way.My guess Leyser gets 3 mill.